The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

11 minutes ago, Matthew Koch said:

Are you sure? I thought he said it was because the plane turned the body rolled over and the body got stuck that way because of rigor mortis. 

I thought it was kinda cute how he was learning zoomer terms like LARPer.. what a legend! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRLNtcEX_to

13 minutes in. I guess that's probably what Lifton really means - not the arm waving on the outside of the airplane. I think I had the wrong mental image.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most recent conversation with David Lifton began on Nov 1st, he was glad I queried his email as he had lost my e-mail address.  The below is my last communication with DSLifton. In that email exchange: after pleasantries, David wanted to inform me he had moved to Las Vegas and provided me with his new address, I also gave him mine, again... he gave no date when that moved occurred. He knew I had long ties to and lived in East Las Vegas for many years and we had talked a time or two of getting together for a bite to eat... When my current health issues came up during the exchange, it became obvious I won't be travelling to Las Vegas in the future...

11/09/22 - 10:37 PM 

[...]

My best, DSL

My Contact Info 
(now living in Summerlin, suburb of Las Vegas)

8350 W. Desert Inn Rd.,  Apt 1122
Las Vegas,
NV  89117 

During our exchange he ask if I had Gary Shaw's email address (which I don't).
And, if I was aware of Wallace Milam passing? No, I don't know Milam and, only aware of Shaw's name, the who or what importance escapes me...

--dghealy

Edited by David G. Healy

Wallace has passed on?

And we get that from a guy who has himself since passed on.

Wallace Milam was a good researcher and writer from the eighties and nineties.

He then got married and retired from the field.

Wallace was actually the first guy who punched a whole in the whole  VIncent Guinn charade about the NAA.  

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Look, one can argue the merits of Lifton's work from now until eternity.

Both him and his work were controversial.  He was not the easiest guy to get along with.

But what I am interested in is this:  How will Final Charade be handled? 

Is there a manuscript?  If so, who will edit it?

Finally, where will the funeral be?  In LA or Vegas?

There is 100 percent definitely a manuscript that is, to most people's standards, done but perhaps not "David Lifton" done (he was forever adding and amending). How I know this: researcher Matt Douthit, who became good friends with David. According to the gentleman who started the thread (his recent comment), they are going to get it published [perhaps even if it is "just" Author House or similar self publishing venues a la what Tyler Newcomb did with his late father's book MURDER FROM WITHIN co-written with the late Perry Adams].

8 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Wallace has passed on?

And we get that from a guy who has himself since passed on.

Wallace Milam was a good researcher and writer from the eighties and nineties.

He then got married and retired from the field.

Wallace was actually the first guy who punched a whole in the whole  VIncent Guinn charade about the NAA.  

Wallace Milam sadly did pass away as verified by the comments on his Facebook- sounds like it was a little over a year ago based on the comments.

2 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

Wallace Milam sadly did pass away as verified by the comments on his Facebook- sounds like it was a little over a year ago based on the comments.

This is correct - I knew about it at the time but for some reason didn't post anything here. Both Wallace and David were exceptionally kind to me as a young researcher, a period during which we spent many hours talking on the phone.  Although I have come to disbelieve the core tenets of David's body alteration theory, I think we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his tenacity and research acumen.

4 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

This is correct - I knew about it at the time but for some reason didn't post anything here. Both Wallace and David were exceptionally kind to me as a young researcher, a period during which we spent many hours talking on the phone.  Although I have come to disbelieve the core tenets of David's body alteration theory, I think we all owe him a debt of gratitude for his tenacity and research acumen.

Obituary | Wallace Milam of Dyersburg, Tennessee | Curry Funeral Home

Wallace Milam

Thanks for that valuable information on both LIfton and Milam VInce.

Wallace was a really good guy.

1 hour ago, W. Tracy Parnell said:

Point taken, but right now it should be about remembering the man who was undoubtedly a great writer and researcher.

Kudos to you, Mr. Parnell. Nice to see people can have disagreements yet still see the value in one's work.

5 hours ago, Max Good said:

I visited David Lifton's storage unit to film with him in 2017.  You might be able to get an idea of the size of his archive from this footage.  This is a deleted scene from my film, I just made it free for everyone to see on my Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/deleted-scene-68422882

Max, this is outstanding!!

17 hours ago, Steven Kossor said:

At the request of his next-of-kin, I updated the Wikipedia citation for David Lifton just now to document his death on 12/5/2022 in Las Vegas at the age of 83.  The citation for his work on Final Charade reads:

At the time of his death, Lifton was living in Las Vegas after having lived in Southern California from 2010 until he moved for a short time to McKinney, Texas and then relocated to Las Vegas in 2021. For many years prior to his death, he was working full-time on a major written work about Oswald and details about the plan to assassinate JFK that were unearthed in the years following the publication of Best Evidence. His unfinished work, entitled Final Charade was to explain "what was supposed to have happened on 11/22/63, but didn't because of unexpected events in Dallas that forced the perpetrators of JFK's murder to improvise in their desperate attempt to recover control over JFK's body in order to complete the alterations necessary before his autopsy that would allow his murder to be ruled 'an accident of history' and permit the levers of power to operate efficiently to achieve an orderly transition from the Kennedy administration to the Johnson administration. The perpetrators were nearly exposed in 1963, as the evidence reported in Best Evidence clearly documents. The sequence of bizarre, seemingly inexplicable events that happened at Parkland and Bethesda on the afternoon and evening of November 22-23, 1963 were not part of any plan to kill JFK and alter his body before autopsy; it was the best they could do under the circumstances and they succeeded in concealing the truth for almost 60 years."

I believe that David's research archive has been preserved and that his collected papers may be assembled for publication in the future.  He will be interred in his family's cemetery plot on Long Island, NY.  I will do what I can to help preserve his legacy, which was unequivocally substantial.  I believe that, in Best Evidence, he did the best he could with the available evidence to analyze and synthesize the facts he uncovered and that his understanding evolved as new evidence and conversations with others with knowledge of the JFKA continued to occur because of his notoriety and ongoing drive to uncover the truth to the best of his ability.  I think Final Charade will be a fascinating read when it's finally published.

**UPDATE*** Good news, bad news about FINAL CHARADE (a small excerpt from a public post by researcher Matt Douthit):

"This case literally lived with him 24/7. Over a span of 56 years, he interviewed on audio and video more JFK eyewitnesses and researchers than any other researcher I have ever known. If he ever had a lead, boom, he would be on the next bus. And if he didn’t have the funds to do it, he would always find a way no matter what. The most important thing he taught me as a mentor was to always avoid Confirmation Bias, and to always be open-minded. I first got to know him when I was 19 and got to know him even more in person when he lived here in Dallas for a year. We would sit in diners, I in awe, mesmerized listening to him tell me literally everything he knew and all his theories. Yep, I heard it all. I was blown away when he read to me out loud from his spiral notebook the Introduction to “Final Charade”. He has since made all this public per the interviews he’s given in the past few years. As for the manuscript itself, I’m sad to tell you all that his laptop had crashed and he “lost everything.” BUT, like I said, the gist of it all has been made known through those interviews he gave"

4 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

**UPDATE*** Good news, bad news about FINAL CHARADE (a small excerpt from a public post by researcher Matt Douthit):

"This case literally lived with him 24/7. Over a span of 56 years, he interviewed on audio and video more JFK eyewitnesses and researchers than any other researcher I have ever known. If he ever had a lead, boom, he would be on the next bus. And if he didn’t have the funds to do it, he would always find a way no matter what. The most important thing he taught me as a mentor was to always avoid Confirmation Bias, and to always be open-minded. I first got to know him when I was 19 and got to know him even more in person when he lived here in Dallas for a year. We would sit in diners, I in awe, mesmerized listening to him tell me literally everything he knew and all his theories. Yep, I heard it all. I was blown away when he read to me out loud from his spiral notebook the Introduction to “Final Charade”. He has since made all this public per the interviews he’s given in the past few years. As for the manuscript itself, I’m sad to tell you all that his laptop had crashed and he “lost everything.” BUT, like I said, the gist of it all has been made known through those interviews he gave"

What? That makes no sense. He didn't bother to email his file saves to himself? Has this laptop been given to a recovery person?