The Education Forum

Buell Frazier's Book Set For 2020 Release

Rob Clark

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Isn't it true that Frazier said that he didn't see Oswald leave the building? Yet on at least one occasion he said the he saw Oswald leaving the building from the east side? (Not that he exited the building through an eastern door, but rather walked away from the building on the east side.)

He has stated that at various times, and in his last hour long 6th Floor Museum discussion with Fagan he states that he stood on the steps and watched Oswald come up Houston St. as though he left from the rear of the building and walk up to Main St., hang a left, and disappeared around the corner.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Rob Clark said:

He has stated that at various times, and in his last hour long 6th Floor Museum discussion with [Fagin] he states that he stood on the steps and watched Oswald come up Houston St. as though he left from the rear of the building and walk up to Main St., hang a left, and disappeared around the corner.

Yeah, that's what I remember reading about. Thanks Rob.

Why would Frazier change his testimony like that decades after the fact? The timing is a little suspicious because it was right around the time that the PM-is-LHO hypothesis was gaining momentum (2013) that Frazier made this surprise announcement.

Edited by Sandy Larsen

39 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Yeah, that's what I remember reading about. Thanks Rob.

Why would Frazier change his testimony like that decades after the fact? The timing is a little suspicious because it was right around the time that the PM-is-LHO hypothesis was gaining momentum (2013) that Frazier made this surprise announcement.

I'm pretty sure Frazier first made his claim he saw Oswald walk out from behind the building in '02, in his Sixth Floor Museum Oral History. Having collected and studied the eyewitness statements to a greater degree than most, it doesn't surprise me at all that Frazier would add something to his story 40 years on. Most of them do.

17 hours ago, Rob Clark said:

I just mean that it was inferred by the WC and others that the rifle had to broken down to get the dimensions closer to what Frazier said he saw. If not, you're talking about Frazier being "mistaken" by at least 14 inches, which is what I would call waaaaay off, not merely mistaken. As for the HSCA transcript I posted, it was not done by me. I sent Frazier's entire 3-4 hour HSCA audio to someone Stu Wexler found who can hopefully clean it up.

Thanks, Rob.

P.S. We agree that what LNs presume was Frazier's "mistake" about the bag is most unlikely. His description, from the beginning, was of a bag much smaller than the bag shown him on the night of the assassination. And when shown the bag he stated flat-out that it was not the bag, and passed a lie detector when doing so.

When I first started writing about this I made a decent discovery, IMO.  After being shown a mock-up of the bag by the FBI, and placing this faux bag in his car, etc, Frazier told the FBI he thought the bag Oswald had that day was 27" long and 6" wide. 27 x 6 = 162.  The bag now in the archives is by my estimation (no exact measurements have ever been provided)  38 x 8.875, which comes out to  337.25 sq. inches. This means the bag shown Frazier--assuming it was the bag sent on to the FBI--was more than twice as large as the bag he recalled seeing in Oswald's possession.

Well, heck, it's no wonder then that he failed to ID the bag. I mean, it wasn't even close to what he remembered.

I've found this simple math useful, moreover, when explaining the situation to newbies. While a lot of people buy into the Warren Commission's proposition Frazier could confuse a 38 inch bag for a 27 inch bag, very few will buy into the proposition he could confuse a 337 sq in item on the back of seat of his car for a 162 sq inch item on the back seat of his car. It's like mistaking a Great Dane for a Beagle, or a German Shepherd for a Corgi.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:00 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

In Buell Wesley Frazier's version, the bag was about 5-6 inches wide and 27-28 inches tall. But here comes the problem because a package of this height would not fit the distance between the armpit and a cupped hand which is how allegedly Lee carried that bag. This distance is 21 inches (please see the thread "Curtain rods revisited" for more details) much shorter than what Mr Frazier and his sister told it was.

In Frazier's testimony, he said that the package "would be around two feet, give and take a few inches."

On 3/8/2020 at 10:54 PM, Joe Bauer said:

Did Frazier's sister ever say she also saw Oswald with a paper wrapped object when she saw Oswald through the kitchen window the morning of 11,22,1963?

She said she saw him out of the kitchen window as he was crossing the street towards their house.

randle-window.jpgrandle-window2.jpg

46 minutes ago, John Iacoletti said:

She said she saw him out of the kitchen window as he was crossing the street towards their house.

randle-window.jpgrandle-window2.jpg

While some have called Randle a xxxx due to her claiming she saw Oswald walk up to Frazier's car, Frazier has explained that she opened a door into the garage and that she could see Oswald through the side of the garage, as it was just slats, with slits between the slats.

This is apparent in this photo, IMO. I don't recall ever seeing a garage with slats on its side so anyone can see in, or out, but it sure looks like we have just that.

21 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

This is apparent in this photo, IMO. I don't recall ever seeing a garage with slats on its side so anyone can see in, or out, but it sure looks like we have just that.

Depends on what angle the slats are mounted.  The FBI photo seems to show light coming though, but I can't make out any car supposedly sitting on the other side, much less the ability to see somebody putting a package into a particular car door.

image152.jpg.989fa047745d59b2ef676d498f1

I agree, that it is a tough sell.  But that is the way I feel about their whole story.

It is one of those things in the literature that just was accepted for too long.

3 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

And when shown the bag he stated flat-out that it was not the bag, and passed a lie detector when doing so.

Be nice to have those lie detector results...too bad they are not in evidence anywhere. How do you reckon he passed? I've heard differently.

What we do have is  report from an FBI agent who was working the case real time with DPD  He relates that he was briefed on the polygraph and on the non identification of the bag...adamant non identification....amazingly the DPD polygraph disappeared and most officers were hesitant to talk about it at all given how it would have affected the case against Oswald.  And of course his report was not cited in the FBI report on the assassination.

I have written and blogged about the FBI report a number of times but I don't know if it is on line; I had a hard copy from NARA.