The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

20 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Trump's retweet of Chuck Woolery is no surprise. Trump is constantly trying to pull the Woolery over our eyes.

Ugh...not one of your better one-liners, Ron... 🤥

On the flip side, the food fight between Kirk and Jeff here is cracking me up.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

4 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

He didn't.  He said he went to a matinee.  That means an early showing of a movie since the TAMI Show only had one performance.

Bill Sargent! Kooky inventor haha!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/missouri-school-district-forces-parents-to-sign-covid-19-waiver-for-children/

“A school district in Missouri is requiring parents to sign a waiver in case children become infected with COVID-19 and die.

The “waiver of liability” from Hazelwood School District was shared on Tuesday by attorney Natasha Scruggs.

“I feel sick reading it,” Scruggs said.

The document asks parents to acknowledge that COVID-19 is a public health crisis and to relinquish their rights to hold the district responsible even if a student’s death is “caused by the negligence of carelessness” of school staff.”

“The undersigned agrees to release, discharge, hold harmless and indemnify the Hazelwood School District, it’s agents, employees, officers, Board of Education members, insurers and others acting on the District’s behalf (the Releasees) of and from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and/or legal liabilities for injuries to or death of my child occurring during, or resulting from, or participation in the above-mentioned program or activity and related in any way to COVID-19, even if the cause, damages or injuries are alleged to be the fault of or alleged to be caused by the negligence of carelessness of the Releasees.”

It was bad enough when they said it was OK to kill off our grandparents in the pursuit of "getting the economy going again, because it was just an "old persons disease". Now they want the right to freely kill off our children too.

Steve Thomas

42 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

the food fight between Kirk and Jeff here is cracking me up.

I don't even know what the TAMI Show is. (Somewhere in this 66-page thread I guess I missed it.)

On 7/9/2020 at 5:09 AM, Steve Thomas said:

William Barr’s Private Army

"“Operation Legend” is specifically going to focus on a federal effort to increase law enforcement effort in the city. Barr has directed agents from the Department of Justices, law enforcement agencies, the FBI, U.S. Marshal, DEA and ATF to be on the ground in Kansas City within the next 10 days and to help state and local officials fight the surge of violent crime.

WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany announced the federal government is stepping in to help stop the surge of violent crime in Kansas City, Missouri with a program named after a 4-year-old boy lost to gun violence. “Operation Legend,” named after 4-year-old LeGend Tallifero, will lead to increased law enforcement presence in the next 10 days.

(Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas) said he learned on Twitter Wednesday afternoon that the Department of Justice plans to send federal investigators to Kansas City as support for unsolved homicide and non-fatal shooting investigations.

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/13/trump-says-federal-government.html

"Numbers are going to be coming down even if we have to go and take over cities," said impeached U.S. president Donald Trump today (July 13, 2020), in a word salad series of lies about violent crime.

"Number are gonna be coming down even if we have to go in and take over cities ... We're not supposed to, we're supposed to wait for them to call, but they don't call."

Steve Thomas

5 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

He didn't.  He said he went to a matinee.  That means an early showing of a movie since the TAMI Show only had one performance.

There were two performances, Oct. 28 and 29, 1964. No matinees.

Trump: What does this babble mean?  First it was unleashing th military on protesters in DC, then it was arresting those who pull down public statues, then it was opening schools which the federal government does not have the right to do, then it was pushing capital punishments, and now its invading cities with federal forces to bring down crime? Has Trump read the Constitution about separation of powers?

"Numbers are going to be coming down even if we have to go and take over cities," said impeached U.S. president Donald Trump today (July 13, 2020), in a word salad series of lies about violent crime.

"Number are gonna be coming down even if we have to go in and take over cities ... We're not supposed to, we're supposed to wait for them to call, but they don't call."

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I don't even know what the TAMI Show is. (Somewhere in this 66-page thread I guess I missed it.)

Sting mentioned Kirk's TAMI Show in one of my all-time favorite work out songs by the Police-- from the Zenyatta Mondatta album-- "When the World Is Running Down, (You Make the Best of What's Still Around.")

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Thanks. The only TAMI show I could think of was Tammy Faye Bakker. I used to enjoy watching her and Jim's show. My favorite was when she told about how God healed her washing machine.

The TAMI Show has to be good if Chuck Berry is in it. My favorite scene in "Pulp Fiction" is the twist contest where they dance to "You Never Can Tell," a Chuck Berry song that I had never even heard before. I wonder if it was even a hit in its time.

2 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

Thanks. The only TAMI show I could think of was Tammy Faye Bakker. I used to enjoy watching her and Jim's show. My favorite was when she told about how God healed her washing machine.

The TAMI Show has to be good if Chuck Berry is in it. My favorite scene in "Pulp Fiction" is the twist contest where they dance to "You Never Can Tell," a Chuck Berry song that I had never even heard before. I wonder if it was even a hit in its time.

I helped write/ghost wrote a book by the agent who worked with Sargent on the show. Berry refused to go on unless he was given cash. They had to find a banker prior to the show to guarantee payment or provide a cashier's check. Chuck had been around the block back in the day and had been stiffed so he wasn't going to go for a company check etc. Sargent was an amazing guy but nutty. He had this video broadcast system that was high resolution and years before it's time apparently. It allowed him to broadcast onto large theater screens live. He offered the Beatles 50 million to reunite and share billing in his Australian based Man versus Shark broadcast he was trying to sell. Pretty nutty hahaha!

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

A message for President Donald Trump from his niece: 'Resign'

In exclusive, Mary Trump said it's "dangerous" for her uncle to lead the US.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/message-president-donald-trump-niece-resign/story?id=71779486

Interesting, but does anyone need Trump's niece to tell us he's dangerous?

Over 130,000 Americans have found out the hard way.

I think that something that Giuliani said about Trump's audits kind of slid under the radar.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rudy-giuliani-blows-up-trumps-audit-excuse-on-tax-returns

"After telling Fox News host Maria Bartiromo that he thought the Supreme Court ruling that the president must turn over his financial records to New York investigators was “terribly decided,” Giuliani said, “They have no reason to believe that there is anything wrong with his tax returns. All these tax returns have by and large—maybe not the last one—but all of them have been audited, all of them have either been passed on or settled.”

“There should be some finality in tax returns,” he continued. “In other words, we get audited, we make a deal, we pay the government, you don’t come after me forever for that.”"

What's this about Trump settling with the IRS. and making a deal and paying the government?

To the best of my knowledge, there's only one reason you make a deal and settle with the IRS, pay the government and move on.

Did someone not pay his taxes?

Steve Thomas