The Education Forum

JFK Revisited: Through The Looking Glass

9 hours ago, Larry Hancock said:

I pretty much wish Ron had not posted that, its about the saddest thing I've heard in some time - why someone would be compelled to insert a  "f you" phrase into a Santa hotline call involving their child is a pitiful and embarrassing commentary.

Sorry Larry.  I fully agree it is a sad and embarrassing commentary on the society we live in today.  It also ticks me off.  I guess that's part of the intention, to P O those who disagree with those using the phrases.  Either of them.  That this is acceptable to even a small portion of the population is disgusting and disturbing.  It makes me think of those who do this as uncouth and worse.  Seeing f j b on yard signs, t 2024 - f your feelings on flags.  I believe in free speech but do these people have no dignity or honor? 

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extremely well said Ron, better than I could have expressed it.  Its also embarrassingly childish - disagreements are one thing, differing opinions, fine....but this is just meaningless name calling, intended only to provoke an equally meaningless emotional response, its just "taunting".   No dignity or honor involved at all.  And to do it on a Christmas call on the Santa line, wow, hard to imagine anything lower.  Thankfully this season proves that most people are much better than that...

37 minutes ago, Larry Hancock said:

Extremely well said Ron, better than I could have expressed it.  Its also embarrassingly childish - disagreements are one thing, differing opinions, fine....but this is just meaningless name calling, intended only to provoke an equally meaningless emotional response, its just "taunting".   No dignity or honor involved at all.  And to do it on a Christmas call on the Santa line, wow, hard to imagine anything lower.  Thankfully this season proves that most people are much better than that...

Merry Christmas Larry.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:52 PM, Ron Bulman said:

Sorry Larry.  I fully agree it is a sad and embarrassing commentary on the society we live in today.  It also ticks me off.  I guess that's part of the intention, to P O those who disagree with those using the phrases.  Either of them.  That this is acceptable to even a small portion of the population is disgusting and disturbing.  It makes me think of those who do this as uncouth and worse.  Seeing f j b on yard signs, t 2024 - f your feelings on flags.  I believe in free speech but do these people have no dignity or honor? 

They guy's an ex-cop, too, as I understand it. Imagine what he would have done had he pulled someone over and the suspect exercised his first amendment rights by calling him an f'ing pig?

Jeff Morley's article is out in Counter Punch.

So a month and a half after its release, its still in the news.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/12/31/jfk-revisited-oliver-stone-and-the-new-jfk-fact-pattern/

Just watched all 4 parts undisturbed back to back on UK Sky-excellent.

I guess Rupert Murdoch not that bad after all……

Just now, Sean Coleman said:

Just watched all 4 parts undisturbed back to back on UK Sky-excellent.

I guess Rupert Murdoch not that bad after all……

Oops wrong thread

That was kind of surprising that Murdoch would have it on his network.

But maybe, in an insidious way, its not.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Jeff Morley's article is out in Counter Punch.

So a month and a half after its release, its still in the news.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/12/31/jfk-revisited-oliver-stone-and-the-new-jfk-fact-pattern/

Man, Jeff is so good.  I think this may be the best thing I've read about Revisited or the story about it. 

And the thing is, with Counter Punch, their web site gets literally millions of hits per month.

So, unlike with the Washington Post,  they will finally read a fair assessment of the 2 hour version of the  film.

Edited by James DiEugenio

And let us not forget, Joe Rogan is coming up this week. 

Counter Punch and Rogan in one week?  Not bad.

What a way to bring in the New Year eh?

Edited by James DiEugenio

Those two should get word of the Truth out to a huge new audience.  Congratulations to you, Oliver and all concerned again.  With thanks as well.  Film of the year, documentary or otherwise.  Think I'll watch it again for New Year's Eve!