The Education Forum

Jeffrey Epstein Dies By Suicide Under Suicide Watch? Comparisons To Oswald's Death In Dallas Police Custody Inevitable.

Joe Bauer

Whitney Webb is going some interesting work.  She called me while she was prepping this long article.

Mintpress has some real guts.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bipartisan outrage and suspicion:

Lawmakers demanded answers Saturday after wealthy financier and accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein was found dead by apparent suicide, with a number calling for an immediate investigation and justice for his alleged victims.

“The Department of Justice failed, and today Jeffrey Epstein’s co-conspirators think they might have just gotten one last sweetheart deal,” Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., wrote in a fiery letter to Attorney General William Barr on Saturday.

In the letter, a furious-sounding Sasse blasted the Justice Department for the circumstances that allowed Epstein to die by apparent suicide at a federal prison in Manhattan just a little over two weeks after he was found injured and in a fetal position in his cell. He was semiconscious with marks on his neck at the time.

He was not on suicide watch at the time of his death, multiple people familiar with the investigation told NBC News.

“Every single person in the Justice Department — from your Main Justice headquarters staff all the way to the night-shift jailer — knew that this man was a suicide risk, and that his dark secrets couldn’t be allowed to die with him," Sasse wrote. "Given Epstein’s previous attempted suicide, he should have been locked in a padded room under unbroken, 24/7, constant surveillance. Obviously, heads must roll.”

I would have to agree with the above..

I just wonder if they will get away with the usual cover up this time.

Edited by James DiEugenio

7 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Whitney Webb is going some interesting work.  She called me while she was prepping this long article.

Mintpress has some real guts.

Being a conspiracy theorist, I have a conspiracy theory. Epstein is still alive.

Paying everyone off and faking his death was the only way to get out of jail.

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

Being a conspiracy theorist, I have a conspiracy theory. Epstein is still alive.

Paying everyone off and faking his death was the only way to get out of jail.

As a tour guide once told me in a restaurant overlooking the Main in Frankfurt: One waiter can be bribed, but not thirty.

Joan Mellen claimed that we can tell one's affiliation with, or support of, the CIA by his/its reaction to the Garrison investigation.  What will we be able to tell about press organizations, mainstream or other, by their coverage of the Epstein case, beginning yesterday?

Edited by David Andrews

This is Part 3 of the Whitney Webb series, with links back to Part 1 & 2 near the top:

"Mega Group, Maxwells and Mossad: The Spy Story at the Heart of the Jeffrey Epstein Scandal. The picture painted by the evidence is not a direct Epstein tie to a single intelligence agency but a web linking key members of the Mega Group, politicians, and officials in both the U.S. and Israel, and an organized-crime network with deep business and intelligence ties in both nations."

https://www.mintpressnews.com/mega-group-maxwells-mossad-spy-story-jeffrey-epstein-scandal/261172/

17 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

EYES WIDE SHUT

Victor Ziegler: Listen, Bill, I don't think you realize what kind of trouble you were in last night. Who do you think those people were? Those were not just ordinary people there. If I told you their names... I'm not gonna tell you their names, but if I did, I don't think you'll sleep so well.

First thing I thought of when Epstein was exposed, Stanley Krubrick’s last movie “Eyes Wide Shut” .........not mention “The United States of Amnesia” as Gore Vidal called it

I will peep out of my hole just long enough to offer some real-world perspective.  For 15 years, one of my clients was a rural county sheriff's department.  Even in this small-time environment, they averaged at least one jail suicide per year.

When an inmate "hangs" himself, it is seldom what you picture.  Inmates hang themselves sitting on the floor or sitting on their bunks.  The last straw was an inmate who hung himself from his toothbrush.  It sounded so absurd that I challenged it and received an eye-opening education into the creative ways that inmates hang themselves.

Our protocol for routine inmates required each cell to be observed every 15 minutes.  Every observation was logged.  If the log showed 21 minutes between observations, we knew we would be settling an expensive lawsuit.  There are lawyers who are literally "jail suicide chasers," and they seldom miss an opportunity.

The jail "pods" (groups of cells) were under 24-hour video observation from a central desk manned by three people.  To enter a pod, you had to pass through two locked doors that could only be opened from the central desk.  And this was just a small-time county facility, not a federal detention facility in NYC.

Epstein's death is indeed bizarre and suspicious - almost a perfect storm for conspiracy theorizing, even by me - but if he died in his cell and was the only inmate in that cell then it's a 99.9% certainty it was indeed a suicide assisted by gross negligence on the part of the staff.  If he died from poisoning or some "sudden illness," of course, then that's a different story.  Regardless of how clear the evidence turns out to be, the over-under that I'm offering on conspiracy theories by the end of the year is 15.

Edited by Guest

Most of the recent media attention about Jeffrey Epstein has focused on the sordid, shocking stories about teen sex trafficking with celebrities and politicians.

But the guy, apparently, also had a lengthy history of major, shady business deals, after he stopped teaching at New York City's Dalton School (where he was, coincidentally, hired by AG Bill Barr's father) to work at Bear Stearns.

FWIW, according to his Wiki bio, Epstein...

1)  He was, allegedly, involved with Saudi businessman Adnan Khashoggi in the Iran-Contra related sale of Israeli weapons to Iran.

2)  Was directly involved in the fraudulent ratings of subprime mortgage-backed derivatives, which caused the collapse of Bear Stearns (and the Great Recession.)

3)  Was a close business associate of former Israeli Prime Minister (and Israeli Mossad Director) Ehud Barak.

Edited by W. Niederhut
typo

I think this may be the beginning of the excuses/cover up.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/11/jeffrey-epstein-guards-1458136

I ask again, what about the camera?  All you have to do is look up at it every few minutes.  

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I ask again, what about the camera?

"‘It’s going to be very curious if there was no cameras’: former prosecutor says of Epstein jail" Published August 11, 2019 By Sarah K. Burris, rawstory.com

Former prosecutor and CNN legal analyst Paul Callan said that it would be very “curious” if there were no cameras in the area of Jeffrey Epstein. Both Callan and Elie Honig, former federal and state prosecutor, have seen the inside of the Manhattan jail where Epstein was kept leading up to his trial. They both agreed that the prison is filled with cameras, including hallways.

“The big question is there are lots of cameras in that facility with the exception of where lawyers meet with their clients,” said Cameras. There are “video, and other cameras are around. Was there a camera in this area and was it working? We haven’t heard any reports on that yet. It’s going to be very curious if there was no camera working in this area. To show what happened.”

Honig said that he thought “every square inch” of the jail was covered. “There better be a video,” Honig said. “If there’s not, we won’t even have even question one answered, which is what happened inside that cell. And there won’t be any faith or credibility given to DOJ and the federal bureau prisons if there’s not even that video. And just from a physical perspective, the special housing unit where he was being held is not big. It’s essentially one hallway with cell on one wall. It’s the size of an average dormitory hallway, straight-line down. It’s not as if these cells are separate (sic) from one. You can see and hear what’s going on, basically, the entire unit.”

One former employee of the Bureau of Prisons cautioned that there might not be video, because people accused but not convicted of a crime are not always monitored on camera due to privacy. The medical examiner report should be released late Sunday.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/its-going-to-be-very-curious-if-there-was-no-cameras-former-prosecutor-says-of-epstein-jail/