The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

9 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Murdoch is throwing Trump under the bus. This is going to be very entertaining.

Sorry Matt, I'm on a musical bent tonight.  And under the bus prompted me to find a live video of an old song I'd never seen before.  Maybe we need a new bus.  Thought I'd share.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

21 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Whew!That was very eloquent, Bob!

Bob: I's imperative for them to lower the understanding of their base by attacking those institutions, disqualifying them as viable sources of information and directing the sheep to contoured, tailored and limited information.

But to extend it further. There is an end goal to attacking these institutions. It's really a veiled attack by the wealthy  to little by little over time, defund the government and it's institutions, and to dismantle the safety net, and restore the size of government to only deal with what they think are the most vital functions,  which is primarily the national defense,

They've effectively carried this out very successfully over the last overt 50 years by marginalizing the middle class. The end point is to have a government roughly the comparative size it was in the 1950's or to some of the more draconian, the 1930's. They are hoping to keep their gradual diminishing of expectation for the general population , but anticipate that there will be a strong displacement at some point and favor a strong law and order plank. Their long term hope is that the stronger survive and the more dependent depart over time, and a new era of self reliance typical of the 1920's or 1950's results, and of course, they hold on to their wealth and are not burdened with excessive government taxation. 

And it's not even a conspiracy, they just think alike.

Thanks Kirk. Yeah, it's an institutionally embedded frame of thought where differing opinions are not only discounted, they aren't even allowed into the room to begin with. No cabal of cigar chomping elites have to decide on a course of action, it's patently and intuitively obvious what has to occur to bring about the desired results. Any such entities that have mutual concerns and ambitions will mature into a less and less diverse group and more dogmatic as well. Those who differ aren't even considered for inclusion.

Oddly enough it isn't necessarily wealthy people but also disaffected (real or imagined) people and groups who have to buy into this outlook.

Edited by Bob Ness

Has anyone else noticed the possible parallel between Roger Stone's Oath Keepers at the Capitol on January 6th and Roger Stone's Brooks Brothers Riot on 11/22/00 to block the Miami-Dade recount in the Bush Gore election?

I'm going to raise the hypothesis that Roger Stone used the Oath Keepers to help lead the obstruction of the J6 election certification in the same way that he deployed the Brooks Brothers rioters to block a proper recount in Miami-Dade in 2000.

Both riots were used to derail election outcomes.  Tricky tricky.

Another dirty trick by the old creepster from CREEP?

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

That is subsidies for business. 

No one can believe in domestic manufacturing more than me.

But domestic manufacturing should be supported through import restrictions, not by throwing taxpayer money at people affiliated with the major political parties. 

25 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Has anyone else noticed the possible parallel between Roger Stone's Oath Keepers at the Capitol on January 6th and Roger Stone's Brooks Brothers Riot on 11/22/00 to block the Miami-Dade recount in the Bush Gore election?

I'm going to raise the hypothesis that Roger Stone used the Oath Keepers to help lead the obstruction of the J6 election certification in the same way that he deployed the Brooks Brothers rioters to block a proper recount in Miami-Dade in 2000.

Both riots were used to derail election outcomes.  Tricky tricky.

Another dirty trick by the old creepster from CREEP?

https://www.lawfareblog.com/conspirators-proud-boys-and-oath-keepers-jan-6

This lengthy and serious review seems to exonerate Oath Keepers (who come off looking harmless, and to whom Ray Epps once belonged) and vilifies the Proud Boys.  

However, the number of Proud Boys in the crowd on 1/6 appears to be low, as in between 10 and 20, and unarmed, based on federal prosecutions. 

This Proud Boy contingent went up against the amply forewarned and armed 3,500-officer Capitol Police force, and the 2,500 armed metro DC police force. 

Seems like a mis-match to me. It is odd that the Capitol Police Commander of the Civil Disturbance Unit was home making meatloaf on 1/6 (per WaPo). 

Maybe something fishy happened on 1/6. I am skeptical of M$M narratives. 

45 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

That is subsidies for business. 

No one can believe in domestic manufacturing more than me.

But domestic manufacturing should be supported through import restrictions, not by throwing taxpayer money at people affiliated with the major political parties. 

With window closing, Sen. Joe Manchin, Senate Leader Schumer reach deal on energy, drug prices, taxes (msn.com)

1 minute ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Great phrase. I plan to steal it. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. 

I was quoting Joseph McBride, let's give credit where it's due. 

Lawrence O'Donnell had an interesting take on things tonight.

If Trump is convicted and sent to jail, it would never work, because he is entitled to round the clock Secret Service protection. That would mean condemning them to prison too.

If Trump is sentenced to home confinement with an ankle bracelet, and the lawsuits against him by the Capitol Police and Congressmen succeed, he could lose hundreds of millions of dollars and wind up penniless and have to sell his mansions.

Where would he be living? In somebody's basement?

It was an interesting take.

Steve Thomas

12 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Lawrence O'Donnell had an interesting take on things tonight.

If Trump is convicted and sent to jail, it would never work, because he is entitled to round the clock Secret Service protection. That would mean condemning them to prison too.

If Trump is sentenced to home confinement with an ankle bracelet, and the lawsuits against him by the Capitol Police and Congressmen succeed, he could lose hundreds of millions of dollars and wind up penniless and have to sell his mansions.

Where would he be living? In somebody's basement?

It was an interesting take.

Steve Thomas

A guilty verdict with home confinement and probation would be fine by me.

I just believe a trial is the least his crimes deserve.

And let the civil lawsuits begin!

Alex Jones is being sued by the Sandy Hook victim's parents.

Jones incessant national radio broadcast claims that the whole story was a hoax caused these parents immeasurable pain and suffering. He is going to pay ... a lot.

Everything Trump did and said "after" he was out of office to disparage and defame those victims of Jan.6th should justifiably be addressed in the courts.

Edited by Joe Bauer

https://www.lawfareblog.com/conspirators-proud-boys-and-oath-keepers-jan-6

This guy is pretty hardcore anti-Trump. Matt Taibbi says if you want to know what the DC establishment legal community thinks, read lawfare. 

"Though there are individuals outside the Proud Boys and Oath Keeper organizations who obviously played crucial roles in setting the stage for the violence that these groups allegedly effectuated on Jan. 6–including Alex Jones, Roger Stone and Donald Trump—the Oath Keeper and Proud Boy prosecutions do not seem likely, in themselves, to present evidence that will criminally implicate those individuals."

---30---

Here is the problem: No one has any evidence yet of any connection with the White House and the Proud Boys or Oath Keepers. 

Trump, and any other American, has the right to cite their opinions regarding vote fraud in America, and to urge protestors to peaceful demonstration (as Trump did). 

That is an icy precipice you are getting on...how about jailing people carrying "No Justice No Peace" placards? They rather explicitly advocate violence, no?  During the BLM riots? 

Well, we will see. Merrick Garland may decide a lengthy lengthy trial is what this country needs....

Acting Director of Homeland Security, Chad Wolff and Acting Deputy Director of Homeland Security, Ken Cuccinelli have announced that their texts from around the January 6th time frame have also been deleted.

Homeland Security is the one who monitors militias, domestic terrorists, the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the 3 Percenters and other hate groups.

What did they know, and when did they know it?

I predict this is going to get very big. Every bit as big as Nixon's missing 18 minutes of tape recordings.

The Head of the Secret Service, Jim Murray has also announced that he is not going to retire at the end of July after all.

If he retires, he can't control the flow of information.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

The Head of the Secret Service, Jim Murray has also announced that he is not going to retire at the end of July after all.

I say that President Biden should give his best rendition of Trump (and I would enjoy it) in this case.  YOU'RE FIRED!

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Acting Director of Homeland Security, Chad Wolff and Acting Deputy Director of Homeland Security, Ken Cuccinelli have announced that their texts from around the January 6th time frame have also been deleted.

Homeland Security is the one who monitors militias, domestic terrorists, the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, the 3 Percenters and other hate groups.

What did they know, and when did they know it?

I predict this is going to get very big. Every bit as big as Nixon's missing 18 minutes of tape recordings.

Steve Thomas

Yes, January 6th was a "Deep State" conspiracy, all right, but not the one that Ben and Tucker Carlson had in mind. 🤥