The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

DOJ ‘preparing’ to indict top Trump fundraiser in scandal over foreign corruption of US government: Washington Post

Published 1 min ago on September 1, 2020

By Bob Brigham

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/doj-preparing-to-indict-top-trump-fundraiser-in-scandal-over-foreign-corruption-of-us-government-washington-post/

“Yet another Trump insider is about to be indicted, according to a new report in The Washington Post.

“Federal prosecutors are preparing to charge longtime GOP fundraiser Elliott Broidy in connection with efforts to influence the U.S. government on behalf of foreign interests, according to people familiar with the matter, a result of a sprawling, years-long investigation that involved a figure who helped raise millions for Donald Trump’s election and the Republican Party,” the newspaper reported. “Broidy is under scrutiny for his alleged role in a campaign to persuade high-level Trump administration officials to drop an investigation of Malaysian government corruption, as well as for his attempt to push for the extradition of an outspoken Chinese dissident back to his home country, according to the people, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation.””

Malaysian corruption money – that’s how Ivanka financed her Vancouver, British Columbia Trump Tower.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Rightwing and libertarian friends of mine have been worried about FEMA camps for a long time, but ‘camps’ are only for detaining lefties. 

No guillotines?  Bummer.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/391953973804652876/

That'll "make the hair stand up on the back of your neck."

Edited by David Andrews

On 8/31/2020 at 8:04 AM, W. Niederhut said:

Cliff,

Can you recommend any good books or on-line references about Harriman?

I knew that he and McGeorge Bundy were Skull & Bones men, but I've never read much about Harriman's history from the 1930s to the 60s.

Thanks for asking.  I’m going to start a new thread on W. Averell Harriman in a day or two.

Trump in Kenosha today!

Trump visited Kenosha, Wisconsin, as protests continue over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. The president toured damaged property with several senior administration officials, including attorney general William Barr, but Trump did not meet with the family of Blake, who was repeatedly shot in the back by Kenosha police. [Blake's family refused to meet the "orange man."] Asked during a roundtable whether he considers violence against people of color to be a systemic problem for police departments, Trump said no.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/sep/01/trump-latest-live-news-biden-kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-jacob-blake

9 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Trump in Kenosha today!

Trump visited Kenosha, Wisconsin, as protests continue over the police shooting of Jacob Blake. The president toured damaged property with several senior administration officials, including attorney general William Barr, but Trump did not meet with the family of Blake, who was repeatedly shot in the back by Kenosha police. [Blake's family refused to meet the "orange man."] Asked during a roundtable whether he considers violence against people of color to be a systemic problem for police departments, Trump said no.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/sep/01/trump-latest-live-news-biden-kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-jacob-blake

There it is, in a nutshell.  Obama said it quite clearly at the DNC convention.

Trump can't solve the problem at the root of the BLM protests, because he won't even acknowledge that it exists.

He has systematically refused to acknowledge the deaths of numerous unarmed black men murdered by police, or to condemn the many right wing attacks on BLM protesters this year, (by 60+ cars and guns) while lamenting the unusual death of a single gun-toting white supremacist vigilante who drove to Portland to threaten American protesters.

Trump's perverse message is unequivocal here.  

Right wing, white supremacist vigilantes with guns are good.

American citizens who protest for justice and civil rights are bad.

1 hour ago, Kathy Beckett said:

How did I miss this?

:lol:

NUTS!  ABSOLUTELY NUTS!

Yet, our main stream media will not cross the line of declaring him nuts. 

Newest Kennedy Political news:

Pelosi backed Joe Kennedy becomes the first Kennedy to lose a Massachusetts election, abandoning his house seat to run as Democrat nominee for Senate against 74 year old reinvented Green Energy Edwin Markey who was backed by AOC.

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/09/01/ed-markey-beats-joe-kennedy

On 8/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, Paul Brancato said:

I witnessed ‘Antifa’ in Berkeley protesting the University’s decision to allow free speech on campus of some racist dude. Two results? Protestors get a bad rap, Universities are too PC. Great, perfect, if Antifa’s aim was to destroy liberal democracy, as fragile as it is these days.

The protest against Milo Yiannopoulos at UC Berkeley In February 2017 was peaceful until the Black Bloc showed up.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/index.html

Saying all of Antifa is Black Bloc is like saying all Southern Baptists are in the KKK.

I haven’t liked the Black Bloc tactics since the Iraq War protests in 2003.  I think they ruined the Occupy General Strike in the fall of 2011.

But claiming they’ve brought an end to liberal democracy?  Please...

Edited by Cliff Varnell

'The Corruption Is Bottomless': Documents Reveal Chair of Postal Service Board Is Director of McConnell-Allied Super PAC

"Can the GOP's takeover of USPS be any more blatant?"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/01/corruption-bottomless-documents-reveal-chair-postal-service-board-director-mcconnell?utm_campaign=shareaholic&fbclid=IwAR2L4QLxzsEmCSm5Mdn_kcPxmnpETH2na4-7w92YwZJs7G_ksvctfmXdSWI

On 8/21/2020 at 11:20 AM, Steve Thomas said:

The Texas Tribune-ProPublica Investigative Unit

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/02/texas-border-wall-private/

He built a privately funded border wall. It's already at risk of falling down if not fixed.

Keep your eyes out for corruption involving Bannon’s Build the Wall Project and Fischer Construction of North Dakota.

Steve Thomas

Privately built border wall will fail, engineering report says

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/privately-built-border-wall-will-fail-engineering-report-says/

“It’s not a matter of if a privately built border fence along the shores of the Rio Grande will fail, it’s a matter of when, according to a new engineering report on the troubled project.

The report is one of two new studies set to be filed in federal court this week that found numerous deficiencies in the 3-mile border fence, built this year by North Dakota-based Fisher Sand and Gravel. The reports confirm earlier reporting from ProPublica and The Texas Tribune, which found that segments of the structure were in danger of overturning due to extensive erosion if not fixed and properly maintained. Fisher dismissed the concerns as normal post-construction issues.

“It seems like they are cutting corners everywhere,” said Alex Mayer, a professor of civil engineering at the University of Texas at El Paso. “It’s not a Lamborghini, it’s a $500 used car.”

Since Fisher’s companies embarked on construction of the Rio Grande fence, the Trump administration has awarded about $2 billion in federal contracts to the firms to build segments of the border wall in other locations.

A second report, based on a geotechnical and structural inspection by the Millennium Engineers Group of Pharr, Texas, also hired by the National Butterfly Center, found that the fence was stable for now, but that it faces a host of issues. They include soil erosion on the river side — in some areas gaps up to three feet wide and waist deep, concrete cracking, construction flaws and what the firm concluded was likely substandard construction material below the fence’s foundation.

Fisher has said he wants to donate the Rio Grande fence to the federal government as well, although it’s unclear whether the government will take it. The fence likely will come with a hefty tax bill if not donated, after Hidalgo County recently appraised the land’s value at more than $20 million, which Fisher said his company will fight.”

Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

The protest against Milo Yiannopoulos at UC Berkeley In February 2017 was peaceful until the Black Bloc showed up.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/index.html

Saying all of Antifa is Black Bloc is like saying all Southern Baptists are in the KKK.

I haven’t liked the Black Bloc tactics since the Iraq War protests in 2003.  I think they ruined the Occupy General Strike in the fall of 2011.

But claiming they’ve brought an end to liberal democracy?  Please...

When I say Antifa I am referring to Black Bloc. There is no official Antifa. Someone is running around destroying property and giving protests a bad rap. I don’t care what clothes they wear. David Talbot is right - agent provocateurs are out there masquerading as leftist anarchists. It’s Operation Gladio on US soil. The aim is to give Trump a law and Order focus to his campaign. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

When I say Antifa I am referring to Black Bloc. There is no official Antifa.

No, but only a minority of people who identify as Antifa are Black Bloc.  It’s important to make that distinction, otherwise we’re doing PR for Trump.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Someone is running around destroying property and giving protests a bad rap. I don’t care what clothes they wear. David Talbot is right - agent provocateurs are out there masquerading as leftist anarchists. It’s Operation Gladio on US soil. The aim is to give Trump a law and Order focus to his campaign. 

I rented one of my rooms to a Black Bloc activist back in 2016.  A lovely person, young woman of 29.  I had a few long talks with her, we agreeably disagreed about trashing banks.  

I told her about my anti-fascist activities in the hardcore punk scene in the mid-80’s.  There were right ways to do things, and wrong ways.  She gave me major respect, and took my gentle advice to heart, I like to think.

She was only involved in one action while she lived here — and engaged in no vandalism.