The Education Forum

Accusation of Peter Dale Scott being limited hangout operation

On 6/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, Calvin Ye said:

A website is accusing and alleging Peter Dale Scott is a limited hangout operation

https://www.lawfulpath.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5039&sid=82580ca57ca3f468a2f55781424ba27c#p5039

I have wondered where PDS was coming from. Usually, when I read his material, I find myself going around in circles...

Like a lot of researchers who write too many books, (Rodney Stich, e.g.). Scott's work grows repetitious and his ideas attenuated.  The cranky forum guy is correct, however, in that not everything can be blamed on the CIA.  There are 17 government-military intelligence agencies, plus an expanding plethora of private and corporate intelligence entities.  So, instruments of many masters, even when they're not overtly making policy, as CIA has many times.  We need more research on these agencies, and research that isn't cut off at the Afghan war of the 1980s.  I'd prefer not to have the next generation be the sole beneficiaries of information on covert ops of the 1990s through present.

I have met Peter, and I seriously doubt he has spearheaded a limited hangout for the CIA or anyone else. He has broken important ground over the years. I’d like to see his UCB colleague Joseph McBride put this to rest. 

Joseph’s comments are always welcome. That noted, Calvin has linked to a pseudonymous post on a little known forum written by someone called ‘Firestarter’ who offers barely any detail to support the claim, and who seems largely unfamiliar with Scott’s career. So I think the assertion is already on shaky ground.

What would help would be if the person making the criticism was widely read in PDS's work and familiar with his interviews and presentations. Because the premise is wrong. He does not limit his analysis to the CIA by any means. Not by a long shot.

And he is one of the most forward thinking researchers we have ever had for some of those very reasons. He was talking about Air Force Intelligence, for instance, long before anyone was interested in them.  I have grown more convinced by his overarching analysis of deep politics over time--  not less.

Regards,

Stu

PDS is deep.  I've only read two of his books.  He makes me Think.  Go back and re read and think some more.  Wish I had time for more of his excellent work.  An honest man, dedicated to pursuit of the Truth. imho.

11 hours ago, Anthony Thorne said:

Calvin has linked to a pseudonymous post on a little known forum written by someone called ‘Firestarter’ who offers barely any detail to support the claim, and who seems largely unfamiliar with Scott’s career. So I think the assertion is already on shaky ground.

Precisely. Most, if not all, of Calvin's posts cite similarly dubious sources. One might even call it trolling...