The Education Forum

David Lifton died on 12/6/2022

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I talked to Matt and he said Lifton's hard drive crashed about two months ago. Not to be dramatic, but it's hard not to see this as a factor in David's passing. 

I know that when I was in the hospital last year fighting cancer and google updated my site, and scrambled all the images, I was incredibly depressed. My poor health--where I was given a 1 in 3 chance to survive--in combination with the thought I'd spent thousands of hours creating something that had essentially disappeared--was just too much. I was nearly catatonic.

Fortunately, however, my wife was there for me, as were the rest of my family and friends. They made a difference. 

Pat-

I am glad you made it, and I am fan of your website. 

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

This from the guy who reads and quotes Fred Litwin.  After I demolished all three of his books and brought up the most serious questions about who he was.  And BTW, Matt D and David Mantik also pulverized his first book.

As for Matt, I like the guy.  Saying that the USA assassinates people and foreign leaders abroad?  I mean does anyone really question that today?  Where would the discussion of JFK's death be without evidence that the CIA plotted assassinations and overthrows abroad?

Matt is OK with me.

Yeah sure. But that stuff doesn't belong in a post about Lifton's passing. I'm about done with the guy.

I'd prefer to come to this thread and hear about DSL and people's experiences with him. Parnell and DVP have been respectful.

David Lifton was kind to me and sought me out a couple times which was heady given his legendary status. Email from David Lifton of June 1 of this year saying he was nearly blind in one eye, and referring to the laptop which may be the one that crashed. 

~ ~ ~ 

Sent: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 3:13 AM
To: Greg D <gdoudna@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Oswald wanting office job downtown quote

Thanks very much for the information you sent about Laura Kittrell; (Armstrong Collection  Box 4, Notebook 4B).  Specifically, my thanks for your detailed instructions as to how to reach the Laura Kittrell manuscript. (Which I followed, and so I finally "arrived" there).

FWIW:: I just spent at least an hour, peering at my laptop (and with one eye closed), reading through Kittrell's account (which, as you may recall is repeated over and over again).  Yikes!  I started out thinking it must be very significant; but gradually my opinion changed.  At this moment, I'm still not sure.  I actually located the "downtown" (and "office") quote; and, IMHO, that's what makes it potentially important, historically.  One can't get around those two facts.

I'm going to have to let this "percolate" awhile, before I arrive at any final conclusion.  Certainly, its provocative. But its now 2:40 AM, and I'm tired (and nearly blind in one eye!).  Help!

I'm sure Kittrell is credible; and I'm confident she interviewed/encountered  the genuine L H O,  The key quote, IMHO is: 

"He told her he had been to Russia, . . said he had worked in an electronics plant in Russia, She said at the same time that (LHO) "wanted to be classified for "white collar" work in the downtown Dallas area. He said he did not drive a car."  Yes, that surely is the genuine Oswald.  And what seems significant is that the key source document -- if I'm not mistaken -- is from 1965.  FWIW: Some 10 - 20 years ago, I used to (privately) argue with John Armstrong all the time. I never believed there were "two Oswalds".  I did believe (and still do believe) that he was an excellent role player . . "an actor in real life" (as GDM put it).

Many thanks.  . . . DSL  (3:10 AM PDT)

14 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Yeah sure. But that stuff doesn't belong in a post about Lifton's passing. I'm about done with the guy.

I'd prefer to come to this thread and hear about DSL and people's experiences with him. Parnell and DVP have been respectful.

If you look back, it was not Matt who started off on that tangent.  

On 12/7/2022 at 6:20 PM, Vince Palamara said:

Harry Livingstone died a lonely bachelor in 2015, yet his archives were obtained via Bart Kamp (and Malcolm Blunt, too?). I know young researcher Matt Douthit was in frequent contact with David and considered him a friend. If anyone could have had access to his manuscript, he would. I reached out to him so stay tuned.

It is my understanding that Malcolm bought Harry's archives and gave them to Bart to put online, along with a lot of his own materials. 

34 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

That’s correct. There is plenty that could have been taken exception to before that moment. 

I was looking again to see if I could find any official recognition of David's passing.  An obituary or mention in a major publication.  Still nothing I could find.  But I stumbled across this wapo article from shortly before Best Evidence came out.  It was interesting to me.  Thought I'd share.

David Lifton's Startling Study of JFK's Murder - The Washington Post

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

I was looking again to see if I could find any official recognition of David's passing.  An obituary or mention in a major publication.  Still nothing I could find.  But I stumbled across this wapo article from shortly before Best Evidence came out.  It was interesting to me.  Thought I'd share.

David Lifton's Startling Study of JFK's Murder - The Washington Post

Very interesting article, Ron-thanks for sharing!

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I know. The original poster removed his out of embarrassment no doubt. I wish Matt would. Whatever.

25 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

I know. The original poster removed his out of embarrassment no doubt. I wish Matt would. Whatever.

Bob I would be more than "Okay" if a mod erased Greg's deletions, my comments, Jonathan's retort, and people posts talking about it to make it an only David Lifton thread.

The only reason I haven't deleted my comment is for context, I didn't want people to think we were saying bad things about DSL. Otherwise I admit that my comment was in poor taste given the topic. 

Just now, Matthew Koch said:

Bob I would be more than "Okay" if a mod erased Greg's deletions, my comments, Jonathan's retort, and people posts talking about it to make it an only David Lifton thread.

The only reason I haven't deleted my comment is for context, I didn't want people to think we were saying bad things about DSL. Otherwise I admit that my comment was in poor taste given the topic. 

Ah. Copy that. Yeah, maybe they should. Don't want censoring going on but well, you know.

On 12/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

Ditto. There are tech-guys who can work with bad hard drives, and extract the valuables....

On 12/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, Benjamin Cole said:

Ditto. There are tech-guys who can work with bad hard drives, and extract the valuables....

If it takes some money to hire a top notch expert to recover the data, pls count me in to contribute. The material is far too valuable to lose due to inaction or lack of funds…

On 12/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Max Good said:

I visited David Lifton's storage unit to film with him in 2017.  You might be able to get an idea of the size of his archive from this footage.  This is a deleted scene from my film, I just made it free for everyone to see on my Patreon page:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/deleted-scene-68422882

The contents of that storage unit need to be protected.  They should not be sold to the highest unknowing bidder on a TV show for non-payment of rent.  Nor pilfered by others.  UCLA, Cornell, Baylor.  Digitized.

Edited by Ron Bulman

I've spent most of my free time over the past 48 hours watching these short video clips David made back in 2013 and had posted to youtube only 4 or 5 weeks ago. Im pretty sure it covers exactly what he was writing about in "Final Charade".

Their are 14 vidoes in all, here is a link to number one:

I had sent emails to two email accounts i had for David a few days ago asking if he was ok, was he well.....I've had no reply.....like many here david was well respected by posters of this site, i for one was delighted when he would reply to posts or emailed me asking why or thought something or he replied to correct my comments. 

My condolences to his family and friends, 

R.I.P David, i hope you may now have all your questions answered.

A.J 

2 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

I've spent most of my free time over the past 48 hours watching these short video clips David made back in 2013 and had posted to youtube only 4 or 5 weeks ago. Im pretty sure it covers exactly what he was writing about in "Final Charade".

Their are 14 vidoes in all, here is a link to number one:

I had sent emails to two email accounts i had for David a few days ago asking if he was ok, was he well.....I've had no reply.....like many here david was well respected by posters of this site, i for one was delighted when he would reply to posts or emailed me asking why or thought something or he replied to correct my comments. 

My condolences to his family and friends, 

R.I.P David, i hope you may now have all your questions answered.

A.J 

Here is all 14 in order in one place: