The Education Forum

Paul Landis Revelation About Assassination Bullet

First Sam Kinney tells his neighbor that he found the bullet in the limo and placed it on the stretcher. Now Landis is saying HE was the one who found it and put it on the stretcher. Who's next Clint Hill?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

First Sam Kinney tells his neighbor that he found the bullet in the limo and placed it on the stretcher. Now Landis is saying HE was the one who found it and put it on the stretcher. Who's next Clint Hill?

I just never understood how Kinney would have thought he was "Doing something for his president" and "protecting his memory" by moving a bullet from the limo to his stretcher.  

Landis claiming the bullet needed to stay with JFK'S body is also strange.  People can do very odd things when grief stricken but I think both stories sound fishy. 

After hearing the illogical reasoning attributed to Kinney, I considered that he may be taking the heat for another agents actions. Landis suffering from PTSD could have been the motivation for Kinney to bring the truth to light, thereby relieving some psychological burden from Landis. 

They can't  both be telling the truth so there has to be motive to lie for one of them. I wonder what other motive might be plausible?

If that seems like a stretch how bout this. The magic bullet bounced off Connally's femur and back out through the hole in his trousers. It then spun in the air as Connally jerked his hat upwards. The hat caught the bullet and flicked it over his left shoulder. It landed on the top/back of the seat. 

The SBT is saved and Oswald was the lone assassin.  And I am not serious.

And there's another bullet found in the car according to Navy Dr James Young:

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/government-integrity/navy-doctor-bullet-found-jfks-limousine-never-reported/

from Dr. Young's letter to then president G Ford:

My particular problem is a description of what occurred at the autopsy. During the autopsy examination, Dr. Jim Humes, then the Chief of Pathology at Bethesda Naval Hospital, and two other pathologists stated that some pieces of President Kennedy’s skull bones were missing. In order to reconstruct the President’s head for burial, Dr. Humes wanted to find those pieces which were missing. Dr. Burkley and I requested two of our corpsmen who were assigned to our White House medical unit, to go to the Executive Office Building where the Secret Service had placed the “Queen Mary,” [sic] the open convertible in which President Kennedy had been shot, for bone fragments.

Two of the corpsmen left and returned sometime later with three varying sized pieces of President Kennedy’s skull bones. In addition, they brought back in an envelope a spent misshapen bullet which they had found on the back floor of the “Queen Mary”[sic] where they had found the pieces of skull bones. The bullet and pieces of skull were given to Dr. Jim Humes.

I have never seen anything written about that spent bullet in the Warren Report or elsewhere. Do you recall any testimony or comments which would clarify my concerns?

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/government-integrity/navy-doctor-bullet-found-jfks-limousine-never-reported/

I was thinking the same thing. 

Planted bullets? 

1 hour ago, Bill Fite said:

@Vince Palamara 

Bill - the Queen Mary was the Secret Service Car... not the limo.

"they brought back in an envelope a spent misshapen bullet which they had found on the back floor of the “Queen Mary”[sic] where they had found the pieces of skull bones."

I too have that report.  Emory Roberts - if I remember correctly - claimed to have found skull bone in the Queen Mary as well but since that suggested a frontal shot - he changed that to "the limo" (That wasn't Boring was it?)

So if there really were bullets and skull in the Queen Mary...  frontal shots are a certainty.

Vince - Wasn't LANDIS part of the SS drinking party the night before?

@Matthew Koch

The bullet known as CE399 is only acknowledged as the bullet ROWLEY gave TODD (with the timing conflict to Frazier).  Nothing else prior to that represents CE399 but a pointed bullet which was claimed to fall to the floor, picked up by a nurse and disappears.   

Yet we've had this info for many, many years (the memo) and little if anything is done to connect dots.  :huh:

What I don't understand is why this memo and this story does not constitute proof of more shots, more bullets and complete l-i-e-s.

Phyllis Hall, the very first nurse to enter Trauma Room 1, said that while she was cradling the president’s head, she saw a bullet in JFK’s neck.

“I could see a bullet lodged between his ear and his shoulder,” she said. “It was pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage. There was no blunting of the bullet or scarring around the shell from where it had been fired.”

“I’d had a great deal of experience working with gunshot wounds, but I had never seen anything like this before. It was about one-and-a-half inches long – nothing like the bullets that were later produced. It was taken away but never have I seen it presented in evidence or heard what happened to it. It remains a mystery.”

Phyllis’s description of the bullet sounds very much like a flechette, and JFK did apparently have a neck wound in that location. In 1989, Tom Wilson an electrical engineer and photonics expert, used special photo analysis equipment to examine the autopsy photos in 3D. He determined that the small defect in the neck was an actual wound.   https://www.quora.com/Could-nurse-Phyllis-Hall-be-telling-the-truth-when-she-said-she-saw-a-bullet-lodged-in-JFKs-neck-a-bullet-like-she-had-never-seen-before 

301620767_BelmottoTolsonbulletbehindear.jpg.262331bdc00a2e95be38e24a7d43ebde.jpg

4 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

"they brought back in an envelope a spent misshapen bullet which they had found on the back floor of the “Queen Mary”[sic] where they had found the pieces of skull bones."

I too have that report.  Emory Roberts - if I remember correctly - claimed to have found skull bone in the Queen Mary as well but since that suggested a frontal shot - he changed that to "the limo" (That wasn't Boring was it?)

So if there really were bullets and skull in the Queen Mary...  frontal shots are a certainty.

Hi David - The quote itself was from  Dr Young's letter in the article.  So maybe he mistook the Queen Mary as the JFK limo since in the letter he previously seems to have made that mistake:

"I requested two of our corpsmen who were assigned to our White House medical unit, to go to the Executive Office Building where the Secret Service had placed the “Queen Mary,” [sic] the open convertible in which President Kennedy had been shot, for bone fragments."

1 hour ago, David Josephs said:

@Vince Palamara 

Vince - Wasn't LANDIS part of the SS drinking party the night before?

@Matthew Koch

The bullet known as CE399 is only acknowledged as the bullet ROWLEY gave TODD (with the timing conflict to Frazier).  Nothing else prior to that represents CE399 but a pointed bullet which was claimed to fall to the floor, picked up by a nurse and disappears.   

Yet we've had this info for many, many years (the memo) and little if anything is done to connect dots.  :huh:

What I don't understand is why this memo and this story does not constitute proof of more shots, more bullets and complete l-i-e-s.

Phyllis Hall, the very first nurse to enter Trauma Room 1, said that while she was cradling the president’s head, she saw a bullet in JFK’s neck.

“I could see a bullet lodged between his ear and his shoulder,” she said. “It was pointed at its tip and showed no signs of damage. There was no blunting of the bullet or scarring around the shell from where it had been fired.”

“I’d had a great deal of experience working with gunshot wounds, but I had never seen anything like this before. It was about one-and-a-half inches long – nothing like the bullets that were later produced. It was taken away but never have I seen it presented in evidence or heard what happened to it. It remains a mystery.”

Phyllis’s description of the bullet sounds very much like a flechette, and JFK did apparently have a neck wound in that location. In 1989, Tom Wilson an electrical engineer and photonics expert, used special photo analysis equipment to examine the autopsy photos in 3D. He determined that the small defect in the neck was an actual wound.   https://www.quora.com/Could-nurse-Phyllis-Hall-be-telling-the-truth-when-she-said-she-saw-a-bullet-lodged-in-JFKs-neck-a-bullet-like-she-had-never-seen-before 

301620767_BelmottoTolsonbulletbehindear.jpg.262331bdc00a2e95be38e24a7d43ebde.jpg

Hello! That was Boring, not Roberts.

Landis was one of the nine agents who drank that morning and the most sleep deprived: he left at 5 am and had to report for duty at 8 am.

Wow---all the hype and national articles are making Landis forthcoming book a best seller:

• Publisher ‏ : ‎ Chicago Review Press (October 10, 2023)
  • Language ‏ : ‎ English
  • Hardcover ‏ : ‎ 240 pages
  • ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1641609443
  • ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1641609449
  • Item Weight ‏ : ‎ 1.74 pounds

12 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

From the NY Times article about Landis:

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

The fact that Landis only decided to reveal  this after reading Six Seconds in Dallas doesn’t really help his credibility, IMO. 

That said, it does seem like a bit of a stretch that an 80 year old man would fabricate a story like this just to sell a few books, but not actually seek publicity for it for almost a decade, but you never know. 

I’m not sure what to think about Kinney taking credit for the same thing. Granted it’s a hearsay claim from 1986, but Kinney’s alleged story sounds almost identical to what Landis is saying now: SS agent placed  bullet on stretcher, innocent act in the heat of the moment, etc. etc. If Kinney really said that, it seems to support the idea that certain SS agents knew that the bullet was moved. 

2 hours ago, Tom Gram said:

The fact that Landis only decided to reveal  this after reading Six Seconds in Dallas doesn’t really help his credibility, IMO. 

That said, it does seem like a bit of a stretch that an 80 year old man would fabricate a story like this just to sell a few books, but not actually seek publicity for it for almost a decade, but you never know. 

I’m not sure what to think about Kinney taking credit for the same thing. Granted it’s a hearsay claim from 1986, but Kinney’s alleged story sounds almost identical to what Landis is saying now: SS agent placed  bullet on stretcher, innocent act in the heat of the moment, etc. etc. If Kinney really said that, it seems to support the idea that certain SS agents knew that the bullet was moved. 

Landis' age (88) is the only thing working in his favor that he is not just a fraudster looking for cash. That said, I am skeptical. IF he is lying, it is a win-win for me: just goes to show you what XXXXX these agents are (Hill, Blaine, etc.).

Another rather incredible claim that ex-Secret Service agent Paul Landis is now making (via the Vanity Fair article) is his claim that he saw two "bullet fragments" lying on the back seat as well.

Of course, as we all know, there were no bullet fragments recovered from the BACK seat. The two large bullet fragments (CE567 & CE569) were found in the FRONT seat of the limousine after the car was flown back to Washington.

Some people (mostly CTers) can always claim, of course, that Agent Landis really did see a couple of bullet fragments lying on the back seat on Nov. 22, but the Bucket Brigade (clean-up crew) scooped those fragments up when they (allegedly) washed out the back of the limo at Parkland.

Bottom Line regarding Mr. Paul Landis (IMO):

It's absolutely ridiculous and wholly unbelievable to think that a member of the United States Secret Service, right after discovering and moving a piece of very important evidence connected directly to the shooting of a U.S. President, wouldn't have mentioned to anyone on the very day it happened the fact that he found a whole bullet right there in the same car where JFK was murdered.

Landis' explanation for why he never uttered a word to anyone else about his bullet discovery (via the Vanity Fair article) is this:

"The special agent simply never gave the bullet a second thought, he says. He had left it where someone would find it."

The above reasoning which has Landis just assuming that somebody in the Parkland Hospital emergency room would notice the bullet after he placed it on JFK's stretcher is, in my opinion, just not a believable excuse at all for not saying a word to anyone about his discovery, especially since Landis also readily admits in that same Vanity Fair article that "he believed it was crucial evidence and needed for the autopsy".

So, Agent Landis supposedly finds a bullet, doesn't maintain possession of it, but then decides to not tell another living soul in the hospital about his discovery after he leaves that bullet lying on President Kennedy's stretcher?! That's just laughable and idiotic. And, of course, not the slightest bit believable.

Landis also says (again via the Vanity Fair article) that in later years he thought of his bullet discovery as merely "a minor detail".

That's a fairly large "minor detail", if you ask me.

And nobody can possibly use the fact that Mr. Landis, in later years, suffered from PTSD, which is, indeed, unfortunate for him. But any PTSD that was suffered by Mr. Landis certainly can't explain his lack of communicating with someone (anyone!) the fact he had found (and moved) a bullet on November 22, 1963.

Edited by David Von Pein