The Education Forum

JFKA Forum Journals of the Plague Year?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Type in any three digit number into google search and the phrase “new cases”.

Example; 412 “new cases”

curious.

I don't find it too curious. To me it's nothing more than probability theory at work.

For instance the first 3 numbers I typed showed results, the next 3 of 5 did not. With enough reporting, you're bound to get almost every iteration of number, you know, based on the law of probability and all...

With that being said, it's possible that I've contracted COV19. While I personally think it's something else (strep throat) I have to be tested before I can be allowed back to work. I have a test today at 2:00, say it will take 3-5 days for results.

8 hours ago, Mark Stevens said:

I don't find it too curious. To me it's nothing more than probability theory at work.

For instance the first 3 numbers I typed showed results, the next 3 of 5 did not. With enough reporting, you're bound to get almost every iteration of number, you know, based on the law of probability and all...

With that being said, it's possible that I've contracted COV19. While I personally think it's something else (strep throat) I have to be tested before I can be allowed back to work. I have a test today at 2:00, say it will take 3-5 days for results.

Mark, here's hoping your test comes back negative.  Ron.

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

"Slow the testing down please" means even More people will die.  Is that not somehow a criminal offense?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/covid-19-will-rage-like-a-forest-fire-in-unprepared-america-top-doc-warns/ar-BB15Pa7z?li=BBnb7Kz

But, Ron, Trump was only joking when he talked about slowing down testing.

Get it?  HA HA HA... Hee hee... heh... oh, wait a minute...  🤥

Senators Find $14 Billion in Unspent Funds After Trump Admits to Ordering Slowdown in Covid-19 Testing

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/22/senators-find-14-billion-unspent-funds-after-trump-admits-ordering-slowdown-covid-19

Edited by W. Niederhut

22 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

"Slow the testing down please" means even More people will die.  Is that not somehow a criminal offense?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/covid-19-will-rage-like-a-forest-fire-in-unprepared-america-top-doc-warns/ar-BB15Pa7z?li=BBnb7Kz

Amazing story if its true.

47 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Ron - I have read the Texas medical Center in Houston is now predicting they may reach overcapacity in about four days. Are people talking about this, or are your local officials extending guidance and cautions?

Link please?

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

Ron - I have read the Texas medical Center in Houston is now predicting they may reach overcapacity in about four days. Are people talking about this, or are your local officials extending guidance and cautions?

Jeff, I peruse the headlines of the Texas Tribune and Austin American Statesman for somewhat less biased news.  Nothing about the Texas Medical Center in Houston caught my eye lately so I  googled and found this.  It's from last Thursday but a 40% increase in two weeks is pretty significant.  If they are maintaining or increasing since then maxing out might be on their radar by now.

https://communityimpact.com/houston/bellaire-meyerland-west-university/coronavirus/2020/06/19/texas-medical-center-sees-over-40-spike-in-covid-19-hospitalizations-in-two-weeks/

Then there is this about Houston from earlier today.  They could become # 1 in the nation per this.

https://abc13.com/doctor-peter-hotez-dr-covid-19-texas-news/6260951/

Another new record today, 5500 new cases statewide.

8 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

this is the twitter thread I saw. the clarification that the overcapacity is several days away is just below the embed (i.e. click on it as a link)

Thanks for the link Jeff. We also need to note the article states that only 381 of the 1,488 ICU beds in use as of the articles publication are COVID-19 positive or presumed cases. The entire ICU is not made up of COVID patients.

Four states, including Florida and Texas, report highest single-day totals

June 25, 2020

The United States reported 36,880 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, the largest one-day total since the start of the pandemic and more than two months after the previous high.

The number of infections indicated that the country was not only failing to contain the virus, but also that the caseload was worsening — a path at odds with many other nations that have seen steady declines after an earlier peak. Cases in the United States had been on a downward trajectory after the previous high of 36,739 cases on April 24, but they have roared back in recent weeks.

The resurgence is concentrated largely in the South and West. Florida, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Texas reported their highest single-day totals on Wednesday, but case numbers have been rising in 29 states.

The tally of new cases, based on a New York Times database, showed that the outbreak was stronger than ever. The elevated numbers are a result of worsening conditions across much of the country, as well as increased testing — but testing alone does not explain the surge. The percentage of people in Florida who have tested positive for the virus has risen sharply. Increases in hospitalizations also signal the virus’s spread.

With his mask draped beneath his chin the President said, Here before a microphone  I can drop my mask to speak with you clearly.  It can and will be disinfected after I do so.  I wear one to protect my Family, the cabinet and my advisors, the Secret Service and others.  You should too.  As he put his mask back on an walked away.  

Blame it on those leftover Colorado chocolate candies from last year.  Daydreaming.  

Edited by Ron Bulman