The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Because we are all racists right?

Middle Age White Guy Says Other Middle Age White Guy is Racist.

Do you guys (not just you David) know how infantile and petty the "Racist" trope is when it is brandished by someone who is also a member the most privileged class in the United States, the adult white male?

You might as well wear a t-shirt that says, "Cuc", or "Proud to be a Beta Male."

That's fine if you are a "cuc" or a proud "Beta Male", there is no harm in either.

The problem arises from the beta-white-guys usurpation of minority classes stock of "grievance empathy" from the class they are trying to enlighten or inform, or just offend.

That is, if a black guy wants to call me a racist, even if I maintain the belief that I am not a racist, the black guy might still be able to extract some empathy from me, under the premise that I have never walked in his shoes. At the very least, he has some level of my empathy, because I do not know what it means to be black.

My patience though, at being called a "racist" is not infinite. It is a fixed or finite quantity at any particular point. The black guy might "try my patience" by calling me a racist, but it is offset by my willingness to consider that he might be right, even if I do not know why, because I am not a black guy.

If I start the day with a patience quota of 100, and a black guy calls me a racist, now my quota is down to 90. Since it is a black guy, and I am not, he gets 9 points of empathy, and the net effect is my patience quota is now 99. 

A white guy who calls me a racist does not get empathy credits. I know what it is like to walk in his shoes. The white guy who calls me a racist quickly exhausts my patience to zero.

Anyone else who legitimately deserves my empathy as a member of an aggrieved class is out of luck, or will soon be, because the white beta male took it.

The white beta male climbed on the back of a minority under the mistaken belief that I give a s**t, and now my capacity to empathize with someone with a legitimate gripe is less.

Pick whichever answer you prefer:

1. Are people really calling you racist with such frequency, it's required you to scientifically formulate a social philosophy of response?
  2. Sensitive about something?
  3. Can't do better than to parrot that alt.right epithet, "cuc"?
  4. Actually, wasn't talking to you.
Edited by David Andrews

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

10 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

4. If Trump supporters are all "racist", then by default I am a racist. Since I'm the only Trump supporter here, I figured I would point out there is no sadder form of race baiter than a white guy.  

I don't know you, nor have I really followed much of anything you've said except a few posts on this thread so I'm not really addressing you as much as making general observations.

I will say though that the actual saddest form of a racist, race baiter or anything is the one who denies his words, meaning, and intent and instead hides behind the guise of the oppressed and pretends it is truly he who is being marginalized and mistreated.

Additionally, I know literally hundreds of Trump supporters. All of them are not racist by any means, but 95% of them are. I'm using 95% generously because I know for a fact that some of them aren't, the number in all liklihood is closer to 99% are racist.

1 hour ago, Mark Stevens said:

I don't know you, nor have I really followed much of anything you've said except a few posts on this thread so I'm not really addressing you as much as making general observations.

I will say though that the actual saddest form of a racist, race baiter or anything is the one who denies his words, meaning, and intent and instead hides behind the guise of the oppressed and pretends it is truly he who is being marginalized and mistreated.

Additionally, I know literally hundreds of Trump supporters. All of them are not racist by any means, but 95% of them are. I'm using 95% generously because I know for a fact that some of them aren't, the number in all liklihood is closer to 99% are racist.

Spot on, and I say this as a guy who was, literally, the only white guy on my neighborhood school bus by the time I was a senior in high school in 1975.

Do I know really know what it's like to grow up as a black guy in America?

Hell no, but some Caucasians probably have a better idea about these issues than others.

I vividly remember some of my black friends in the old neighborhood complaining about store clerks following them around in stores, or guys trying to hit them with their cars, etc.  I remember telling them that they were imagining that stuff, until I actually observed it.  The profiling and targeting of blacks by police was always common knowledge-- long before cellphone cameras and the BLM movement.

As for Trump, in a Hegelian sense, I view him as the Anti-Obama-- the Birther-in-Chief whose disastrous presidency was always predicated on the denigration of blacks and Latinos.

People who deny that obvious fact remind me of those who try to argue that the American Civil War wasn't about slavery.  They're fooling themselves.

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

As for Trump, in a Hegelian sense, I view him as the Anti-Obama-- the Birther-in-Chief whose disastrous presidency was always predicated on the denigration of blacks and Latinos.

People who deny that obvious fact remind me of those who try to argue that the American Civil War wasn't about slavery.  They're fooling themselves.

Not all Trump supporters are racists.  Some are merely deluded.

Dave said:

• Sensitive about something?
  • Actually, wasn't talking to you.

Wheeler: The white beta male climbed on the back of a minority under the mistaken belief that I give a s**t, and now my capacity to empathize with someone with a legitimate gripe is less.

First  you're imagining a white male  is calling you a racist. Why would that effect your capacity to empathize with someone with a legitimate gripe at all?

So you're saying,  "don't make me imagine you're calling me a racist because it will lessen  my capacity to empathize with someone with a legitimate gripe?"  If your empathy is so conditional, we can effect it, that doesn't say much for your convictions of empathy right? So to use your words, We don't give a sh-t how much empathy you say you have, or could have because you've never been noted for empathy anyway. So stop sucking our energy with your empty imaginings! 

10 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Then the 43% figure is way way off?

Joe,

Pew Research Center:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/09/10/the-changing-profile-of-the-u-s-military/

The changing profile of the U.S. military:

"A look at the racial and ethnic profile of active duty service members shows that while the majority of the military is non-Hispanic white, black and Hispanic adults represent sizable and growing shares of the armed forces. In 2017, 57% of U.S. service members were white, 16% were black and 16% were Hispanic. Some 4% of all active duty personnel were Asian and an additional 6% identified as “other” or unknown.

The share of racial and ethnic minorities in the military has grown steadily in recent decades. Hispanics, in particular, are the fastest growing minority population in the military – a shift that aligns with larger demographic trends in the United States.

In 2004, 36% of active duty military were black, Hispanic, Asian or some other racial or ethnic group. Black service members made up about half of all racial and ethnic minorities at that time.

By 2017, the share of active duty military who were non-Hispanic white had fallen, while racial and ethnic minorities made up 43% – and within that group, blacks dropped from 51% in 2004 to 39% in 2017 just as the share of Hispanics rose from 25% to 36%."

Sorry, I should have said, "racial and ethnic minorities".

Steve Thomas

Steve...the current statistics of ethnic make up of California's entire population are:

Hispanic 39%. White 37%. Other non-white 24%.

California's Population - Public Policy Institute of ...

Apr 01, 2020 · California’s population is diverse. No race or ethnic group constitutes a majority of California’s population: 39% of state residents are Latino, 37% are white, 15% are Asian American, 6% are African American, 3% are multiracial, and fewer than 1% are American Indian or Pacific Islander, according to the 2018 American Community Survey.

The Republican convention was an altar call at the Church of White Masculinity

The RNC wasn't just a celebration of Trump — it was a religious revival meant to harken back to a lost golden age

https://www.salon.com/2020/09/06/the-republican-convention-was-an-altar-call-at-the-church-of-white-masculinity/

By Eric McDaniel September 6, 2020

“This altar call is not much different from Rudyard Kipling's "The White Man's Burden" or D.W. Griffith's "Birth of a Nation," which both portrayed white men as the saviors of civilization.”

“As ordained bishop of the church of white masculinity, President Trump has attempted to impose his masculinity by questioning the masculinity of his male opponents and showing disgust for his female adversaries.”

On the opening night of the Republican Convention, Charlie Kirk, the young founder of the organization Turning Point USA, dubbed President Trump the “bodyguard of western civilization.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

15 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Because we are all racists right?

Middle Age White Guy Says Other Middle Age White Guy is Racist.

Do you guys (not just you David) know how infantile and petty the "Racist" trope is when it is brandished by someone who is also a member the most privileged class in the United States, the adult white male?

You might as well wear a t-shirt that says, "Cuc", or "Proud to be a Beta Male."

That's fine if you are a "cuc" or a proud "Beta Male", there is no harm in either.

The problem arises from the beta-white-guys usurpation of minority classes stock of "grievance empathy" from the class they are trying to enlighten or inform, or just offend.

That is, if a black guy wants to call me a racist, even if I maintain the belief that I am not a racist, the black guy might still be able to extract some empathy from me, under the premise that I have never walked in his shoes. At the very least, he has some level of my empathy, because I do not know what it means to be black.

My patience though, at being called a "racist" is not infinite. It is a fixed or finite quantity at any particular point. The black guy might "try my patience" by calling me a racist, but it is offset by my willingness to consider that he might be right, even if I do not know why, because I am not a black guy.

If I start the day with a patience quota of 100, and a black guy calls me a racist, now my quota is down to 90. Since it is a black guy, and I am not, he gets 9 points of empathy, and the net effect is my patience quota is now 99. 

A white guy who calls me a racist does not get empathy credits. I know what it is like to walk in his shoes. The white guy who calls me a racist quickly exhausts my patience to zero.

Anyone else who legitimately deserves my empathy as a member of an aggrieved class is out of luck, or will soon be, because the white beta male took it.

The white beta male climbed on the back of a minority under the mistaken belief that I give a s**t, and now my capacity to empathize with someone with a legitimate gripe is less.

You’ve never had sex with a woman, have you?

Military officials are discussing ‘disobeying unlawful’ orders over fears of what Trump might do: ex-Marine lawmaker

By

Tom Boggioni September 6, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/military-officials-are-discussing-disobeying-unlawful-orders-over-fears-of-what-trump-might-do-ex-marine-lawmaker/

“Speaking remotely with MSNBC’s Alex Witt, Rep. Seth Mouton (D) — who served in Iraq as a Marine — criticized Donald Trump for his comments calling U.S. servicepeople “losers and suckers” and said dissatisfaction with the president is pervasive within the armed forces.

Asked by the host how past and present U.S. military members view the president, the moderate Massachusetts lawmaker was blunt.

“What have you heard from troops? ” host Witt asked. “Those that are your constituent, veterans that have come home or those who you’re in contact?”

“Well, I’m not going to speak for every veteran, but I can’t tell you how many have reached out to me and said that they have discussions now in the military about what it means to disobey unlawful orders, because they fully expect them from the commander in chief,” Mouton replied. “There are a lot of people, even inside the White House, who believe that he’s going to try to get the military to keep him in power after he loses this election to Joe Biden.””

Steve Thomas

What does Arlington National Cemetery make you think of?

From Donald Trump, Jr.’s new book: "Triggered: How the Left Thrives on Hate and Wants to Silence Us."
"Meanwhile, it also took two months for me to realize the enormity of what my father had accomplished, and the weight of the job that he’d won. It was the day before the inauguration, and we were driving into Arlington National Cemetery, where he was to lay a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I rarely get emotional, if ever. I guess you’d call me hyper-rational, stoic. Yet, as we drove past the rows of white grave markers, in the gravity of the moment, I had a deep sense of the importance of the presidency and a love of our country. I was never prouder of my father than when I watched as he stood before the tomb, his hand over his heart, while the Army bugler played 'Taps.'
"In that moment, I also thought of all the attacks we’d already suffered as a family, and about all the sacrifices we’d have to make to help my father succeed—voluntarily giving up a huge chunk of our business and all international deals to avoid the appearance that we were 'profiting off the office.'"
Steve Thomas