The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

22 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

What is the bombshell?

The middling-upper level Justice Dep't lawyer named Jeffrey Clark, evidently bereft of his senses, told Trump he should be elevated Attorney General to pursue the voter fraud cause. 

Trump heard him out, considered consequences, and did not promote Clark. 

I guess you could say Trump doing the right thing is a bombshell story. 

BTW, Clark has credentials up the wazoo, including a degree from Harvard and a law degree from Georgetown (considered a top-flight law school). You wonder what happens to people once they get inside that DC bubble. Clark strikes me as nutty, but then inside the Beltway, ambitions and partisanship are the norm. 

On another matter---

The second public hearing of the House select committee investigating last year’s Capitol riot drew around 10 million total viewers Monday, less than half the audience that watched the committee’s primetime opening presentation last week.

Strictly discussing tactics not merits: The Donk plan for six primetime J6 hearings, even though slickly produced, always struck me as over-ambitious. 

One and done, or possibly two J6 sessions over a weekend strikes me as a better plan.

Inside DC, they think life is partisan one-upmanship. 

Outside DC...well, people have lives to live. 

Ben - you try present a balanced, nuanced, and thoughtful view, but I can’t help but notice that your criticisms of Republican antics are afterthoughts, brief tossed off comments. You seem to have it in for Democrats. Just sayin…

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Ben - you try present a balanced, nuanced, and thoughtful view, but I can’t help but notice that your criticisms of Republican antics are afterthoughts, brief tossed off comments. You seem to have it in for Democrats. Just sayin…

Paul-

Perhaps I feel betrayed by the Donks, and hold them to a higher standard. I was a Democrat most of my life. 

I never expect anything from the 'Phants, and was surprised when it was the nominal 'Phant Trump who actually enacted middle-class favoring economic policies on trade and illegal immigration. Policies the Donks should have been. 

Times change, and the character of America's two dominant political parties has changed in the last 50 years. 

Today: It sure seems like it is the Donk-Deep State-M$M blob that is promoting divisiveness, and not promoting policies to rebuild America's industrial base and middle class, or to avoid foreign entanglements. 

The establishment GOP is ugly also. 

In high school I had a buddy, who was a nice guy, and wanted to get at least a few dates for his two sisters. I was a typical callow youth, and his sisters...well, pulchritude was not evident. 

He asked me, "Which one will you take to the movies tonight?" 

Not "if." 

Well, today I say "if" when it come to the Donks or the 'Phants. 

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

The fact that this remains an uphill battle speaks volumes, and from a citizen’s point of view it is a no brainer.

The fact that it's an uphill battle, Paul is simple math. The Democrats did not do well in 2020. You can blame it on voter suppression issues, if you want. But if they had an ideological majority this would pass, and it's revealing that not one Republican is going to help. That tells you more volumes.

Let's go back to this scenario, that I think your criticism was that it was unrealistic, but in fact there's serious world consider going on right now.

Let's really look at this rather than just throw up our hands and say someone will just get assassinated anyway!

The divide between the rich and poor gets wider and the middle class is marginalized out of existence. A condition that many here i believe maybe yourself have stated has already happened. The populace reaches a consensus that the staus quo cannot continue and elects a popular, probably younger candidate and his party is swept into Congress and enacts legislation to eliminate tax loopholes and enforces income tax rates similar to the 1950's, (before JFK) and they institute a wealth tax on the mega wealthy.  Similarly they close all tax loopholes on the multi national corporations and make them pay a 25% tax on their earnings.
What would the elites or corporate state do?
People here are right to bring up that ultimately Trump was not going to overturn our Democracy. (but he would greatly have destabilized it )because ultimately the military was with  the peaceful transition of power after a a legitimate democratic election.
What would the elites/corporate state do? Raise an army? They'd never do that. They'd be isolating themselves from the general population,  that they want to sell their products to. Think about it.  Are they really united among themselves ? There are many within their ranks who have extensive ties and families outside of the corporate structure. Would they choose to go against the great majority of the population? Of course not!. Besides,  would they really have an allegiance to a top down pay structure where the corporate executives  make 100's of times more money than they do?

I find this a lot with the JFK research and speculation as well here. They don't really  know who they're opponents are and sometimes assume they would do stupid, uncharacteristic things.
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 6/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Chris Barnard said:

As if anyone on this forum is trying to argue that Trump didn’t want to stay in power, that’s ridiculous.

Yes, it's ridiculous. Of course Trump wanted to stay in power. But he wanted it so much that he tried to get people to do illegal things in attempts to stay in power. He may have done illegal things himself to that end... I don't know yet.

Had Trump succeeded in remaining in power, that would have constituted a coup.

But, as we all know, he failed.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Chris Barnard said:
On 6/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

No he doesn't. Anybody can ATTEMPT a coup without ANY preparation at all. Proper preparation is only necessary in order to SUCCEED.

This idea means you think Trump is stupid.

I don't think Trump is stupid. I think he's a self-centered, power-hungry li@r.

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

The fact that it's an uphill battle, Paul is simple math. The Democrats did not do well in 2020. You can blame it on voter suppression issues, if you want. But if they had an ideological majority this would pass, and it's revealing that not one Republican is going to help. That tells you more volumes.

Let's go back to this scenario, that I think your criticism was that it was unrealistic, but in fact there's serious world consider going on right now.

Let's really look at this rather than just throw up our hands and say someone will just get assassinated anyway!

The divide between the rich and poor gets wider and the middle class is marginalized out of existence. A condition that many here i believe maybe yourself have stated has already happened. The populace reaches a consensus that the staus quo cannot continue and elects a popular, probably younger candidate and his party is swept into

People here are right to bring up that ultimately Trump was not going to overturn our Democracy. (but he would greatly have destabilized it )because ultimately the military was with  the peaceful transition of power after a a legitimate democratic election.
What would the elites/corporate state do? Raise an army? They'd never do that. They'd be isolating themselves from the general population,  that they want to sell their products to. Think about it.  Are they really united among themselves ? There are many within their ranks who have extensive ties and families outside of the corporate structure. Would they choose to go against the great majority of the population? Of course not!. Besides,  would they really have an allegiance to a top down pay structure where the corporate executives  make 100's of times more money than they do?

I find this a lot with the JFK research and speculation as well here. They don't really  know who they're opponents are and sometimes assume they would do stupid, uncharacteristic things.

"Congress...enacts legislation to eliminate tax loopholes and enforces income tax rates similar to the 1950's, (before JFK) and they institute a wealth tax on the mega wealthy.  Similarly they close all tax loopholes on the multi national corporations and make them pay a 25% tax on their earnings."

---30---

¡IMHO!

Here is the deal. Even with these generally good ideas above...it won't work. 

Nothing will work until the American employee class has leverage again. 

As long as you have loose labor markets, people slop around in low-pay jobs, and try to collect food stamps or find subsidized housing etc. Turn against the "the system" and against others who are different from them (ID politics). 

Today there is endless whining about "tight labor markets." 

Trade and immigration policies must first work towards tight labor markets---if you want a successful nation. 

The Donks, and the establishment 'Phants are globalists.  They want opens borders for trade and immigration. 

That is a losing proposition, and Detroitification of America is the result. 

It had to happen. The leftie-libs want for President...Liz Cheney! 

I would say this is an M$M triumph!

The left has become so obsessed with Trump---manically so---that lefties are touting Liz Cheney as a Donk candidate the 2024 nationals.  

Liz Cheney!

TRUMP STEAKS ANYONE?

Like Father, Like Son.

“For example, Trump Jr. recently made a post on Instagram promoting Good Ranchers, a MAGA-friendly mail-order meat company.

“If you haven’t heard about Good Ranchers before, you need to. They’re one of the only companies out there delivering 100% American meat to your door 100% of the time,” Trump Jr. said in the video, which offered the code “MAGAKING” for two free ribeye steaks.”

Better Business Bureau®

https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/friendswood/profile/meat/good-ranchers-llc-0915-90051868

“Current Alerts For This Business

Accreditation Revocation:

On 12/02/2021 this business's accreditation in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure by the business to adhere to the BBB requirement that Accredited Businesses meet and abide by the following standards:

6. Address disputes forwarded by BBB quickly and in good faith.

8. Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and commitments with integrity, good faith and intent to do what is reasonably expected.

6A. Provide a response to each complaint that:

• Is professional,

• addresses all significant issues raised by the complainant,

• includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and

• explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.

6D. Cooperate with BBB in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by BBB.

Overview of BBB Ratings

image.png.0c4f805c40e6c3260682bbb5b359aadf.png

Steve Thomas

FRIDAY IS THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE WATERGATE BREAK-IN.

THE SUBSEQUENT INVESTIGATION, CRIMINAL TRIALS AND JAILING OF NOT JUST THE PLUMBER'S BURGLARY GROUP BUT ALMOST ALL OF NIXON'S CLOSEST STAFF IS CONSIDERED ONE OF THE HIGHEST IMPORTANCE POLITICAL CORRUPTION EVENTS IN OUR HISTORY.

PROBABLY "THE" MOST IMPORTANT IN IT'S BREATH OF HIGHEST GOVERNMENT POSITION PARTICIPANTS ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP OF THE EXCUTIVE BRANCH INCLUDING THE PRESIDENT HIMSELF.

OUR OWN FORUM MEMBER DOUG CADDY WAS ACTUALLY ENGAGED ONE ON ONE WITH THE PLUMBERS AS AN ATTORNEY DURING THE ENTIRE WATERGATE INVESTIGATION AND PRELIMINARY HEARINGS AND IS A MAJOR FIGURE IN THIS IMPORTANT ASPECT OF THE HISTORICAL EVENT.

HIS SHARING OF THE MOST INNER CIRCLE TRUE FACTS OF THE ACTUAL LEGAL HEARINGS OF THE BREAK-IN AND ALL THE SIDE STORIES CONNECTED TO THE CASE ARE SO APPRECIATED BY ME.

FASCINATING  HISTORICAL RECOLLECTIONS FROM A TRUE INSIDER.

Edited by Joe Bauer

13 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

A Trump-loving 2020 denier has won Nevada GOP's nomination to run state elections

By Matthew Chapman June 15, 2022

https://www.rawstory.com/jim-marchant-nevada/

"On Tuesday, Nevada Republicans chose as their nominee for secretary of state Jim Marchant, an organizer of a Trump-inspired coalition of far-right candidates united by their insistence that the 2020 election was rigged. Mr. Marchant, a former state legislator from Las Vegas, told voters during a February debate that 'your vote hasn’t counted for decades,'"

image.png.22880fa7b6e88d2b745027ca9e516047.png

I’ll run your elections…

At the point if a gun.

GOP commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

By Associated Press 06/15/22

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-commission-refuses-to-certify-new-mexico-primary-vote/ar-AAYuspz

ANTA FE, N.M. — New Mexico’s secretary of state on Tuesday asked the state Supreme Court to order the Republican-led commission of rural Otero County to certify primary election results after it refused to do so over distrust of Dominion vote-tallying machines.

Democratic Secretary of State Maggie Toulouse Olive’s request came a day after the three-member Otero County commission, in its role as a county canvassing board, voted unanimously against certifying the results of the June 7 primary without raising specific concerns about discrepancies.”

““I have huge concerns with these voting machines,” Otero County Commissioner Vickie Marquardt said Monday. “When I certify stuff that I don’t know is right, I feel like I’m being dishonest because in my heart I don’t know if it is right.”

“The commission’s vote is the latest example of how conspiracy theories and misinformation are affecting the integrity of local elections across the U.S.

The 3-mmmber Commission threw put all of Otero County's 7,000 plus voters.

Steve Thomas

Steve-

I do not know the particulars of this case, or if Otero County is run by a bunch of nuts. 

That said, in 2018, The New York Times ran cover-story articles that there was a "crisis in election security" due to hackable vote-counting machines. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/magazine/election-security-crisis-midterms.html

"the real problems were the machines used to cast and tally votes and the voter-registration databases the Russians had already shown interest in hacking. The entire system — a Rube Goldberg mix of poorly designed machinery, from websites and databases that registered and tracked voters, to electronic poll books that verified their eligibility, to the various black-box systems that recorded, tallied and reported results — was vulnerable."

OK, the Russians are the bad guys in the NYT report, and they likely were. 

But jeez, are we supposed to believe that Americans can't figure out what the Russians figured out?

Indeed, are not Americans better positioned to game results, at whatever level or tactic, than Russians? 

I readily and happily accept the 2020 election results, partly as a matter of civility, ala Gore's decision to not contest the 2000 election. Get over it. 

But the M$M full-court press that a Rube Goldberg election  system recently described by the NYT as "vulnerable" and in "crisis" and "hackable" is now entirely 100% above reproach....well, who is denying reality? 

This is an example of how the M$M works. Today, you are a conspiracy nut if you wonder if the US election system can be gamed. 

I have a half-century experience on being a conspiracy nut

Paul said: Two parts of our body politic are at odds with each other. I think these differences are being purposefully magnified, because a divided nation cannot come together and enact any meaningful change that might threaten status quo power structures and attendant financial interests. The mechanisms for this magnification are numerous, some hidden some not. 
:
Beneath all the noise there is a long standing battle of ideas, one progressive, one regressive. Human rights vs property rights, nationalism vs egalitarianism, many other dualities. This goes back thousands of years.

Purposely magnified by who Paul? You've just said yourself these "Two parts of our body politic are at odds with each other" really represent basic human value arguments that have been going on for thousands of years.  The deep state that I'm picking up from you, doesn't benefit from advancing this polarity. It wants to perpetuate the status quo, which is order. This is not orderly. The deep state does not benefit from the current strife in the U.S.
Let me give you a real example about the real myths your concept of the Deep State is in fact perpetuating. A good example is an everyday guy, like Ben, or others who are very susceptible to all the  culture warrior issues. The railing about identity politics, the Mexicans at the border, fear of foreigners, maybe blacks. These are issues that  those in power cynically use to divide the oppressed and turn them against each other.
Historically the  elites can benefit greatly and are more secure in autocratic regimes. But you're right to assert that the U.S, is hardly fertile ground for a monolithic ideological Chinese takeover. That's some off the wall premonition of the crazy right.
Multi national corporate interests  could go either way, autocratic or democratic. But similarly to the U.S. not being fertile ground for a Chinese ideological makeover.For the multi national corporate interests,  the point of least resistance  is to uphold supposedly democratic regimes giving people an illusion of control while buying the government and  controlling their governments behind the scenes. Pretty kush job. This has worked all of our lives. They would say" If it isn't broke, why fix it?  But most don't even ask the question!
If a Trump transition to autocracy could be done seamlessly,  a lot more might be in favor of it. But to them, anything's pretty much the same that can keep the order, short of, say Bernie Sanders.

Paul: Is divided government better for them than an autocratic nationalist ruler?

I'm not sure what you mean when you use the term" divided government". I assume you're not talking about legislative gridlock because  that's a no brainer. The power structure wants a legislatively divided government, or no change because again they want the status quo which again, has worked very well for them.

Ben:Today there is endless whining about "tight labor markets." 
Endless whining? Yeah, endless whining for the top 1%! Tight labor markets drive up wages. Whose side are you on?

"Please don't dominate rap Jack, if you've got nothing new to say."   J.G.
In this case I'm sure it will be a U.S. cultural reference never heard before.

Focus Ben, I'm not at all addressing that . Is there any topic you won't segue  away from to tell us your outrage about foreign trade for now the 142nd time?
heh heh

Good grief.

Well, I hope we get more details on this tmrw.

I now expect the coup investigation to be in the headlines for a while, as it seems to be revealing more and more layers as the onion is peeled. I feel it's safe to say that it's the largest conspiracy the DOJ has ever had to prosecute. A lot of work.

https://wapo.st/3QmMm8x