The Education Forum

EVIDENCE FOR HARVEY AND LEE (Please debate the specifics right here. Don't just claim someone else has debunked it!)

Jim Hargrove

John K,

Thanks for this additional information.  When possible, I'll ask John A. if he recalls his source for the statements he made about the HUAC file and Judge Tunheim.  In the meantime, I wanted to add one more thing about CMC/Permindex.

At John Armstrong’s public speeches in the late 1990s, he would almost always set up large projection screens on both sides of the podium.  As he gave his lengthy talks, he projected images of documents, scores of documents, illustrating the factual basis of his claims.

The first time I saw one of these speeches I was immediately struck by what I never saw in the whole CMC/Permindex saga: DIRECT EVIDENCE.  Specific, relatively simple pieces of EVIDENCE.

It’s been a long time since I studied the whole Permindex business, but what I recall from way back then was how little real evidence there was linking CMC/Permindex to the Kennedy assassination.  All kinds of loose associations, this financier knowing that banker, rich people behaving selfishly, but nothing, just nothing, specifically pointing to the JFKA.

Perhaps that is the sort of thing that should be expected in upper level financial circles, but if we have found no direct EVIDENCE in all this time for the Permindex/CMC involvement, I sincerely doubt we ever will.    

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

Jim:

Have been working on this as well.  Below is the response I received from NARA that may be helpful in your research.

This is in response to your September 2, 2019, request for information about the records of the JFK Assassination Records Collection. Specifically, you are seeking information about Judge John Tunheim's donation of his personal correspondence relating to his time as Chair of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB). We received your request on September 6, 2019.

We were unable to locate any correspondence to or from Judge Tunheim outside of the ARRB records. We did find the Papers of Jack Tunheim in the Collection. This is one box containing transcripts of three Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS) investigative reports broadcasts given to J. Tunheim by a CBS producer on 9/25/1998.

Otherwise it appears that all other records of his time with the ARRB would in Record Group (RG) 541,Records of the Assassination Records Review Board that are part of the JFK Assassination Records Collection. You can also find a finding aid for ARRB records off of the Collection's main page. Series 1: Administrative Records is currently closed for pending privacy screening for Personally Identifiable Information (PII)."

I mostly wanted to get the information above on this new page, but I'd also ask, Have you also tried the Mary Ferrell JFK database for the HUAC material?  I spent a few minutes yesterday looking there, without success.

On 3/21/2020 at 9:00 AM, John Kowalski said:

David:

CE 2195 mentions that there was a man and wife sitting in front of Osborne, and that the man was retired from the Bermuda Police Dept. Osborne visited Bermuda many times after departing there in 1914. Have some suspicions that he may have British intelligence connections because Bermuda is a British colony. On the passenger list, there is a name, McFarland who is travelling with his wife that is next to Bowen. Do you know anything about him?

McFarland and wife supposedly from England...  I have docs on them but I want to side step a second...

Harvey Cash of the American Consul in Laredo spread so much disinformation it’s hard to know how much was real and how much out of the minds of the FBI and Ochoa...  the Aussie girls were on Del Norte, not Flecha Rojas....  yet officially they and Bowen and McFs are on that Flecha bus...   while the FBI tells the CIA Ozzie took Anahuac from Monterrey...

All the records and copies of records for all bus lines for those days were taken by Mexican officials, yet I did find this which says Bowen traveled with “SHIPPER” north on Oct 1...  many of the pertinent docs are in the articles at KandK

5a207cdd7a70b_63-11-26FBImexifile105-3702NARA124-10230-10442Anotehrbusline-ANAHUACaskedforallNorthbo-dbusrecordstobesenttoPIEDRASNEGRASbordercrossing11-26.thumb.jpg.22f6273bf1942bf4838cf1d757e508cc.jpg

5a207c43aefe2_63-11-26CIAMexicosummaryhasOswaldarrivingonAnahuacbuslineandleavingsameOct1.jpg.2a594a01113466cd48c128aa2bb65207.jpg133955240_63-11-25FBI105-3702NARA124-10230-10432MexisourcescheckedallbuslinesOct1-2-3allNEGATIVEforOSWALDtravelp1Anahuacnowinvolved-highlighted.thumb.jpg.826a7796868f24129dbaad109136ee62.jpg

21 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Perhaps that is the sort of thing that should be expected in upper level financial circles, but if we have found no direct EVIDENCE in all this time for the Permindex/CMC involvement, I sincerely doubt we ever will.    

Jim:

I agree. Much of what is said about Permindex and CMC is not based on fact and people have been saying things about them that are not true, and that are rooted in the Torbitt document, EIR and Dope Inc. While I am still interested in new info about Bloomfield and these companies I am sure that they covered their tracks regarding the covert things they  did do.

22 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

I mostly wanted to get the information above on this new page, but I'd also ask, Have you also tried the Mary Ferrell JFK database for the HUAC material?  I spent a few minutes yesterday looking there, without success.

Jim:

Have not checked Mary Ferrell but have located a list of people who were interviewed by these committees. Record Group 233 at NARA has the HUAC documents. I have the HUAC finding aids, which includes the Dies Committee (1938-1944). The finding aids provide a general description of what is in these files. What will be needed is a visit to NARA to review these documents or they can be copied and sent to you for a fee.

I doubt that there will be a direct reference to M. Oswald in these files but there could be other people in them that may be linked to her or knew of her activities. For example H. Keith Thompson. He was linked to Marguerite in connection with her book. He is a neo-nazi who also lived in Yorkville in the early 1950s.

21 hours ago, David Josephs said:

McFarland and wife supposedly from England...  I have docs on them but I want to side step a second...

Harvey Cash of the American Consul in Laredo spread so much disinformation it’s hard to know how much was real and how much out of the minds of the FBI and Ochoa...  the Aussie girls were on Del Norte, not Flecha Rojas....  yet officially they and Bowen and McFs are on that Flecha bus...   while the FBI tells the CIA Ozzie took Anahuac from Monterrey...

All the records and copies of records for all bus lines for those days were taken by Mexican officials, yet I did find this which says Bowen traveled with “SHIPPER” north on Oct 1...  many of the pertinent docs are in the articles at KandK

Thanks David.

3 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Thanks David.

John McFarland 

6:35PM GMT 21 Nov 2013

John McFarland , who has died aged 83, was a respected surgeon in Liverpool; outside his professional life he was an adventurous sailor, and he also once travelled across America on a Greyhound bus in the company of President Kennedy’s assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

McFarland was doing research at the University of Mississippi when, in September 1963 (two months before the assassination), he and his young wife, Meryl, boarded a bus at Jackson, Mississippi, bound for Mexico City.

As they later testified to the Warren Commission, they first saw Oswald on September 26 when they changed buses at Houston, Texas. Oswald told them that he had come from New Orleans, where he was secretary of the local branch of the Fair Play for Cuba Organisation, and that he was on his way to Cuba in the hope of meeting President Castro — he was going via Mexico City because it was illegal to travel to Cuba from the United States.

Oswald, they said, had been wearing “ordinary slacks and, a more definite recollection, a sort of zipper jerkin”. After Kennedy’s death the McFarlands had recognised him as their fellow passenger from his pictures in the newspapers. During McFarland’s later career as a surgeon in Liverpool, he would occasionally be contacted by representatives of the FBI investigating aspects of the assassination.

The eldest of three sons of the Professor of Orthopaedics at Liverpool University, John Bryan McFarland was born on September 17 1930, and educated at Trearddur House prep school in Anglesey (where the family had a holiday home) and then Shrewsbury. He read Medicine at Liverpool University, qualifying in 1954. After house jobs in his home city and in Edinburgh, he did National Service (1955-57) with the RAMC, mainly in Kenya at the time of the Mau Mau uprisings.

After his spell in America, McFarland returned to Liverpool. He was appointed consultant surgeon, senior lecturer in the Department of Surgery at the University of Liverpool, and to an NHS post at the David Lewis Northern Hospital. He then practised at the Royal Southern Hospital (until it closed in 1978) and the new Royal Liverpool Hospital. As well as developing an interest in gastrointestinal surgery, he became recognised for his gifts as a clinical researcher, and he published regularly throughout his career.

When the Royal Liverpool opened in 1978, McFarland helped to recruit artists to create stimulating murals inside the building — and was displeased to learn during his retirement that these had been destroyed as part of the refurbishment to make the hospital “fit for purpose” in the 21st century.

Since his father had died in his early sixties, partly through overwork, McFarland resolved to retire while he could still enjoy life. Aged 61 he threw a leaving party at the Royal Liverpool, and the next morning he left Britain, sailing down the Mersey into the Irish Sea in his Vancouver 32 (his passion for sailing had been nurtured during family holidays in Anglesey).

For the next four years he sailed the Mediterranean, sometimes in the company of his son, Jonathan, before deciding to settle at Soller in Majorca, where he was based for the rest of his life.

For several years he spent winters in India, working as a doctor at a small hospital run by nuns in Cochin in the state of Kerala, where many of the patients were fishermen and their families.

John McFarland’s wife Meryl , whom he married in 1962, was the daughter of Andrew Mckie Reid, an eminent Liverpool ophthalmologist. She died in 2000; their son survives him.

John McFarland, born September 17 1930, died October 5 2013

WCD71 p11 starts a list of people entering Mexico at Laredo on Sept 26....  OSWALD is not listed... LEE is not listed specifically in Louisiana or TX

Only the McFarland's are listed as being from Louisiana (despite the note saying they were from Jackson MS) and the reality that they lived in Liverpool...

And if you look at that Baggage list again there are 2 lines under Harry MITCHELL... not just one...  we don't know who that is either...

Interesting that they took Mrs. McF apart from Mr. and call it out....  this report was generated via an interview by British police with the McF's and conveyed to the FBI...

and why bother listing the DRIVER as a PASSENGER ??  there is also a "ROWEN" a few lines up, traveling alone... fwiw

DJ...

Despite having spoke to them in DEC 1963.... it's not until May that we get an affidavit... kinda like Feldsott's delay till July....
These statements simply reek from the FBI feeding details to make the stories believable... 

The following affidavit was executed By John Bryan McFarland and Meryl McFarland on May 28, 1964 https://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/mcfarland.htm 

img_10473_13_300.png   740464264_63-12-14FBIMexi124-10243-10032HARRYandANNMARIEMITCHELLassociatedwithMcFarlandsasMrsMcFfromMississippip1.thumb.jpg.90fa9dc8729e009ade7df2eafd029f88.jpg

On 3/22/2020 at 7:07 AM, John Kowalski said:

Jim:

The only document I have seen about Shaw is the one that says he is on CMC's board of directors. Permindex was established in late 1958 and there is no evidence that at that time Shaw was connected to it.

I read the same documents that Phillips did and yes it mentions the Rothschilds and the Rockefellers. I do not doubt that they were connected to Permndex and CMC and that these companies were up to something covert but the documentation does not say what covert activities they were engaged in. Assassination no, but bribery and other covert activities probably.

John:

In his own Who' Who in the Southwest in 1963-64 Shaw listed himself as a board director of Permindex.,

The next year, Shaw stopped listing himself in that volume. PERIOD!

And Jim you refer to some kind of handoff of Oswald to Banister.  That is not really true.  Because the last activity Oswald did in Louisiana that was patently suspicious was the journey to Clinton/Jackson. And that was not with Banister.  It was clearly with Shaw and Ferrie.  And that evidence has grown stronger and stronger over the years. Today I would regard it as a fact.

Just as I would the evidence with what  Bill Davy shows: Quiroga supplied the flyers for LHO to distribute in front of Shaw's Trade Mart that day.

Now, one can go into some of the other nefarious things Permindex was involved in, e.g. the assassination attempts against DeGaulle, the banking arrangements orchestrated by Dulles through the CIA's pet banks like Schroeders.  The fact that in addition to that, that Nagy was in contact with the CIA, and also with Rockefeller and the Rothschilds, and he reportedly had a home in Dallas in 1963, I don't think all of this should be dismissed because you somehow cannot find a smoking gun.

I don't think there is one in this case as to who did it and how it was done.  Unless you want to count Roscoe White's buried trunk, or Mac Wallace's ersatz fingerprint.  What there is are things like this through which we build, as the FBI calls it, a mosaic.  Jim Garrison called it an operating paradigm.  This one has enough interesting and interlocking pieces that it stays alive for me.

55 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

And Jim you refer to some kind of handoff of Oswald to Banister.  That is not really true.  Because the last activity Oswald did in Louisiana that was patently suspicious was the journey to Clinton/Jackson. And that was not with Banister.  It was clearly with Shaw and Ferrie.  And that evidence has grown stronger and stronger over the years. Today I would regard it as a fact.

Thanks, Jim, but my bet is that it was American-born LEE Oswald who made the appearances in Clinton and Jackson while it was Russian-speaking HARVEY Oswald who worked that whole charade around the Trade Mart and Banister’s office.  John A. makes the case for this starting on page 578 of H&L.

Although witnesses say Shaw did some of the driving for the Clinton appearances, John wrote, “Around noon LEE Oswald drove to the East Louisiana State Hospital and spoke with Bobbie Dedon, a nurse's aid who worked in the hospital.”  HARVEY Oswald didn’t drive.  Soon after this, LEE Oswald would be driving Ruth Paine’s car in Texas while HARVEY was still in New Orleans.

5 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

Jim:

How did John A. find the reference to M.Oswald in 1941, was it a 1953 CIA document? If he still has the document can you upload it.

I don't know what evidence he had for this, John, and I've been checking all the usual sources to find it.  No luck so far.  I'll ask John A. ASAP.

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Just as I would the evidence with what  Bill Davy shows: Quiroga supplied the flyers for LHO to distribute in front of Shaw's Trade Mart that day.

Yet is was Mr. Osborne who placed the order....    Myra SILVER is shown a photo of OSWALD by FBI who she says was not the person placing the order
and in pure FBI SOP, they did not ask her to describe the person... only that based on the report's first sentence:

...on May 29, 1963, a person who she understood gave his name as OSBORNE..."   Does this imply a Spanish-person?
... and is there a relationship between Quiroga and Osborne?  I have not yet looked

To begin with, the father of a witness who vouched for their character, Frederick Osborne Jr., was a close associate of Allen Dulles

5a208f5dacf57_63-06-04FPCCreceiptwithMROSBORNElisted-OswaldMexico.jpg.e74f13b30e394c432886e0267a130e4a.jpg

19 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Thanks, Jim, but my bet is that it was American-born LEE Oswald who made the appearances in Clinton and Jackson while it was Russian-speaking HARVEY Oswald who worked that whole charade around the Trade Mart and Banister’s office

Jim - these where both HARVEY from what I understand...

There was only one car in Clinton Jackson and it was driven by Shaw.

In fact, there was a photo of all three men in the car.

This really doesn't have to be replied to.  It is just something I ran across on the internet.  It is an old topic much debated in the past on the Forum.

I found this at:   Lee Harvey Oswald in Russia
An Unauthorized History from the Kennedy Assassination 

LEE - MARINA HEIGHT DISCREPANCY
EXPLAINED

lucy-marinas-friend-and-woman-heights.jp

This supposedly explains the height discrepancy in this photo:

alek-james-hidell-maybe.jpg

People will go to any lengths to prove their ideas right.

At first this fellow thought Marina was Lucy Petrusevich, Marina's girl friend.  But, no that wasn't so.  Then he uses Lucy Petrusevich and his field producer, Olga to show it is just the difference in height is according to where they were standing.  It is a phony setup.  Camera angles are different.  The exact spot is, where Marina and Oswald are standing is not the same.

This is shown in a wider example of the photo.

oswald-and-marina-wide-photo-1.jpg

Notice the red line.  Marina's left leg and foot are at the same elevation as Oswald's right leg and foot.  There are no differences in height close to the wall or away from the wall.  Compare the same leg positions in the Lucy and Olga height comparisons.  Just a fraud and another attempt to discredit the notion of a double Oswald.  Actually, in this case a triple Oswald.

Marina in 5'2" or 5'1".  She is not wearing flats, but heels.  This can be clearly seen in this photo.  There about 2 " heels which would make her about 5'4".  Still not tall enough for a 5'9" or 5'11" Oswald. 

This Oswald doesn't even look like Lee or Harvey.  The Short Oswald looks like the Draft Card Oswald.  I have named this fellow Alek Hidell.

Marina is something else.  She might be taking care of 3 Oswalds.