The Education Forum

JFK's 102nd Birthday today

Couldn't not say something to someone, so left this comment on John Barbour's You Tube of today:

Speaking mind says: Happy Birthday JFK ! We now know the truth of what happened to you and why it happened. You weren't a shil for special interests, you were against colonialism in all forms, worldwide. You were smart, witty, rarely wasted a sentence in public. You were widely loved and you inspired untold millions of people to reach for happiness--which, as you said, was defined by the Greeks as performing one's ability - whatever it is - at a level of excellence. You were a genuine war hero who dragged a shipmate - with your teeth  -for a mile in the sea. Your great June 1963 American Univ Commencement Address will stand with Washington's and Eisenhower's Farewell Address. Presidents who are pure - who are not grifters or shils -  remain in our memory because of their character and integrity while performing the work that gave them happiness. We salute you again, Mr President. It has not been the same since.

You can say that last again Robert.

Thanks for noting this Dave.

Facebook for the first time in my experience blacked out a JFK autopsy

photo I posted today. It says against the black covering background, "This photo may show violent or graphic content."

And it goes on, "This photo was automatically covered so people can decide

if they want to see it." You can click on a link reading "Uncover photo" to open

it. This was the "stare of death" photo I posted among others on JFK's 102th birthday,

including a portrait I took of him while working as a volunteer in his 1960 Wisconsin presidential primary campaign,

a photo I took of the room where he was born, a baby photo, photos of him as a boy, etc.

His birthday and the anniversary of his death in recent years have made me wonder what he might have accomplished had he lived through two full terms.  No Vietnam, Peace with both Cuba and Russia for starters.  Bless his memory, what he did accomplish (civil rights in particular), and what he wanted too. 

We needed people - men and women - who wanted to be statesmen.  Check the world in JFK's lifetime - we had Nasser and we had Eden.  We had Sukarno and we had the spooks who made policy and brought him down.  Of such is eulogy and damnation.

Edited by David Andrews

14 hours ago, Robert Harper said:

Happy Birthday JFK ! We now know the truth of what happened to you and why it happened. You weren't a shil for special interests, you were against colonialism in all forms, worldwide. You were smart, witty, rarely wasted a sentence in public. You were widely loved and you inspired untold millions of people to reach for happiness--which, as you said, was defined by the Greeks as performing one's ability - whatever it is - at a level of excellence. You were a genuine war hero who dragged a shipmate - with your teeth  -for a mile in the sea. Your great June 1963 American Univ Commencement Address will stand with Washington's and Eisenhower's Farewell Address. Presidents who are pure - who are not grifters or shils -  remain in our memory because of their character and integrity while performing the work that gave them happiness. We salute you again, Mr President. It has not been the same since.

As a Brit, I would like to endorse everything you wrote above, Robert.

The problem is that other people didn't think the way you folks do.  Their different thinking led to President Kennedy's murder in Dallas.

My whole family were rabid Kennedy fans and supporters.  One member even cast an Electoral College vote for Kennedy.  Maybe because of being a juvenile in juvenile rebellion I was not and continued to not be a supporter until 2015 when I looked once again at the Life Magazine photo commonly called the Backyard Photo.  That changed everything.

One of the JFK photos that I believe greatly endeared him to so many was the widely shown one of him walking bent down with clapping hands and a broad fatherly love smile, to reach his infant son John Kennedy Jr. who was rushing to his daddy with outstretched arms after JFK had just landed in the presidential helicopter.

The genuine joy and warmth of that particular photo just resonated deeply with Americans.

JFK's face and smile had an incredible warmth, charm, intelligence and kindness.

It was the opposite of the ugly hang dog, conniving mean eyed fake smile one of LBJ.

LBJ just looked "Good Ole Boy" corrupt.

Edited by Joe Bauer