The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

I never met David Lifton, and he seemed troubled in later years. 

But his work on the strange happenings at Bethesda, and his invaluable filming and recording of witnesses (not easy in those days) have put on the record what credible people said they saw that day. 

Hat's off. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I never met David Lifton, and he seemed troubled in later years. 

But his work on the strange happenings at Bethesda, and his invaluable filming and recording of witnesses (not easy in those days) have put on the record what credible people said they saw that day. 

Hat's off. 

He was "troubled"? He never offered any theories recently that weren't as outlandish as stuff he'd been saying in the 60's. The "assassins being gassed in the train car like the holocaust gas chambers" thing was relatively light compared to his older idea of a "Sniper bunker hidden on grassy knoll".

44 minutes ago, Micah Mileto said:

He was "troubled"? He never offered any theories recently that weren't as outlandish as stuff he'd been saying in the 60's. The "assassins being gassed in the train car like the holocaust gas chambers" thing was relatively light compared to his older idea of a "Sniper bunker hidden on grassy knoll".

Yes. But try to remember contributions. He left behind a filmed record of Bethesda employees saying what they saw. JFK's body arriving in a plain steel-colored shipping casket, for example. 

Very sorry to hear this. A human life is ultimately more important, but this is what I feared: he would pass away and his work in progress would be lost. Lifton was a bachelor and I got the feeling that he had no close friends. RIP

I also should have known something was wrong recently, as David reached out to me about a research question but (uncharacteristically) did not respond back (this was in the last 6 weeks or so). Great tribute to David: 

This is indeed very sad news. My initial contact with David reaches back to 1967 when he was introduced to me by the late Fred Newcomb and Perry Adams.  Though he and I agreed to disagree on a number of issues regarding the events of November 22, 1963, including various aspects of his initial theory on body alteration up to and including his recent take on the wounding of Governor Connally, our discourse always remained civil. I, like others, had the impression that David was, at times, a lonely soul consumed by his work. However, that being said there can be no doubt his research was and will remain invaluable to all who seek the truth regarding the assassination of John Kennedy.

RIP, David...

24 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

So you knew him well enough to know if he has family. Does he have family? Did he live with someone? Can you call his phone number in the hopes that someone picks up and then you can inquire about his collection? What is his address? Maybe a member can drive to his place? Can you help at all?

Researcher Matt Douthit was in regular contact with him. I just let him know of his passing. If anyone should know, he would (how to obtain his manuscript, etc.).

5 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I am seeing zero online confirmation that David passed away. I hope we don't all have egg on our faces over this.

:)))) Read Joseph's post. It adds to the credibility of the story. If Lifton denies the story, then we will know for sure the story is false. Remember Phil Collins?

Edited by Denis Morissette

3 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

:)))) Read Joseph's post. It adds to the credibility of the story. If Lifton denies the story, then we will know for sure the story is false. Remember Phil Collins?

David was born in 1939- that makes him 83. It is definitely possible.