The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

13 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

De Vosjoli would make an interesting thread too. I’m still trying to wrap my head around his life.

You got that right partner.

Weisberg did a really magnificent job on this  one for Garrison.   But we will have to wait to see what Steve Jaffe says in his upcoming book.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

You got that right partner.

Weisberg did a really magnificent job on this  one for Garrison.   But we will have to wait to see what Steve Jaffe says in his upcoming book.

Steve Jaffe - I recall him posting here about this, but couldn’t remember his name. Sure is taking a long time. He was one of Garrison’s investigators, sent to France to find out what they knew, liaised with a French Intel operative. Been waiting too long for this. 

10 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Where can I find your Limo research info? I'd be interested in that! maybe I've missed something here... haha!

\

In my sig...

14 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Would that make you a first generation researcher?

I am, but with a delayed entry into the community...

I never believed the WCR.  

Edited by Pamela Brown

27 minutes ago, Pamela Brown said:

I am, but with a delayed entry into the community...

I never believed the WCR.  

That's a long time to be examining the case.

Not many first generation researchers left i'd imagine. Tink Thompson, Gary Shaw and Douglas Caddy come to mind. And we lost one this week, David Lifton. 

34 minutes ago, Gerry Down said:

That's a long time to be examining the case.

Not many first generation researchers left i'd imagine. Tink Thompson, Gary Shaw and Douglas Caddy come to mind. And we lost one this week, David Lifton. 

I watched the ongoing coverup develop and attempt to destroy the CT's.  The CTs were also labeled Communists, etc.  I didn't think I was tough enough for that. But I held out hope until the Garrison investigation collapsed. I couldn't see how the truth would ever come out.

Fortunately, the others kept on going...until I caught up...within my narrow niche, anyhow...

I wrote to NARA and asked them to send me everything they had on the limo. Back then, you could do that.  They sent me the Ferguson Memo by mistake, and when I started my website in 1997 I found that it had turned everything about the limo upside down.

There has been a lot of flak ever since.

Edited by Pamela Brown

David Lifton's obituary was written by his sister, Judy, and was published in the NY Times today: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nytimes/name/david-lifton-obituary?id=38395843

• Steven Kossor changed the title to David Lifton died on 12/5/2022
19 minutes ago, Steven Kossor said:

David Lifton's obituary was written by his sister, Judy, and was published in the NY Times today: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nytimes/name/david-lifton-obituary?id=38395843

Let us know if there is a place to send a card, or flowers, or a donation to a favorite charity. 

Joe Backes

• Steven Kossor changed the title to David Lifton died on 12/6/2022
1 hour ago, Steven Kossor said:

Should be worthy of a press release? Obits can be very expensive, but editors will publish a press release as a news item for newsworthy people. Just checking if that was tried. Somebody around here has a publicist we could ask... They have the appropriate email addys.

I'm very sorry for the loss.

Edited by Bob Ness

There are many people on the Education Forum who knew David for a longer period of time, studied his historical work products more expertly than I did, and who would be better qualified to write a press release about his passing than I am.  He was my friend, certainly, and a mentor too, and I will miss him for his insights, thoughtfulness and insistence on exploring the JFKA with a scholarly appreciation for the value of corroboration whenever possible (which contributed significantly to the delay in his publication of Final Charade).  We shared reverence for the bedrock principles of physics and, especially in the last five years of his life, the value of "critical incident debriefing" techniques (especially examining thin "time slices" of evidence in chronological order to identify missing sections and events that must have happened in them in order for subsequent sections to be coherent) for the understanding of events from a forensic perspective.  I look forward to collecting pieces of information that David shared with others in the interest of compiling the best possible version of Final Charade as a memorial to him.  Anyone interested in contributing material toward this effort is invited to submit content to me through private messaging here via my profile.  All contributions will be appropriately annotated, of course.

David's sister has acknowledged the place that the Education Forum held in David's heart and approved the making of donations to the Education Forum in David's memory.  There may be other worthy recipients of donations in David's memory, but I have donated to the Education Forum myself and encourage other members to support the continuation of its work indefinitely.