The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

On 12/8/2021 at 10:06 PM, Bob Ness said:

Who was it that thought that the Harvey/Henry bit and some of the differences in descriptions of Oswald were "marked cards" that Angleton bled into his files to track leaks? I thought that was an interesting take. Forget who came up with that.

On 12/9/2021 at 12:39 AM, James DiEugenio said:

That was I think Scott who did that.

His theory was that the discrepancies in the file and the whole Lee Henry thing was part of a search for Popov's mole.

In the long version of JFK Revisited, Newman discusses this.

That was also developed, if memory serves, in State Secret by Bill Simpich.  My problem with the theory is that we just have to accept the amazing coincidence that the CIA cable was released at the very same time the FBI cancelled the Watch on Oswald.  Again, if memory serves, John Newman referred to this as “turning down the lights” on Oswald.  The frame-up would have been impossible without this turn of events.  New to me in JFK Revisited is that the patsy-to-be would have been removed from the parade route had the federal lights not been turned down.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jim Hargrove said:

That was also developed, if memory serves, in State Secret by Bill Simpich.  My problem with the theory is that we just have to accept the amazing coincidence that the CIA cable was released at the very same time the FBI cancelled the Watch on Oswald

Jim,

Good to see you posting again. (If you never did stop posting, I mustn't have been following those threads.)

My question for you is, what did you mean by "at the very same time?" Same day? Same month?" "Within a few months' time?"

LOL, yep.

Oliver will have his biggest domestic audience next week, I think on the 16th with Joe Rogan.

This guy gets well into the millions.  And Joe has no patience for the Warren Report. 

Should be good.

More to come.

10 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Hi, Sandy,

The posting of the FBI flash cancellation on Oswald was dated 10/10/63, and the CIA cable was dated the very same day, 10/10/63.  The dates are on the documents I posted a couple of pages back.  Quite a coincidence, eh?

And so the order came from on high and almost certainly Gheesling in the FBI and Roman, Karamessines, Hood and Whitten all are pointing at someone higher in the food chain who could direct two traditionally opposed, powerful and large federal agencies to okey-dokey that gag.

Neither Hoover, or Angleton were stupid enough to leave fingerprints on taking the lights down nor could they direct the other's agency to either. McCone could be stupid enough but wouldn't be able to direct Hoover or Angleton. To me the scenario suggests somebody pulling string above them or outside the government.

Are you insinuating Allen Dulles?

But on the other hand, did the Commission ever explore how odd this was?

17 hours ago, Jim Hargrove said:

Hi, Sandy,

The posting of the FBI flash cancellation on Oswald was dated 10/10/63, and the CIA cable was dated the very same day, 10/10/63.  The dates are on the documents I posted a couple of pages back.  Quite a coincidence, eh?

Oops, my mistake.  According to the FBI "WANTED NOTICE CARD" I posted on page 17 of this thread, the "information [was] received" on 10/9/63 that the flash had been cancelled, one day before the infamous CIA cable was dated.  Still a remarkable coincidence.  

The Commission surely should have questioned Gheesling but, of course, they didn't want to know why the watch was cancelled.  My guess is that Dulles was the top dog behind the whole plot.

Thanks gentlemen.

I guess I did not get discounted as writers so often do.

I actually got listed second in the end credits.

In all seriousness, Jim, what you and Oliver have done is changed how future generations will perceive this event forever.  I don’t have a lot of faith in our current govt and MSM changing their tune on JFKA anytime soon, but future historians will. The evidence presented so compellingly in JFK Revisited simply can’t be ignored.

Edited by Michaleen Kilroy

When people have a problem believing how far a supposedly democratic govt is willing to go in covering up their misdeeds with media accomplices, I have to laugh.

I watched how Britain handled all the crap it pulled during The Troubles with many egregious cases still unresolved because of govt stonewalling.

There’s a damn good documentary on this one for instance:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReMastered:_The_Miami_Showband_Massacre

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Are you insinuating Allen Dulles?

But on the other hand, did the Commission ever explore how odd this was?

He's only one of the possibilities. He didn't have any authority. I don't think he and Hoover were very chummy. It would be interesting to see who could have authority or at least leverage over the individuals who could call and request the stand down. It's a limited roster of people.

JFK gave the Chairman of JCS to Max Taylor and jumped right over that clarion of peace, love and good tidings "Curtains Lemay". Anyone capable of incinerating millions of innocent civilians while sleeping soundly could do anything and although he didn't specifically have the authority he certainly had the juice among the right wingers. I'm not knowledgable about the relationships between Hoover, Angleton, McCone, Dulles etc and Lemay.

If you tried to back your way into the answer it would start at Gheesling at the FBI and his direct superior maybe?

Roman/Karamessines etc. goes to Win Scott and then J.C. King I believe. King could provide insulation to McCone but it's not likely McCone would have been in on it IMO. Then you have Phillips circling around somehwere.

It would be interesting to see if Armstrong has ever looked at this. He'd be the guy who could fill in the blanks or at least get a really good start.

I guess the point is if somebody lifted the warnings on Oswald they could have done it for either LHO pulling the trigger or for him being set up to take the fall. Maybe both, it works and is necessary all the way around.

Edited by Bob Ness