The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

Steven, I am glad you and David's family will be

working to put out what remains of FINAL CHARADE.

I was concerned to read a recent post claiming he

had lost the ms. in his computer. I hope he had

a backup file or paper manuscripts, as most authors do. Could you please

update us on the status of FINAL CHARADE? As

you know, we all have been eagerly awaiting

it for years, so it will be good if it is finally out

in whatever incomplete state. Perhaps it can

go the self-publishing route via a fullfillment

house and sales through Amazon, an option that is quite

viable these days, as I have found with my

two books on the assassination.

Edited by Joseph McBride

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve:

Will there be a longer obituary by say someone like Horne or Matt D?

If not, then I may write one for K and K.

I haven't had any correspondence with Doug Horne in several years but he would certainly be able to write something to commemorate the role that David played in his understanding of the JFKA.  Jim, it would be wonderful if you wrote something on K and K to acknowledge David's contributions to the search for truth in the JFKA.  David had many positive things to say about your scope of knowledge about JFK and the politics & economics of his time.

Ok, I think I can take a try at that.

David's sister, Judy, asked me to post this statement to the members of the Education Forum who marked David's passing with their appreciation for his work:  “ I have been reading the tributes to my brother David Lifton. It makes me happy to know David had such warm and supportive friends.”

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Any discussion of Lifton's chapter Pig on a Leash should come with an asterisk pointing out that Lifton would later claim he'd never been paid for his contribution to The Great Zapruder Film Hoax, and that its editor James Fetzer insinuated on this forum that Lifton was greedy for wanting to get paid for his substantial contribution. 

P.S. In thinking back on my relationship with Lifton, I think this is when we became friendly. While I disagreed with David's conclusions re body alteration and Zapruder film fabrication, I defended him against those who attacked him personally, including some, like Fetzer, who'd previously been his supporters. So, I suppose, in short, we agreed to disagree without being disagreeable. 

4 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Any discussion of Lifton's chapter Pig on a Leash should come with an asterisk pointing out that Lifton would later claim he'd never been paid for his contribution to The Great Zapruder Film Hoax, and that its editor James Fetzer insinuated on this forum that Lifton was greedy for wanting to get paid for his substantial contribution. 

P.S. In thinking back on my relationship with Lifton, I think this is when we became friendly. While I disagreed with David's conclusions re body alteration and Zapruder film fabrication, I defended him against those who attacked him personally, including some, like Fetzer, who'd previously been his supporters. So, I suppose, in short, we agreed to disagree without being disagreeable. 

bs.... I'm amazed David had so many friends here, even he'd be surprised...He told me, for a fact, that he "took the assassination case temperature every single day through his contacts via the web, social media or letter or phone... he knew more about the post facts of this case than anyone alive today, bar none! 

And, no one that contributed to Zapruder Film HOAX was "paid" unless you define pay as flights in and out, some food and lodging and some very entertaining company... Of course DavidL, DavidG and DavidM wished to get some renumeration, every contributor did but, we didn't get a check, only expenses paid...  (If ya dug, you'd probably find out DSL negotiated with JFetzer regarding his seminar participation especially after he found out I was videotaping the entire symposium in 2003)... and the same goes for Jack White and John Costella... And Jim Fetzer picked up the tab for it all... and it was his publisher to boot... JFetzer knew, KNEW how to get it done, AND published.

I know, I was there, a Contributor to Zapruder Film HOAX...

As for David's latest on YouTube, which has been presented here of late: Absolutely nothing new out of all those video pieces strung together. Except it was Lifton who did the compilations. Years ago Jack White flushed most of the very same film/photo topics out 10-15 years ago... I was there, as film/photo moderator at DellaRosa's JFK Assassination Research where most of it appeared on the web for the first time...

The topic of LHO cooled, David Lifton, I believe, knew that. And was searching for more Nov 22nd fertile ground -- and what place better than the phot/film record, a topic he was very familiar with and could get a decent hearing anywhere. So test the waters?

Any further comments regarding David Lifton's cred's on this subject matter should come from a very astute and knowledgable guy named Doug Horne. He knew Lifton the writer/researcher/author better than most anyone. Even Jim Fetzer could add to this topic. --

David S. Lifton was an author-detective with fangs and a keyboard, Not to mention an all round asshole when things didn't go his way -- and faithful to the JFKA case right up to his death (although that might of changed when Charade was getting becoming iffy of late)...

If NOT natural causes that took him perhaps his own hand? Maybe a case of no more funding for books re JFK assassination topics? In the final analysis, it was really all he knew -- MHO of course.... 

RIP in Peace, Brother you always knew how to put on a great show! 

--Healy  12-18-2022

Edited by David G. Healy

22 minutes ago, David G. Healy said:

bs.... I'm amazed David had so many friends here, even he'd be surprised...He told me, for a fact, that he "took the assassination case temperature every single day through his contacts via the web, social media or letter or phone... he knew more about the post facts of this case than anyone alive today, bar none! 

And, no one that contributed to Zapruder Film HOAX was "paid" unless you define pay as flights in and out, some food and lodging and some very entertaining company... Of course DavidL, DavidG and DavidM wished to get some renumeration, every contributor did but, we didn't get a check, only expenses paid...  (If ya dug, you'd probably find out DSL negotiated with JFetzer regarding his seminar participation especially after he found out I was videotaping the entire symposium in 2003)... and the same goes for Jack White and John Costella... And Jim Fetzer picked up the tab for it all... and it was his publisher to boot... JFetzer knew, KNEW how to get it done, AND published.

I know, I was there, a Contributor to Zapruder Film HOAX...

As for David's latest on YouTube, which has been presented here of late: Absolutely nothing new out of all those video pieces strung together. Except it was Lifton who did the compilations. Years ago Jack White flushed most of the very same film/photo topics out 10-15 years ago... I was there, as film/photo moderator at DellaRosa's JFK Assassination Research where most of it appeared on the web for the first time...

The topic of LHO cooled, David Lifton, I believe, knew that. And was searching for more Nov 22nd fertile ground -- and what place better than the phot/film record, a topic he was very familiar with and could get a decent hearing anywhere. So test the waters?

Any further comments regarding David Lifton's cred's on this subject matter should come from a very astute and knowledgable guy named Doug Horne. He knew Lifton the writer/researcher/author better than most anyone. Even Jim Fetzer could add to this topic. --

David S. Lifton was an author-detective with fangs and a keyboard, Not to mention an all round asshole when things didn't go his way -- and faithful to the JFKA case right up to his death (although that might of changed when Charade was getting becoming iffy of late)...

If NOT natural causes that took him perhaps his own hand? Maybe a case of no more funding for books re JFK assassination topics? In the final analysis, it was really all he knew -- MHO of course.... 

RIP in Peace, Brother you always knew how to put on a great show! 

--Healy  12-18-2022

Aha! I pulled you back! No, seriously, you may have missed it but there was a big brouhaha on this forum at one point between Lifton and Fetzer. Lifton said he'd been promised royalties on the book, seeing as he was a best-selling author and made the greatest contribution, and Fetzer responded by claiming his publisher refused to give him an accounting of the sales, and that, besides, he'd paid for Lifton's flight to and stay at a seminar, and was never repaid. It then got really ugly, as I recall, with Fetzer making some comments about Lifton's trying to skip out of paying the money after he, Fetzer, had started writing about a possible Jewish conspiracy behind 9/11. This put the moderators in a difficult spot. It was around this time that Fetzer started similar feuds with Jack White (over Fetzer's buddying up to Judyth) and John Costello (over Fetzer's promoting of Horne). I believe he was even still pushing Ralph Cinque's stuff. So his credibility was pretty much zero at the time.

In any event, I sided with Lifton on this feud, and I think that's when he started emailing me on occasion and calling me on occasion. That's what I remember. I could be wrong. 

On 12/15/2022 at 8:12 AM, Steven Kossor said:

David Lifton's obituary was written by his sister, Judy, and was published in the NY Times today: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nytimes/name/david-lifton-obituary?id=38395843

A little shocked at such a simple 44 word obit for David. He had many accomplishments and I feel he deserved better in he NYT.

I am hopeful too that a more thorough obituary will develop for David with contributions from all of the people who were influenced so significantly by his work.  The NY Times obituary has a growing list of brief memorial contributions now.

In the last few years when David Lifton has appeared on various podcasts, he was often joined by a friend Bill Blackwell, who was described as an attorney who met Lifton several years ago in Southern California. He seemed to be well versed on David's theories, his latest research, etc. Perhaps he will have some information on the status of the estate materials. I believe he now lives near So. Lake Tahoe.

1 hour ago, Steven Kossor said:

I am hopeful too that a more thorough obituary will develop for David

As I said before a press release would be the best thing. I think he's newsworthy enough. The papers charge for obits and can be really expensive, but a press release is done as a news story.

Possibly @Chris Barnard could help out? I don't have the contact lists anymore - I worked at a PR firm for a few years doing in-house Avid editing and field production. That's what they would have done for a client.

Edited by Bob Ness

I wrote an Obituary of about 1500 words.

It will be up soon and anyone can post it around.