The Education Forum

Cyril Wecht has passed on

BTW, when you watch that HSCA testimony, note that they are trying to discredit him with Guinn's NAA results.

Got that?

In other words, its rubbish they are throwing at him.  That is how desperate they are.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Len Osanic is putting together a two week tribute to Cyril Wecht.

This week will be Gary Aguilar, Dawna Kauffman, and me.

Next week I think will be David Mantik, Mike Cheeser and I think Vince. 

Big maybes are Tanenbaum and Oliver Stone.

No one does it like Black Op Radio. Thanks Len. Cyril deserves it.

Very sad news for anyone interested in truth. I attended his 2003 symposium at Duquense University. One of the nation's leading pathologists, he saw something was amiss in the medical autopsy from day one. Here is Dr. Wecht back in 1988 warning us of the danger of coup d'etats in America. 

https://gil-jesus.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/05/wecht_expose-elements.mp4

He truly was a great man and my condolences go out to his family and friends.

I'm sorry to learn of Dr. Wecht's passing, as are many of us here. I always enjoyed seeing him in documentaries and hearing him share his expertise. He got right to the point, often with good humor and enthusiasm. He gave us many valuable contributions to our understanding of this case, and for that I am grateful. He will be missed.

This is terrible....I'll never forget (listening to and learning from) seeing him when I was quite young. My heart goes out to his family and I cannot thank him enough for being a powerful and critical beacon for understanding the tragedy of 11/22/63.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is a bit out of order which makes it hard to follow.

But if you want to see how bad the HSCA really was, watch it all the way through.

Even Stokes and Dodd sold him down the river.  But he fought on with the good fight.

Then Cong. Christopher Dodd is the son of front row seat Kennedy-hater Sen. Thomas Dodd who celebrated the murder of JFK. Rightwing CIA war hawk Sen. Thomas Dodd also a buddy of Lyndon Johnson. Sen. Thomas Dodd was also the top congressional sponsor of GENERAL EDWARD LANSDALE - who is thought by some (me included) - to have been deeply involved in the JFK assassination.

Jim DiEugenio, from “Ed Butler: Expert in Propaganda and Psychological Warfare, from Jan. 10, 2004:

https://kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-articles/ed-butler-expert-in-propaganda-and-psychological-warfare

Butler's role in the assassination tale now gets even more interesting. For as Time magazine noted in its 11/29/63 issue, "Even before Lee Oswald was formally charged with the murder, CBS put on the air an Oswald interview taped by a New Orleans station last August." That night, according to New Orleans Magazine, Butler and the INCA staff churned out news releases about Oswald in order to offset the "rightist" and "John Bircher" charges flying about. Then, Senator Thomas Dodd, who ran the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee, was called up by Butler. Conservative Democrat Dodd was very friendly with the CIA and was a personal and professional enemy of Kennedy, opposing him on his African anti-colonialism policy in the Congo. Dodd was out of Washington on November 22nd but booked a special flight back and announced to his staff, "I am a friend of the new administration!" Dodd then began to mimic and deride those who were bereaved over Kennedy's death. He topped it all off with this: "I'll say of John Kennedy what I said of Pope John the day he died. It will take us fifty years to undo the damage he did to us in three years."

UNQUOTE

Lyndon Johnson toyed with the idea of making his close friend Sen. Thomas Dodd his Vice Presidential candidate in 1964

“Loyal lieutenant: On the ticket with LBJ,” Iric Nathanson, MinnPost, May 24, 2011”

https://www.minnpost.com/politics-policy/2011/05/loyal-lieutenant-ticket-lbj/

Two senators fly to Washington
Then, as the Atlantic City Convention was getting under way, Johnson flew Humphrey to Washington to meet with him at the White House. In order to throw the press off guard, the president also summoned Connecticut Sen. Thomas Dodd. The Connecticut senator would later issue a statement saying that he did not wish to be considered for the vice presidential nomination.

At about 5 p.m. on the afternoon of Aug. 27, Humphrey was ushered into the Oval Office for a face-to-face meeting with Johnson. At that meeting, Johnson finally asked Humphrey if he wanted to be vice president. “I said, ‘Yes,’ and he (Johnson) asked simply, “Why would you want to have the job? You know it is a thankless one,” the former vice president would later write.

Now that Johnson’s decision was public, it generated widespread approval from editorial writers all over the country. Humphrey’s hometown paper, the Minneapolis Tribune, declared: “In choosing Sen. Hubert Humphrey as his running mate and vice presidential nominee, President Johnson picked for that high duty the best possible man of all the available Democrats.’ The New York Times agreed. “The nomination of Senator Humphrey for Vice President is deserved recognition of capacity, public service and personal growth,” the paper observed.”

National convention delegates in Atlantic City quickly ratified Johnson’s choice, and the Johnson-Humphrey ticket would go on to win a landside victory in November, winning 61 percent of the popular vote that year.

UNQUOTE

Author Max Boot: Senator Thomas Dodd – a man who celebrated the death of JFK and who was a close friend of LBJ – was Lansdale’s top congressional sponsor in 1965

Luckily for Lansdale, he did find another supporter: Senator Thomas Dodd, Democrat of Connecticut, a friend of Humphrey’s, a former Nurenberg prosecutor, and a Cold War hawk who would soon experience a precipitous downfall – he would be censured by the Senate in 1967 for diverting campaign funds to personal use. (His son Christopher would later follow him into the Senate.) Dodd wrote to the president on February 23, 1965, urging the dispatch of a “special liaison group” to help the embassy in Saigon “to establish the broadest and most effective possible liaison with the army leaders, with the Buddhists, with the intellectual community, and with the Vietnamese political leaders.” Attached was a list of eight men whom Dodd suggested sending. The very first name on the list was Edward Lansdale, who “enjoys a near legendary reputation in the Far East.”

As normally happens, this missive wound up on the desk of the Vietnam expert at the National Security Council, a post formerly filled by Roger Hilsman and Michael Forrestal and now held by CIA officer Chester L. Cooper. His reaction as both wary and weary. “I know the President sometimes must get the feeling that he is being pursued by Lansdale or, at least, by the advocates of Lansdale,” he wrote to National Security Adviser McGeorge Bundy. “For whatever it’s worth, I am in close contact with the General and am on the receiving end of a considerable number of ideas and projects which he and his friends have advanced. Some of these are quite interesting, and we are exploring them. It may well be Lansdale could be more effectively used than he is a present – either here or in Saigon. But Lansdale is one thing – a platoon of Lansdales is another.

On July 27, 1965, five months after his first letter, Senator Dodd tried again, writing to the president, “Because of the grave situation in Vietnam, I again wish to urge that some consideration be given to assigning Major General Edward G. Lansdale to Vietnam.” This time, however, the response was not a curt dismissal. At the bottom of Dodd’s letter, Lyndon Johnson scrawled, “Tell him I’m going to get Lansdale out to Viet Nam.”

UNQUOTE

[Max Boot, The Road Not Taken, pp. 452-453]

By December 30, 1964 Lyndon Johnson  was specifically asking for men like Gen. Edward Lansdale and Lucien Conein to be sent to Vietnam

On December 30, 1964, the president wrote to Ambassador Taylor suggesting that “we ought to be ready to make full use of the specialized skills of men who are skillful with Vietnamese, even if they are not always the easiest men to handle in a country team…. To put it another way, I continue to believe that we should have the most sensitive, persistent, and attentive Americans that we can find in touch with the Vietnamese of every kind and quality.” (italics added). The original draft of Johnson’s letter had included the words “of the general type of Lansdale and Conein” in place of “men who are skillful with the Vietnamese”; McGeorge Bundy must have blown a gasket and taken the names out, but the meaning remained clear.

UNQUOTE

[Max Boot, The Road Not Taken: Edward Lansdale and the American Tragedy in Vietnam, p. 448]

Edited by Robert Morrow

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 10:47 AM, James DiEugenio said:

You got that right Sandy.

What a bad day to wake up and learn of this.

Rest in peace, my friend.

One of the great privileges of my life was being invited to Dr. Wecht's home for a get-together, and having a long talk with his wife and family. He was a feisty one, but also a classy one. A year or so later, at the Bethesda Conference, he expressed remorse at being unable to attend my presentation on the single-bullet theory. So I told him I could show him the highlights on my computer. But no, he wanted it all. So I went through an hour-and-a-half presentation with him, right there in a booth set up to promote his conference videos. He was attentive, and totally interested--never made me feel like I was boring him. 

Although he was interviewed on camera many times, and showed his feisty nature many times, my favorite Cyril moment on camera came at the 1993 Chicago conference, when Dr. John Lattimer tried to show him up in front of the audience.

This moment can be seen at the end of this ridiculously long video put out by Matt Douthit, of the two of us watching Lattimer's presentation, that has well over a thousand views at this point. No big deal right? Except the video is over 5 hours long. 

I know most people don't have that kind of time. So if you want to see Cyril you should skip to the last few minutes. 

Edited by Pat Speer

Dr. Wecht was an amazingly intellectual person, yet, he could give an hour long description of the wounds that were inflicted upon the president, while explaining that they could not have been caused in any other way than that which he described.  And, all being done in a way that everyone in the room could understand, regardless of educational background.  He was truly one of a kind, in so many ways, and the lack of his presence will be extremely noticeable in any major forum discussing the assassination. He will be sorely missed!

I just spoke for a half hour to Len Osanic from BlackOp radio who is doing a tribute to Dr. Cyril Wecht. It was extra special for me knowing Dr. Wecht because he was from my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA and I am a Duquesne University alumni member, as well (we also appeared on The Men Who Killed Kennedy, albeit different episodes, and on the 2021 UK documentary The Assassination of JFK, filmed during Covid at the same Pittsburgh hotel in January 2021). The late Tom Wilson (TMWKK) and Jerrol Custer (JFK x-ray tech) were also from Pittsburgh and connected to Dr. Wecht.

15 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Len Osanic is putting together a two week tribute to Cyril Wecht.

This week will be Gary Aguilar, Dawna Kauffman, and me.

Next week I think will be David Mantik, Mike Cheeser and I think Vince. 

Big maybes are Tanenbaum and Oliver Stone.

No one does it like Black Op Radio. Thanks Len. Cyril deserves it.

Hi, Jim! Correct- I just wrapped up my BlackOp tribute to the great Dr. Wecht. I gave you a huge compliment in the midst of waxing on about Dr. Wecht.

Was so sad to hear Dr. Wecht passed, but oh man, what a full and amazing life he lived. 

He inspired so many of us to “keep searching for the truth,” as he said at his last JFK conference in November. 

Now the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans. 

We won’t let you down, Cyril. 

Had to watch his 2017 speech at the 6th Floor Museum again last night. It was a barn-burner! Something about being in that building really brought out the fire in his belly!