The Education Forum

Seymour Weitzman saw a different scope too

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James D., if Weitzman found the Mauser, then who found the Carcano? Where was the Mauser found? At what time? Who reported 2 rifles found on the 6th floor? Where are the photos of the Mauser that Craig said the police took? Who took the Mauser out of the building and where did he go with it? And when? I’m guess you have no idea.

Edited by Denis Morissette

Joe, what’s your issue with Caster’s Mauser? Was he part of the conspiracy too? Did the conspirators steal Caster’s Mauser from his home? For what reason? And where are the photos of the Mauser that Craig claim the police took? You really have nothing that it hurts. Don’t let yourself influenced by people who are making money out of the assassination. Use your own brain.

8 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

Anyone see any differences between the scopes?

images.jpeg.jpg

The forward end of the scope in Denis' photo is a constant diameter to the end, like an el-cheapo 4-power .22 rifle scope. 

The scope in your photo has a bell-shaped forward end, like a more expensive and better-made scope.

That difference jumped out at me. 

2 hours ago, Paul Bacon said:

Yes, it's quite clear those two photos show two different scopes.

Which suggests what?

Joe,

It suggests a strong possibility either two rifles were recovered in the TSBD, or one rifle recovered on the scene was swapped out for another similar rifle when put on display by  Lt. Day back at DPD head quarters. 

Would the theory above explain why the record showed differences in what initial officers saw as the recovered rifle and what ended up as the rifle entered into evidence?

A.J

More about the ordnance optics japanese scope that Weitzmann did not see ...

At (1h7min26 sec) of this video researcher Mark Groubert (in short) said:

start of summary

-- The WC claimed, the (ordnance) scope came in the Kleins-package with the Carcano 
-- In order to find out where Klein's got it they found out from " firm" in Hollywood "that doesn't exist" ... they find a guy who has an optician store who said "Yes I improt them and I sell them to Klein sporting goods and he (Oswald) probably got it(the scope) with the package with the rifle (...) in the process to find out where the scope came from in Hoillywood, the WC was contacted  by an LA lieutnent from the robbery division who said "I know where it came from" leading the commission to that guy with the optician store. His name was Manuel Pena. This was in 1963/64. 

end of summary

Now who is Manuel Pena? 
A man who in June 1968 was promoted to one of the chief investigators in the RFK murder case.

quote:

from this site

Lieutenant Manuel Pena, who was in control of all “day watch officers” in the Special Unit Senator investigation, and responsible for signing off on every witness interview transcript (many without the name of the interviewing officer), had been in military intelligence in Korea. In November 1967, Pena resigned from the LAPD to work for the Agency for International Development (AID).
Charles A. O’Brien, California’s Chief Deputy Attorney General, told author William Turner that AID was being used as an “ultra-secret CIA unit” that was known to insiders as the “Department of Dirty Tricks” and that it was involved in teaching foreign intelligence agents the techniques of assassination.

FBI agent Roger LaJeunesse claimed that Pena had been carrying out CIA special assignments for at least ten years. This was confirmed by Pena’s brother, a high school teacher, who told television journalist, Stan Bohrman, that he was proud of his brother’s CIA activities.

In April 1968 Pena surprisingly resigned from AID and returned to the LAPD.

Chief of Detectives Robert Houghton asked Chief of Homicide Detectives Hugh Brown to take charge of the investigation into the death of Robert Kennedy, code-named Special Unit Senator (SUS) but he specifically designated Lt. Manny Pena to control the daily flow and direction of the investigation.
close quote

Here we have a (CIA) guy involved in the cover up of the JFKA and RFKA. 

MANUEL PENA 

2007 Education forum thread about Manuel Pena

Manuel Pena.png

Edited by Karl Kinaski

As to a second rifle, recall ATF agent Frank Ellsworth’s comments about a rifle being found on the 4th or 5th floor. In addition, I’ve seen a brief video clip of someone holding a rifle near some boxes and that might be the second rifle. This was not near a window, rather a view toward the inside of the building. It’s been years and I have no idea who shot that video.

3 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

As to a second rifle, recall ATF agent Frank Ellsworth’s comments about a rifle being found on the 4th or 5th floor. In addition, I’ve seen a brief video clip of someone holding a rifle near some boxes and that might be the second rifle. This was not near a window, rather a view toward the inside of the building. It’s been years and I have no idea who shot that video.

Ellsworth was probably confused. He’s the only one saying that. The gun filmed: It’s probably one of the officers walking with a shotgun as seen in the Alyea film. 

images.jpeg.jpg

I'm afraid that we have all been fooled.

We can see in the photo above that both the fore and rear ends of the scope have a component larger in diameter than the middle piece.

EDAA323D-5362-44C9-9BAC-BF1E871DC125.jpeg

Whereas in this photo it appears that only the rear end has a large piece.

That's what some of us think. But I now think that we are all wrong. I believe we were fooled by an optical illusion.

I'll explain.

The difference in how the two end pieces look in the second photo is that only the rear piece is knurled... so that it can be easily rotated to adjust it. The knurling makes if reflect light across its full diameter. This is in contrast to the remainder of the scope, where the reflection is a straight thin line. There is no knurling on the fore piece, and therefore no light reflection there.

Now look closely at the second photo and you will see that the two ends of the scope are dark black (not counting the reflection), the same color as the background. And in fact the only things we see are the reflections of light... we don't see the black areas of the scope.

If you are not convinced, cover up just the knurled part of the of the scope in the second photo. Upon doing so you will see that the scope looks like a cheap narrow pipe that wouldn't even do as a scope for a cheap 22 gauge rifle.