The Education Forum

Wesley Buell Frazier needs to be asked some serious questions!

Wesley Buell Frazier's connection to Lee Harvey Oswald's employment at the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) cannot be overlooked. Beginning his tenure at the TSBD in September 1963, Frazier soon became an inadvertent bridge, facilitating Oswald's association with the Depository. It was Frazier who communicated about the job opening, initially to his sister, Linnie Mae Randle. She, in turn, relayed the information to Ruth Paine, leading to Oswald's subsequent hiring.

It's curious to consider that if Oswald was strategically positioned at the TSBD, someone must have nudged him in that direction. While I'm not implying Frazier was an orchestrator, it's plausible he could have been unknowingly maneuvered by external forces to spread word of the job vacancy among his kin and acquaintances.

The Warren Commission's narrative raises eyebrows. Their pronounced emphasis on Ruth Paine and Linnie Mae Randle in the chain of communication about the job, while subtly sidestepping Frazier's initial role, is suspicious. This evasion is reminiscent of their notable silence regarding the mysterious "three tramps."

In sifting through the Warren Commission's findings, it seems prudent to focus on what they chose to downplay or omit. Their silences might just be where the real stories lie.

I would ask Frazier: Who told you there was an opening at the TSBD and what did they tell you?

Frazier-signing-1080w-shopify_1024x1024.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Wesley Buell Frazier's connection to Lee Harvey Oswald's employment at the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) cannot be overlooked. Beginning his tenure at the TSBD in September 1963, Frazier soon became an inadvertent bridge, facilitating Oswald's association with the Depository. It was Frazier who communicated about the job opening, initially to his sister, Linnie Mae Randle. She, in turn, relayed the information to Ruth Paine, leading to Oswald's subsequent hiring.

It's curious to consider that if Oswald was strategically positioned at the TSBD, someone must have nudged him in that direction. While I'm not implying Frazier was an orchestrator, it's plausible he could have been unknowingly maneuvered by external forces to spread word of the job vacancy among his kin and acquaintances.

The Warren Commission's narrative raises eyebrows. Their pronounced emphasis on Ruth Paine and Linnie Mae Randle in the chain of communication about the job, while subtly sidestepping Frazier's initial role, is suspicious. This evasion is reminiscent of their notable silence regarding the mysterious "three tramps."

In sifting through the Warren Commission's findings, it seems prudent to focus on what they chose to downplay or omit. Their silences might just be where the real stories lie.

I would ask Frazier: Who told you there was an opening at the TSBD and what did they tell you?

Frazier-signing-1080w-shopify_1024x1024.

This is shameful, but it raises an important point. 

1) This is shameful because implying that Frazier was part of the conspiracy to implicate Oswald overlooks not only the exactly 0% evidence to indicate such (anyone paying attention will notice that no evidence is presented in this post, though I admit that is low hanging fruit), but also critically ignores how Frazier has been one of the most reliable and steadfast witnesses contradicting the WC in terms of the official narrative, particularly the curtain rods story (I know the PM crowd has their own separate issues with Frazier, but that is a different story for a different time.)

2) This does raise one point that still needs to be resolved by this community, and I can't emphasize this enough: did Oswald getting his job at the TSBD in anyway relate to the assassination?

Because, in all my reading there have been essentially two camps: 1) LN'ers who believe it was a coincidence and that Oswald simply had a lucky opportunity, or 2) CT'ers who believe either Buell, Linnie Mae, Ruth Paine, or Roy Truly must have contributed to orchestrating Oswald's hiring in some fashion, wittingly or unwittingly.

The closest I have read to a 3rd option is summarized well in Tipping Point by Larry Hancock, who writes the following (footnote 289, part V):

[ 289 ] Controversy and debate over Oswald's employment at the Texas School Depository, and its implication for the conspiracy have been continual and will remain ongoing. Points that do have to be considered are the fact that Marina Oswald was living with Ruth Paine, next door neighbor to the Frazier family, whose son Buell worked at the TSBD. In addition, reports out of Dallas following the assassination relate an individual either using the name Oswald or having a close physical match for Lee Oswald inquiring about employment at various places along Main Street (the obvious route for a political motorcade) prior to Oswald's actual employment at the TSBD.

Oswald himself had made it clear that he was not pleased with his work at the TSBD and was looking for another job. Marina Oswald and others commented on his interest in finding other work. More specifically, based on documents and information now available, we know that the FBI itself was aware (from a local inquiry by Dallas newspersons) that Oswald had applied for work at the Devilbliss Company. While Oswald appears to have been first referred to that company in October (and according to the FBI interviewed then), an independent inquiry at the company by a local news outlet found that Oswald himself had followed up on the initial application in person some two weeks prior to the assassination, while employed at the TSBD. The Devilbliss Company was not located in downtown Dallas, but rather in the vicinity of the Trade Mart. Larry Hancock, Someone Would Have Talked, 64-65 also FBI summary report, December 13, 1965, Hood College Archives.

http://jfk.hood.edu/Collection/FBI%20Records%20Files/105-82555/105-82555%20Section%20057/105-57c.pdf

The personal information on the Devilbliss application confirms the individual in question to be Lee Oswald and has other points of interest including the statement that Oswald did not own an automobile but did rent one.

What also has to be said is that any tactical plan is fluid, intended to be altered as field connections change. Since we simply do not know the details of the tactical plan for Dallas, we are left with speculation in regard to Oswald's employment, certainly he could have been "framed" if he had been employed at a location other than the TSBD. While the plaza was a desirable location for a shooting attack, other locations could have been employed. Martino tells us that the team itself arrived in Dallas days before the attack, and it is likely the exact infiltration routes, shooting positions and exfiltration plans were not finalized until then. Reverse engineering the plan from what actually happened is tempting, but has to be approached with considerable caution.

While I personally agree with Larry that it needs to be understood that any conspiracy plan was most likely "fluid", I have a hard time swallowing the idea that Oswald still could have been framed if "he had been employed at a location other than the TSBD". It is exactly how serendipitous the location was that makes it hard to believe that it was anything other than either chosen with foreknowledge or pure bald-faced luck. If it was "fluid", if we are talking about the many tentacles of the CIA or whoever reaching out and choosing a convenient patsy ad hoc, then count me as one less convinced. That said, if I had to choose, I'd choose option 3. My only point here is that, as a research community, if we had to prioritize questions that need to be immediately answered about the assassination, this needs to be at the top of the list and resolved as soon as possible. All roads lead back to Oswald's hiring at the TSBD. And if we don't answer it then we will continue to see posts on the EF as bad as this one by Keyvan.

P.S.: At least get his name right. 

Edited by Miles Massicotte

Never forget the ominous coincidence that the Texas School Book Depository building was owned by super wealthy, extreme right wing Texas oil man and JFK hater D. H. Byrd.

Texas oil barons were the wealthiest men on Earth in 1963.

And JFK was the most hated enemy of their cabal.

JFK wanted to end their Oil Depletion tax exemption rip-off scam.

Here's something else to chew on regards D. H. Byrd. Co-founder of the Civil Air Patrol.

After Mac Wallace was convicted of murdering his wife's paramour Doug Kinzer and then immediately released by the presiding judge, he was hired by and made a manager with a company titled Ling-Temco-Vought corporation "LTV."

Owned by whom you may ask?

D.H. Byrd of course, in partnership with Ling and Vought.

LBJ's hitman boy Wallace was taken care of by LBJ's friend D.H. Byrd.

It's all a connected web.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I always enjoyed Frazier's Mayberry RFD innocently honest country boy part in the whole affair.

It was a refreshing contrast to the typical cast of often duplicitous characters who spoke with better vocabularies.

Frazier's account of his standing up to a slap threatening Will Fritz when Frazier refused to sign an involvement statement will always be a favorite.

"If you hit me we's gonna have one helluva fight!"

Fritz backed down!

Go Buell Wesley...GO!

The job LHO did get is interesting.  But also of some importance IMO,  is the job he did not get.

That was the better paid job offered by Robert Adams of the T.E.C., I believe it was about a cargo handler at an airport ?

Anyway it was said to be a better paid job, and would be around the same time as the TSBD offer. 

I don't recall al the details, he missed it because of a mis-communication or something like that.  Something about Robert

Adams making 2 calls that never got through to LHO ?

Frazier played no part in this. Ruth Paine appeared to be determined to get LHO in to the TSBD, the vague testimony of Ruth Paine in this regard is in stark contrast to Frazier's sister's testimony. 

Mr Ball: And then you also mentioned the TSBD?

Mrs Randle: Well, I didn't know there was a job opening over there.

Mr Ball: But you did mention it?

Mrs Randle: But we said he might try over there. There might be work there because it was busy season but I didn't have any previous knowledge that there was any job opening.

... in fact, Mrs Paine asked me if I would call and see if there was a job available and I told her, no, that I didn't know anybody over there, and if she wanted to call over the place she would have to do it because I didn't know if there was any job openings over there.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Mrs Paine: ...Mrs Randle mentioned that her younger brother thought they needed another person at the TSBD where Wesley worked.

Marina then asked me, after we had gone home, asked me if I would call

16 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

The job LHO did get is interesting.  But also of some importance IMO,  is the job he did not get.

That was the better paid job offered by Robert Adams of the T.E.C., I believe it was about a cargo handler at an airport ?

Anyway it was said to be a better paid job, and would be around the same time as the TSBD offer. 

I don't recall al the details, he missed it because of a mis-communication or something like that.  Something about Robert

Adams making 2 calls that never got through to LHO ?

Also worth bearing in mind is the tsbd job was much closer to his 1026 north Beckley apartment than the love field job. It's possible LHO would have needed to get two buses in the morning and two again in the evening in order to get to the love field job. Whereas the tsbd job could be reached using just one bus that would drop him off at the corner of elm and Houston.

3 hours ago, Gerry Down said:

Also worth bearing in mind is the tsbd job was much closer to his 1026 north Beckley apartment than the love field job. It's possible LHO would have needed to get two buses in the morning and two again in the evening in order to get to the love field job. Whereas the tsbd job could be reached using just one bus that would drop him off at the corner of elm and Houston.

I agree.

Good point.

Transportation was always a more important consideration with non-driving Oswald. A two bus trip one way requirement ( versus just one ) would be a big turn off to me.

On 10/22/2023 at 9:39 PM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

Frazier's sister said that Ruth Paine asked her to call about getting Oswald a job at the TSBD.

Frazier defended Oswald and repeatedly gave a description of the bag Oswald took to work that ruled it out as a bag that could have been used to carry the rifle into the building.

Edited by Michael Griffith

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.  Wes should be asked things like how could Linne Mae have possibly seen LHO putting a package in the far side door of Wes car, through the tightly slatted carport wall from the kitchen side door?  Per FBI photos.

4 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Wes should be asked things like how could Linne Mae have possibly seen LHO putting a package in the far side door of Wes car, through the tightly slatted carport wall from the kitchen side door?  Per FBI photos.

Nancy Weiford contributed a two part feature article for DPUK's 'Dealey Plaza Echo' for the 60th anniversary two part edition.  (Buell Wesley Frazier: A Person of Interest.)  For that article, Nancy interviewed Buell Wesley Frazier back in March 2023.  On the issue of Linnie's view of Wes' car & LHO putting the package into the back seat, Nancy writes:- "She eventually made several statements about this incident.  Some details did not mesh with the line of sight she would have had either from the window or from the kitchen back door.  The carport had long wooden slats on the north side that hampered the view of Wesley's car she would have needed to see in order to observe Oswald actually place the sack in the car.  Later, she adjusted her original statement to indicate she hadn't actually seen him do that, but she heard the sound of the rear car door which was the only one unlocked.  From that sound, perhaps she assumed he had placed the long sack inside the car."

Oswald then appeared at the kitchen door, minus the sack that Linnie had seen him with through her kitchen window. 

On 10/23/2023 at 2:39 AM, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

According to Ruth Paine's WC testimony she stated that when she rang the TSBD to ask if there was a possibility of a job opening for Oswald, Roy Truly said he didn't know whether he had an opening, and that the young man should apply himself in person.

Because Buell was working plenty of overtime at the TSBD, Linnie May Randle suggested that specific employer as a possibility to Ruth Paine.

I don't see Buell Frazier being involved with any information of a job vacancy at the TSBD.  Information please.