The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

Dr. Ronald Jones, Paul Peters, and Marion Jenkins as being personally involved in the cover-up? Strange. Too bad Lifton couldn't be around to see whether Jones would have a deathbed confession.

I think maybe we should start a separate thread in which we can discuss some of Lifton's latter-day claims. I haven't watched the videos, but I've been told that within them he floats some of the theories to which he'd sworn me to silence. I think perhaps he knew that if he published these theories or presented them on the forum, I would have been among those expressing great doubt about them. It's a bit perplexing. 

1 minute ago, Pat Speer said:

I think maybe we should start a separate thread in which we can discuss some of Lifton's latter-day claims. I haven't watched the videos, but I've been told that within them he floats some of the theories to which he'd sworn me to silence. I think perhaps he knew that if he published these theories or presented them on the forum, I would have been among those expressing great doubt about them. It's a bit perplexing. 

Farewell America being written by Arthur Schlesinger jr would make an interesting thread. 

1 minute ago, Pat Speer said:

I have to be honest- while I have tremendous respect for David Lifton and Best Evidence, a fair amount of these ideas and notions on the above video (series) are-I will be kind-not believable. Perhaps David lost the plot a little by being obsessed with the case and not having a personal life (the same can be said for Harry Livingstone). When one doesn't have a family and just lives and breathes this case 24/7 for decades, I believe you start to see conspiracies in your soup and things become less grounded. The notion that some of the Parkland doctors were involved is just...well, I won't say.

Again- tremendous loss that David passed away; Best Evidence is legendary; I am hoping his second book sees the light of day...but these later-day ideas he was espousing are bizarre. There- I said it.

7 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I have to be honest- while I have tremendous respect for David Lifton and Best Evidence, a fair amount of these ideas and notions on the above video (series) are-I will be kind-not believable. Perhaps David lost the plot a little by being obsessed with the case and not having a personal life (the same can be said for Harry Livingstone). When one doesn't have a family and just lives and breathes this case 24/7 for decades, I believe you start to see conspiracies in your soup and things become less grounded. The notion that some of the Parkland doctors were involved is just...well, I won't say.

Again- tremendous loss that David passed away; Best Evidence is legendary; I am hoping his second book sees the light of day...but these later-day ideas he was espousing are bizarre. There- I said it.

David floated the idea that a Parkland staffer could have been brought into a part of a body alteration plot by giving them an excuse along the lines of "we have to pretend he's alive to wait for a priest" or "we have to wait for nuns", or I've wondered if somebody could have claimed a sort of "Presidential do-not-resuscitate order", which one could say needed to be covered up to hide the "suicidal" implications, or to hide the President's health problems. But that could only be used to explain a fraction of this supposed plot.

58 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Farewell America being written by Arthur Schlesinger jr would make an interesting thread. 

Matt, does he really say that?

His comparison of writing styles as probative evidence is about as convincing as him saying Milicent Cranor wrote my article about Dylan's song.

I mean, the book was translated.

The best investigation--and it was a real investigation-- of the authorship of Farewell America was by Harold Weisberg working with Jim Garrison. They concluded it was written by Phillippe  de Vosjoli. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

His comparison of writing styles as probative evidence is about as convincing as him saying Milicent Cranor wrote my article about Dylan's song.

I mean, the book was translated.

The best investigation--and it was a real investigation-- of the authorship of Farewell America was by Harold Weisberg working with Jim Garrison. They concluded it was written by Phillippe  de Vosjoli. 

De Vosjoli would make an interesting thread too. I’m still trying to wrap my head around his life.

I had given up researching the JFK assassination after the Garrison fiasco. I figured we would never get to the truth -- the ongoing coverup was so threatening.  In fact, I was in NOLA when the Garrison investigation broke in the press. By the time I returned to NYC, David Ferrie was dead.  That was the last straw for me.

But in November 1988,  a friend said to me "You have to read this book." And so I bought Best Evidence and found that I could not put it down.  Throughout Thanksgiving weekend that year, I read that book.  And it brought me back into the fray. It's not over yet, I said.  It was at that point I decided to find a niche for myself, which became the limo research.

David Lifton has always been that person to me.  I can never thank him enough...I am so saddened at his passing and hope his new book finds the light of day soon...

Edited by Pamela Brown

1 hour ago, Pamela Brown said:

I had given up researching the JFK assassination after the Garrison fiasco. I figured we would never get to the truth -- the ongoing coverup was so threatening.  In fact, I was in NOLA when the Garrison investigation broke in the press. By the time I returned to NYC, David Ferrie was dead.  That was the last straw for me.

Would that make you a first generation researcher?

5 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

But in November 1988,  a friend said to me "You have to read this book." And so I bought Best Evidence and found that I could not put it down.  Throughout Thanksgiving weekend that year, I read that book.  And it brought me back into the fray. It's not over yet, I said.  It was at that point I decided to find a niche for myself, which became the limo research.

David Lifton has always been that person to me.  I can never thank him enough...I am so saddened at his passing and hope his new book finds the light of day soon...

Where can I find your Limo research info? I'd be interested in that! maybe I've missed something here... haha!

\