The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn’t know David well enough to call him a friend, but we were definitely allies. I exchanged about 20 e-mails with him 2011-14.  We shared an understanding of the root facts of the case, and shared a disdain for “JFK experts” who didn’t grasp those facts.

Rest in peace, David, your work will live forever.

To the poster who has Lifton going to hell with Angleton and Dulles: Cursing the dead or dying is not only offensive and in bad taste, it is an affront to decent minded people everywhere and tells us quite a bit about your character.

Regardless of what you thought about Dave, if you can't say something decent about him in his passing, don't say anything. Those of us who had interaction with him and were friends of his will appreciate it. Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Gil Jesus said:

To the poster who has Lifton going to hell with Angleton and Dulles: Cursing the dead or dying is not only offensive and in bad taste, it is an affront to decent minded people everywhere and tells us quite a bit about your character.

Regardless of what you thought about Dave, if you can't say something decent about him in his passing, don't say anything. Those of us who had interaction with him and were friends of his will appreciate it. Thank you.

Celebrating the death of ANY human is bad character?

Where would we be today without the enormous contributions of David Lifton?!

I know that some on this forum had a personal issues with him -- he could certainly be blunt and dismissive -- but who can argue that he was a giant in the field of JFKA?  His uncovering of the autopsy hank-panky is in some ways the foundation of our understanding.  He will be greatly missed by me.

RIP, DSL.

I'm sorry to hear of Mr. Lifton's passing. It was an enormous privilege to be a member of this forum with him and to have the opportunity to interact with an author the stature of David Lifton. How often does a student of the assassination get to communicate with someone who had quizzed Allen Dulles in person? "Best Evidence" is certainly a landmark book among the many hundreds of books that have been written about the subject. I remember reading about each discovery he made and being so curious to hear about Wesley Liebeler's reactions.

I know some forum members didn't always have the most friendly relationship with him. Certainly there were occasional areas of disagreement even with those that did. But there's no doubt that through his research and writing David Lifton made a huge contribution to our understanding of the JFK assassination. He will be missed.

1 hour ago, Paul Cummings said:

I read B.E. and it started my journey on the JFKA.

Same here. Best Evidence was the very first book I ever bought (or read) about President Kennedy's assassination. I purchased a hardcover First Edition in January of 1981. (And I wish I still had it in my collection, but unfortunately I do not.)

I disagree with just about every single conclusion that Mr. Lifton came to in the book, but I still found B.E. to be a fascinating read. I can even recall the unique (and very pleasant) smell that the book emanated. It was always a pleasure to open it up and take a big whiff. (It's funny the things that make an impression on one's memory, isn't it?)

Yes, I think David S. Lifton's "body alteration" and "casket switching" theories are pure bunk, but, boy oh boy, that man could sure write an impressive forum post. And I even had some friendly interactions with him from time to time too. SMILE-ICON.gif

David's 1,252 posts here at The Education Forum cover a wide range of JFKA-related topics, spanning a 16-year period, from September 7, 2006, to his last post on October 31, 2022.

RIP, DSL. 😞

Edited by David Von Pein