The Education Forum

Buell Frazier's Book Set For 2020 Release

Rob Clark

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

I was also puzzled with the description of Lee Oswald's hair. This is Mr. Frazier's answer during Clay Shaw trial:

Q: What colored hair did Lee Harvey Oswald have, as you recalled?

A:  He had a light colored hair. It looked like he had blond, kind of blond browny, maybe it had a red tint to it.

I seriously doubt that this is a correct description of Lee Oswald's hair. 

Andrej,

I believe there were two Oswalds, Harvey and Lee.  I differ from the Harvey and Lee folks on where Lee was in the fall of 1959.  I believe he also made the trip to Russia.  In in this montage you will see an Oswald that I think is Lee Oswald in the left hand photo.  It is my strong belief that Lee Oswald was edited out of the photo record.  The use of face masks in photo editing is the simplest and easiest technique.  It is Lee Oswald with Harvey's face added.  

His hair is thicker, somewhat curly, and lighter in color than Harvey's.  The photos in this montage are contemporaneous.   So, during that period a hair pattern should not change in a one or two year period.  Contemporaneous at least to the period 1958-1960.

lee-and-harvey-and-marina.jpg

13 hours ago, Andrej Stancak said:

In contrast to these memory lapses, Mr. Frazier newly explained the reasons of his fear that had accompanied him since the day of assassination. It was related to his witnessing of a man with a rifle in the area in front of the Depository. Mr. Frazier saw this man when he (Frazier) went out to find Lovelady and Shelley. Mr. Frazier was just 20 yards away from the steps and just turned around to walk back when he saw a man with a rifle walking from the area of railroad tracks or Grassy Knoll. Mr. Frazier provided a detailed description of this man: he wore light-beige slacks with a white shirt and a tie amd light brown shoes, and he had a brown-colored plaid tweed sport coat with a brown fedora; he was apparently in his late thirties. By that time Mr. Frazier knew President had been shot and he was terrified seeing a person with a rifle who would not be dressed as a police officer. That man looked at Mr. Frazier and said: "Don't worry, I didn't see anything". He opened the trunk of his car and Frazier saw a shotgun in the trunk. 

This montage gives one an idea where Frazier saw things:

Frazier-view-20-yards-from-steps.jpg

If Frazier was 20 feet from the end of the building he would be able to see some of the parking lot.  I haven't studied the Croft photo, but in looks like some editing was done with the vehicles the closest to the TSBD.

Frazier said he man he saw talked to him.  That indicates he was close.  So, in Croft the vehicle he was talking about could be a station wagon and in front of it is an edited strip different from the back ground that could have replaced another automobile there.

Looking at the left hand photo, Frazier could definitely see into the parking lot.  Now, was that vehicle parked directly in front of the west end of the TSBD, or further back into the parking lot?  

Edited by John Butler

17 hours ago, John Deignan said:

Andrej, just to be clear Buell was the one that said “Don’t worry, I didn’t see anything.” 
  I can understand being scared and not talking about the incident but once he started to speak at engagements why not mention it?

John: 

It was the Buell Wesley Frazier who said that, I explained it clumsily (I will correct this bit in my previous post). Let me quote from the book, page 163:

"As I explained earlier, after the president's motorcade sped off, Mr. Shelley and Billy took off to the grassy knoll area. I walked down to the bottom of the steps, where I had been standing, and I looked toward the triple underpass. I figured I'd walk down to find Mr. Shelley and Billy to see if the knew anything. I walked just twenty yards before I realized there was no way going to find them.

As I paused to turn around to go back to the entrance of the Texas School Book Depository, a man walked up carrying a rifle. 

He wore a light-beige slacks with a white shirt and tie and light-brown shoes, and he had a brow-colored plaid tweed sports coat with a brown fedora. I think he was in his late thirties.

When he walked up and I saw him with the rifle, my heart jumped into my throat. I knew the president had been shot, and I was now face-to-face with someone not in police clothing carrying a weapon.

I was terrified.

He bored a hole right through me with his brown eyes, and I said, "Don't worry, I didn't see anything". 

Without missing a beat, he opened the trunk of his car, and I saw what happened to be a pump shotgun. He put his rifle he was carrying in the trunk and shut it. 

He was calm and never said a word to me, but I'll never forget his face. 

I turned around and headed back to the front steps of the Texas School Book Depository.

At the same time, I heard the car door open and close, the car start, and him pull out of the angled parking spot. I never looked back as I walked toward the entrance of the building and then to the corner of Houston and Elm, where a couple was standing"

Edited by Andrej Stancak

I am not the judge here, and never was in a situation even remotely resembling Buell Wesley Frazier's experience during the day of assassination, however, it is a fact that he chopped off from his relevant testimonies (such as the one for the Warren Commission) both his encounter with a man with a rifle who was leaving the assassination scene and his sighting of Lee Oswald who clearly had to leave from the back of the building, not via the main entrance a few minutes after the assassination. Had he mentioned the presence of a man with a rifle in that critical area and so close to the shooting, Lee Oswald's fate could have been different because the Police would have a reason to think of somebody else's than Lee Oswald's involvement.

Edited by Andrej Stancak

Several people had spotted a man in a brown suit coat on the 6th floor. Wonder if this could be the same guy? Only thing is that the man on the 6th floor had glasses on. BWF didn't mention any glasses so maybe it's not the same guy.

Also, if it was a station wagon could it be the elusive Nash Rambler wagon that picks up Oswald spotted by Roger Craig?

Edited by Jamey Flanagan

I informed Frazier about the complete audio of his HSCA interview I posted on my YouTube channel. He was pleased by that. He said he neither have any copy of it or any transcript of it. Yet some of those who know that I do and worked with him with his book never informed him of it. I’m used to have my material ignored, so I’m not surprised nobody wanted to let him know. I asked him if he remembers Warren Caster or anyone else with a rifle in the TSBD in the days prior to the assassination. He does not.

Frazier told me he would get back to me about identifying people in photos and films. I sent him this link. When I asked 2 weeks later if he had time to watch the video, he said he had not. I guess he never will. If I had offer him $100, he would have had!!!

This sounds a litttle fishy.  

Frazier, after Shelly and Lovelady (finally) head towards the GK/RR yards, decides to go look for them.  After 20 yards, not quite to the GK, crowd too big, won't be able to find S & L.  Turns around, man with rifle, face to face.  

But nobody in that crowd saw this guy with the rifle?  After all these years.

"I didn't see anything".

"my heart jumped into my throat"  (but he didn't choke).

"he bored a hole right through me with his eyes".

7 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Frazier, after Shelly and Lovelady (finally) head towards the GK/RR yards, decides to go look for them.  After 20 yards, not quite to the GK, crowd too big, won't be able to find S & L.  Turns around, man with rifle, face to face.  

"I didn't see anything".

You can see 20 yards down the Elm extension in the Wiegman footage. I can see at least one white car parked on the south side of the Elm extension facing east.

What moron gunman would shoot from the GK and walk up Elm street with a rifle? He must have been dodging people running down that way ... the same people running that way looking for a guy with a gun.

33 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

"I didn't see anything".

Smells more than a little fishy.

I will say this: if Frazier added that bit to boost sales, epic fail- my own new book has enjoyed much better daily Amazon rankings than his (although Tink Thompson's new book is blowing BOTH of our books away. Tink is a super star, I am "known" but not a super star, while Frazier's book was released very low key and does not, at first glance, look like a JFK assassination book).

I am surprised that Dave Perry, Gus Russo and Hugh Aynesworth allowed that bit to appear in his book, as it is (obviously) very pro-conspiracy and such a late-date revelation.

I think Buell made a mistake allowing his book to become too much of an autobiography. Let's face it: no one gives a rat's behind that he loves baseball and coached a little league team! Details, details, details...about Oswald and the assassination are what we want to read about. Then again, if he did not include his Warren Commission and Clay Shaw testimony at the end, without the biographical detail, there may not have been enough for an actual book, per se; more like a magazine article. 

25 minutes ago, Vince Palamara said:

I will say this: if Frazier added that bit to boost sales, epic fail

If Frazier did not witness the event, it was a clever addition. There are vague references to Bowers seeing someone placing a rifle into the trunk of a car. 

Re: Debra Conway interview with Olan Degaugh.

1 hour ago, Tony Krome said:

If Frazier did not witness the event, it was a clever addition. There are vague references to Bowers seeing someone placing a rifle into the trunk of a car. 

Re: Debra Conway interview with Olan Degaugh.

The sad reality is this: even IF true, any lone-nutter (or lawyer) worth a lick will dismiss it as a over-57-year-old revelation that is impossible to prove. It is footnote material at best.

1 hour ago, Vince Palamara said:

The sad reality is this: even IF true, any lone-nutter (or lawyer) worth a lick will dismiss it as a over-57-year-old revelation that is impossible to prove. It is footnote material at best.

Frazier says;

When he walked up and I saw him with the rifle, my heart jumped into my throat. I knew the president had been shot, and I was now face-to-face with someone not in police clothing carrying a weapon.

I was terrified.

He bored a hole right through me with his brown eyes, and I said, "Don't worry, I didn't see anything". 

But his appetite was not affected. He went straight to the basement and ate his lunch ...