The Education Forum

MARK LANE HAS PASSED AWAY

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mark-lane-author-of-best-selling-book-rush-to-judgment-on-president-kennedys-assassination-dies-at-89-300267265.html

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., May 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Mark Lane, famed Civil Rights attorney and author of the best-selling book, "Rush to Judgment," which detailed the facts of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, died late last night at his home in Charlottesville, Virginia, at the age of 89. Lane, who was with his wife, Trish, at the time, suffered a heart attack and collapsed in her arms. He is survived by his wife and his three daughters, Anne Marie, Christina and Vita.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I met Mark Lane in February 1992 during his PLAUSIBLE DENIAL book tour at Borders Books in Pittsburgh, PA. There were 500+ people: the case was red-hot during the halcyon days of the JFK movie (bookstores had "JFK assassination" sections- remember?). That time period from 1988-1993 (pre-Posner LOL) were amazing days.

It was an honor to be mentioned on several pages of Mark's 2012 book THE LAST WORD. I went from a relatively unknown person when I met him as a "fan" to HIM asking ME if he could use my stuff; pretty cool.

He was a legend. It was watching his filmed interviews with witnesses that got me hooked the most on researching the assassination.

God bless Mark Lane, and may he be justly rewarded for a life of dedication to the truth.

I spent about fifteen minutes with Mark at the 2013 Wecht Conference in Pittsburgh, waiting for a shuttle to Dr. Wecht's house. He was more humble and gracious than I expected. Perhaps old age had mellowed him a bit. I asked him a pointed question and he didn't flinch. I asked him if he actually believed the story told by Marita Lorenz in the Hunt trial. He said it wasn't for him to judge. He said she'd worked as a snitch for several police departments and if they trusted her who was he to argue. I was also present when someone else asked him about his role in the Jonestown massacre, and whether or not he believed Jim Jones was set up or murdered. I don't remember his exact words but I remember feeling some relief when he failed to take the bait and blame the massacre on the CIA. As I recall, he said something about everything going crazy and his running through the jungle in fear for his life. His voice grew soft while he was talking about it.

In any event he didn't come across as the shameless self-promoter some would like you to believe he was.

Rest in peace, Mark.

This is indeed sad news. I first met Mark in 1967 - in the "good old days" of initial research. I was beyond flattered when he asked me to contribute to the Citizens Committee of Inquiry and it was through Mark that I met west coast researchers such as Fred Newcomb, Perry Adams, and others. Though he and I and Harold Weisberg often agreed to disagree, he never failed to answer any query I put his way.

Rest in peace, Mark.

yeah, i just read it, too, from @Pauley Perrette, Abby on NCIS, who was good friends with him somehow - sorry to hear this, I still hold "Plausible Denial" as one of my favorites. Sad for his friends and family, but at least now he knows...

Edited by Glenn Nall

Wherever Mark Lane's spirit is at the moment, he now has all the answers to what happened to President Kennedy, DPD Officer Tippit, Lee Harvey Oswald, who orchestrated it & which of the two radically different spiritual afterlife residences (one or the other of which await us all after our time on Earth passes) the victims & perpetrator(s) reside forever. In many ways, I envy him at this moment, even though whatever Mark Lane experienced in death hasn't happened to me just yet. In time, I'll get there too, experience death & share in the knowledge he has now. Eventually we all will.

For the benefit of those Education Forum members & visitors not as old as I am, I can give some personal insight of what it was like to save up school lunch or paper route money, buy Mr. Lane's 1966 blockbuster book, 'Rush To Judgement' and the reception they probably would have received had they stood up in front of their class & given a book report on it in late 1966 or 1967, following the release of Life magazines' monumental issue 'A Matter Of Reasonable Doubt', the four 1967 CBS TV Specials defending the WC and the equally spectacular books, 'Six Seconds In Dallas' by Josiah Thompson and 'Accessories After The Fact' by Sylvia Meager. Mr. Lane was like the 1st man on the moon when compared to the others.

As distinguished JFK researcher/author/speaker David Lifton instructs us in his 2013 Bismarck College speech & lecture (posted at YouTube), Mark Lane, like most good Defense attorneys, presented his work to the global public as Reality #2. Each & every bit of evidence presented as proof the accused is guilty of a crime in Reality #1 is scrutinized, re-analyzed & offered to the jury (global public) as proof doubt exists in the evidence, the Prosecutor's theory & it's possible the accused is not guilty of the crime as charged. Sometimes, those law enforcement officials that collected & initially analyzed the evidence against the accused are alleged to be the real perpetrators of crime as argued by the accused's Defense.

Reality #1 consists of a Prosecutor's viewpoint: evidence against the accused is unimpeachable, no fraud exists in it or the conduct of investigators that collected & analyzed it and it collectively leads to the inescapable conclusion that the accused is obviously guilty of the crime as charged & deserving of the punishment assessed by the jury or judge. Examples within the pages of the Education Forum's JFK debate of researchers that adhere to Reality #1 would include posts authored by David Von Pein. Outside the forum, examples would include the late Vincent Bugliosi, Gerald Posner & John McAdams.

Education Forum member distinguished, respected researchers like Pat Speer & James DiEugenio adhere to Reality #2. I can't count the times I've read their exposes & analysis & felt sick to my stomach in that the system failed to correct the issues those respected researchers have found wrong in the history of the JFK assassination. Why wasn't Lyndon Johnson or J. Edgar Hoover (among others) arrested & held accountable? How could so many 'high crimes & misdemeanors' slip past so many Senators, Congressmen & MSM news editors back then in the days closer to when the murder of JFK happened?

A simple illustration of the two radically different realities can be found in most trials. In the OJ murder trial, Reality #1 was the allegations that OJ savagely murdered his former wife & her Good Samaritan friend. Reality #2 was the 'Dream Team's' allegations that the LAPD introduced fraud in the evidence, indicating OJ was a patsy. The suspect evidence indicated someone else had killed those two unfortunate victims. The jury bought into Reality #2 & acquitted OJ. He walked out of the trial a free, unconvicted man. The jury bought into Reality #2 in the Casey Anthony trial. Like OJ before her, Ms. Anthony walked out of what many considered a 'slam dunk' trial a free, unconvicted woman.

In late 1966/1967, a high school student that stood up in front of their class (trying not to be distracted by the sea of mini-skirts in front of them) & gave a 'faithful to the author' book report on Mark Lane's 'Rush To Judgement' would probably have incurred the disgust & wrath of their teacher & school officials higher up the school administration food chain they soon would be visiting & meeting. They probably would have been held after class or school & repeatedly lectured on the evils of spreading 'communist propaganda' & unpatriotism. For males, harassment might ensue (like unexpectedly being yanked out of class & sent home to get an 'acceptable' haircut or placed in ROTC classes). School work might be graded harsher. To suggest elements in the government at that period of time were criminals that the built-in 'check & balance' system written into the Constitution failed to identify, punish & replace went against the grain of everything the school system stood for.

What I've briefly described would intensify for several years until things dramatically changed after Watergate & Richard Nixon became the 1st President to resign.

Mark Lane leaves us a legacy of a Truth Seeker of the highest order. Many of the issues he presented to the public in the suspicious murder of President Kennedy have yet to be universally resolved.

Biblical Truth Seekers that immediately come to my mind include Moses, Jesus & John The Baptist. Two of them would be murdered by members of their peers for their efforts on Earth. I believe Mark Lane to be in the company of all 3. To finish life in their esteemed company is as good as it can get IMHO.

R.I.P. Mark Lane. My heartfelt condolences to his family for their enormous loss.

Brad Milch

Edited by Brad Milch

When his book Rush to Judgment came out, I recall dismissing it out of hand based on a negative review in Time Magazine. I'm ashamed to think what a sheep I was in those days. RIP.

CTKA will be coming out with a notice this evening.

The thing about Mark Lane is this--he kept the issue alive through the Dark Year of 1964.

The WC and the FBI just wanted the thing to disappear, while they massaged the minds of the public through their surrogate media assets.

Mark Lane did everything one man could do to keep the issue alive that year.

Len will have his famous debate with four advocates of the WC up at his site next week.