The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

Someone said recently they were inside Liftons storage unit while Lifton was alive. I think it was Max Good who took footage of it for his Ruth Paine documentary but that footage never made the final cut. 

Maybe Max Good could tell us where it is? Assuming it hasn't already been emptied and it's contents dumped.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I incorrect, or did Lifton say here in an email to Fred Litwin that I was "one of the really good researchers"?

https://www.onthetrailofdelusion.com/post/david-lifton-1939-2022-r-i-p

Remember what Garrison told me (which is quoted on the London Forum by one of the really good researchers): “After the fact there is no truth; only what the jury decides.” IMHO: that’s a good summary of JG’s “modus operandi” —the key to how he thinks. Its the mentality of very simple minded thinking, and of a demagogue.

Micah likes to quote that about Garrison.

Its from Lifton about Garrison, number 1.

Number 2, logically, how does it apply to JG?

Everyone knows what happened at the Shaw trial.  Reams have been written about it. And its only due to the declassification process that we know that the jury verdict was based upon a record that was, to put it mildly, rather incomplete.

And this is what Garrison actually argued in his book. Except his book, did not have the bombshell stuff that the ARRB disclosed about Shaw. Which if it had been introduced during Shaw's cross examination, would have had a large impact in destroying his credibility.  Remember, Shaw would not even tell his lawyers about his work for the CIA. It really surprised them that he could be that secretive with his own counsel.

So what happened is that Garrison ended up arguing pretty much the opposite of what Micah's saying states above.

Lifton did some valuable--if rabidly controversial-- work on the JFK case. And I wrote a kind obituary for him.  (As far as I can see, its the only formal one about him, although I hope I am wrong about that.)  And I really hope his book gets recovered and published.

But as far as Jim Garrison goes, Lifton was simply wrong.  And it started BEFORE Garrison's investigation was disclosed.  With his rather unsuspecting association with Kerry Thornley, who somehow, LIfton was so blind about that he not see that Kerry was framing Oswald for the Commission.  Which  is all too obvious now. 

But Garrison understood it way back then.  And Lifton wrongfully pilloried him for it.

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/kerry-thornley-a-new-look-part-1

Edited by James DiEugenio

• 3 months later...

What about any updates from Kossor or this Blackwell guy, who i never head of before.

I am really surprised if the laptop cannot be salvaged. 

As Mr. Butler had said, you can do that.  

Does anyone know anything about this at all?  

14 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

What about any updates from Kossor or this Blackwell guy, who i never head of before.

Alan Kent was in communication with Litton so I believe he might be willing to answer some of these questions. No doubt you have his PM.

I have not corresponded with David's family or anyone connected to David's estate since about January but I understand that his will was successfully processed and the estate has preserved his storage facilities and all of his personal property.

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Could there be one or more draft manuscripts in the possession of the publishing companies that originally wanted to publish Final Charade in 2000 (HarperCollins I think) and again in 2007 (William Morrow & Co I think)? I know Lifton had a lot of new material after that time, but such an old private manuscript could be an invaluable source of old stories. Who knows, a manuscript could be in somebody's storage and they might not know it.

I know in 2018 Lifton came out on the Night Fright show with the "three unknown witnesses" who saw Jackie try to get out of the limo further down the freeway 1-2 minutes after it left Dealey Plaza. So that was partially the basis for his idea of Plan A being body alteration in a Dallas ambulance - Jackie's apparently insisting against an ambulance and insisting on getting to a hospital instead. That, and he claimed that there are anomalies with how ambulances in the area were behaving at the time.

Do we even know the names of those three witnesses now???

Edited by Micah Mileto

On 5/22/2023 at 1:30 AM, Gerry Down said:

Someone said recently they were inside Liftons storage unit while Lifton was alive. I think it was Max Good who took footage of it for his Ruth Paine documentary but that footage never made the final cut. 

Maybe Max Good could tell us where it is? Assuming it hasn't already been emptied and it's contents dumped.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/deleted-scene-68422882

14 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

And what was the name of the pilot in Air Force 2 who Lifton said saw a forklift mess with Kennedy's coffin on the starboard side of Air Force 1?

You probably done this,but I tried a voice command Google assistant search and came up with a Joseph Albert Walker.

I hope it helps.Don't hold me down to this info,it's not mine.

Edited by Michael Crane

15 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

I know in 2018 Lifton came out on the Night Fright show with the "three unknown witnesses" who saw Jackie try to get out of the limo further down the freeway 1-2 minutes after it left Dealey Plaza. So that was partially the basis for his idea of Plan A being body alteration in a Dallas ambulance - Jackie's apparently insisting against an ambulance and insisting on getting to a hospital instead. That, and he claimed that there are anomalies with how ambulances in the area were behaving at the time.

Do we even know the names of those three witnesses now???

Rumor has it that leading up to the assassination that ambulances were called multiple times and timed on how long it took them to get there.More than likely for diversion tactics the day of the assassination IMO.

Edited by Michael Crane

On 9/1/2023 at 12:37 AM, James DiEugenio said:

I recently had my laptop--a top of the line Apple product--make a short sizzling sound and go black. My wife--a tekkie--is convinced my hard-drive died and that it's toast. Fortunately, I had a back-up drive from a few months back. So I only lost the last few months of downloads and documents. But if I hadn't had that back-up drive, and much of my stuff online or on the cloud, it would have been gone forever. It happens. 

11 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

I recently had my laptop--a top of the line Apple product--make a short sizzling sound and go black. My wife--a tekkie--is convinced my hard-drive died and that it's toast. Fortunately, I had a back-up drive from a few months back. So I only lost the last few months of downloads and documents. But if I hadn't had that back-up drive, and much of my stuff online or on the cloud, it would have been gone forever. It happens. 

As much as Google sucks, it might be worth the $1000 for three years of 2 TB storage on Google Drive - after all, Google isn't going to go out of business. You just might want to use zip files or even encrypted zip files, because Google has the right to read and scan everything you put on Drive. They actually won't let you share a private link to many movies. Is there a more reliable way?

Edited by Micah Mileto