The Education Forum

Unacknowledged

And this from Eric W Davis

"

"Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007, said that, in some cases, examination of the materials had so far failed to determine their source and led him to conclude, “We couldn’t make it ourselves.”
The constraints on discussing classified programs — and the ambiguity of information cited in unclassified slides from the briefings — have put officials who have studied U.F.O.s in the position of stating their views without presenting any hard evidence.
Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

"

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When and if Steven Spielberg himself comes out publicly and says the ET presence on Earth is real, the process of world humanity acceptance will seriously begin imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

15 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

When and if Steven Spielberg himself comes out publicly and says the ET presence on Earth is real, the process of world humanity acceptance will seriously begin imo.

Perhaps...but it's Elon Musk who is putting people into space...

Astronauts Scott Cooper and Buzz Aldrin would disagree with you Karl.

28 minutes ago, Karl Hilliard said:

Are there unidentified flying objects? Certainly.

Are they aliens from another planet? Certainly not.

6 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Astronauts Scott Cooper and Buzz Aldrin would disagree with you Karl.

And, of course, so would Wernher Von Braun...

• 2 weeks later...

In response to certain astronauts and a scientist suggesting that UFOs are space craft from another planet...Did they mention what planet they were from? And why are just three guys said to avow that?

I believe that other planets in the solar system can be ruled out. Am I wrong there?

If a UFO is non-terrain ...I would suggest another alternative. However it would probably be less believable than would be  aliens from another planet.

Unacknowledged.

Let's look at the person responsible for it. Dr. Greer.

Dr. Greer believes that you (yes, YOU dear reader) can "vector in" UFOs using flashlights and he'll show ya how to do it for just $1,000 at one of his CE-5 retreats.

This alone speaks to his credibility.

He also has a funny habit, which I have seen in others: It's this espionage fetish style of self-aggrandizement and I will explain that:

Dr. Greer will tell you and anyone else who will listen how he has "briefed sitting CIA directors" or alternately he might say "debrief." Either way, that's some serious xxxx, huh? Giving a briefing to a CIA director? Well let's look at what he is actually talking about:

Dr. Greer once paid for a dinner where he got to meet James Woolsey, who was indeed a CIA director (and, I might add, he was an outsider like Stansfield Turner was and largely viewed as a neoconservative rather than an intelligence professional, but that's neither here nor there). During this dinner, Dr. Greer prattled on about UFOs. 

That, my friends, is Dr. Greer's "debriefing"

I suppose if I had worked with Lee Harvey Oswald at the book depository and I spent my lunch break annoying him with talk of UFOs, I could say I once "briefed Lee Harvey Oswald on UFOs" but that would not be the truth now would it?

Suppose that this sitting CIA director, Mr. Woolsey, had actually decided to call a civilian doctor to Langley to give him a briefing on the subject: wouldn't that set off some alarm bells? Why is the highest ranking person in intelligence getting briefings from amateurs? And what about Woolsey, is he credible? Well, Mr. Woolsey alleges that Timothy McVeigh had a secret Iraqi accomplice in the bombing of the Murrah building. You see, John Doe #2 was actually an agent of Saddam Hussein! According to Mr. Woolsey and a group of neoconservatives who managed to sell him the cock-and-bull story. He believed it. (I've looked deeply into this subject and I can assure you that no Iraqi participated in the OKC bombing). Did Mr. Woolsey also believe in the nonsense given to him from Dr. Greer during the debriefing dinner he had with Dr. Greer?

I think that Unacknowledged is a very flawed and poorly edited (it's quick-cut, shots all over the place, overly dramatic) film produced by a crackpot who claims he briefs CIA directors. 

The most interesting thing in the film is the interview with Richard C. Doty who worked for the Air Force Office of Special Investigations. Mr. Doty is an intelligence professional who spent most of his career disinforming people and carrying out counter-espionage. Doty is interesting, but not exactly for the reasons you might think. He made his bones selling bogus documents and hoaxes to the UFO community. So listening and watching him is an insight into that whole world. I recommend reading the book "Mirage Men" (and the documentary by the same name) for a good summary of Mr. Doty's UFO disinformation antics. Other details on Mr. Doty that are interesting: he also had a relationship with the CIA. He served at a site called Lima Site 20-A in Cambodia during Vietnam. This was a joint CIA-Air Force black site. Doty is also a member of the organization Association of Former Intelligence Officers, founded by David Atlee Phillips. 

Doty claims he knew Richard Helms personally and they were good friends. Helms also once said "Believe anything about UFOs that Richard Doty says."  I think this should give us all good insight into this subject: it's a wilderness of mirrors built by the CIA and steeped in hoaxes, disinformation games, and spooks. 

Another great place to read about all this would be a fantastic piece on UFOs by Seamus Coogan over at kennedysandking -- Coogan outlines the many hoaxes/disinformation games I refer to here.

--Richard

3 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

And what about Woolsey, is he credible? Well, Mr. Woolsey alleges that Timothy McVeigh had a secret Iraqi accomplice in the bombing of the Murrah building. You see, John Doe #2 was actually an agent of Saddam Hussein! According to Mr. Woolsey and a group of neoconservatives who managed to sell him the cock-and-bull story. He believed it. (I've looked deeply into this subject and I can assure you that no Iraqi participated in the OKC bombing).

As I recall, the evidence for Iraqi involvement in the OKC bombing was set forth in the book The Third Terrorist, by Jayna Davis. I never read the book but read about it, and I remember Woolsey saying on TV that Davis was a "true patriot" for writing the book. It was my impression that the evidence presented was basically ignored by the government rather than debunked by it. Since you've studied the subject, has the case made by Davis, and endorsed by a former CIA director, been debunked?

BTW, since I didn't read the book, I don't know if its focus was specifically on Iraqi involvement in the bombing or more generally on evidence of a conspiracy involving more than two rednecks, which would hardly be surprising.

3 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

As I recall, the evidence for Iraqi involvement in the OKC bombing was set forth in the book The Third Terrorist, by Jayna Davis. I never read the book but read about it, and I remember Woolsey saying on TV that Davis was a "true patriot" for writing the book. It was my impression that the evidence presented was basically ignored by the government rather than debunked by it. Since you've studied the subject, has the case made by Davis, and endorsed by a former CIA director, been debunked?

BTW, since I didn't read the book, I don't know if its focus was specifically on Iraqi involvement in the bombing or more generally on evidence of a conspiracy involving more than two rednecks, which would hardly be surprising.

I wouldn't put any faith in Woolsey as any kind of "truther."  Check his 9/11 involvement, including the "Dark Winter" anthrax exercise in summer 2001.

13 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

I read the book.

Major problems in that book. The author takes all the eyewitnesses, and gives them fake names.

However, you can figure out who each one is by context (what their job was, where they were, what they saw, etc)

I then compared what the author has the witnesses saying to the witnesses' grand jury testimony and the author has made things up.

For example, she has mechanic Mike Moroz saying that the man in the truck was Iraqi Hussaini al-Hussaini. However, in Mike Moroz' grand jury testimony he explicitly DENIES that the man was Iraqi and says he was NOT Hussaini al-Hussaini.

I noted the author did this with about a half dozen witnesses: put words in their mouth. And this explains why she renamed everyone with phony names in the book, because she's making things up they never said.

I have written a book about Oklahoma City (not published yet) and amassed thousands of FBI documents, ATF documents, trial records, and other documents on that case and I am convinced that the entire middle eastern angle is totally bogus for some of the reasons mentioned here. I am convinced there was another suspect, another man in the Ryder truck with McVeigh, but there is no evidence he was an Iraqi. I believe he was probably a white supremacist, like McVeigh, and might have been an informant which would explain why the FBI is so uneasy about admitting he exists. I do debunk the middle eastern nonsense in the book, and I present all of the eyewitnesses who saw the second man, and I use their real names and I put in the book exactly what they actually said: which was there was another man sitting in that truck. None of them identified that man as middle eastern in their initial FBI 302 reports or in their grand jury testimony. 

The book you mention was the product of a neoconservative TV journalist (Jayna Davis) whose work was largely reinforced and touted by a group of neocons including James Woolsey. When I read the book I found error, after error, after error. When I saw she had invented words for people I knew immediately it was bogus. 

Edited by Richard Booth
typo