• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

36 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

Just shoot everybody, OK, cops?

Police shoot 13-year-old boy with autism several times after mother calls for help

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/08/linden-cameron-police-shooting-boy-autism-utah

What a terrible story.  How much crisis intervention training do 2 cops need to subdue a "small" per his mom 13 year old boy without shooting him?

Justice dept seeks to defend Trump defamation case

Trump is going to use the Justice Department and taxpayer money to defend him in the defamation suit regarding his rape charge.  History repeats itself, there is semen stains on E. Jean Caroll's dress as well.  Trump would never give a sample but apparently DNA can only positively determined for 8 months after the rape. At least that's what I've heard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54081921

Steve, Regarding Trump selling that Bible. So the proceeds won't go to any charity, it will go directly into Trump's pocket?  If so, How could anybody who is as rich as Trump claims to be act like such a  unabashed money grubbing whore at every turn? The only explanation I could think is that he's beholding to people and has to be seen to be maximizing every effort to make payment. 

This is the price the NRA has extracted for all those millions.

But the worst part is the GOP non liability law on firearms and ammo.  

If Biden wins, this will be the first test of his legitimacy.

Edited by James DiEugenio

BTW, Cohen's book looks as good as I thought.  When you have nothing left to lose, you confess.

We all know from a prior book  that Melania was weeping when she got the news of winning.  She did not want to leave NYC.

Well, it turns out that Trump did not think he was going to win.  He did the thing as a Branding exercise that would now make his name even bigger than ever world wide.  It was meant as a months long infomercial.

This is is one I will read.

The potential for chaos is palpable’: CNN reporter warns of Trump encouraging supporters to watch polls

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/the-potential-for-chaos-is-palpable-cnn-reporter-warns-of-trump-encouraging-supporters-to-watch-polls/

"President Donald Trump on Tuesday night asked his fans at a North Carolina rally to work as poll watchers to prevent Democrats from supposedly “stealing” the 2020 presidential election.

“Be poll watchers when you go there,” Trump told his supporters. “Watch all the thieving and stealing and robbing they do.”

CNN White House correspondent John Harwood on Wednesday warned that the president’s encouragement could spell trouble for polling sites on election day — especially if some of his fans decide to show up armed with guns.

“You could imagine, for example, that in the same way that vigilantes have entered scenes of protest in Oregon, in Wisconsin, where two people ended up getting killed and one of the supporters… has been charged with homicide, you can see people trying to intervene at election polling sites,” he said. “He’s suggested, of course, that people show up having cast an absentee ballot and try to verify that their ballot was cast or vote again.”

The bottom line, said Harwood, is that “the potential for chaos is palpable."

I'm voting early.

Steve Thomas

Watched the interview of Michael Cohen on MSNBC last night.

Of course some mixed feelings about a few of Cohen's answers but over-all his revelations of Trump misdeeds are so damning, I think even Trump supporting Evangelicals and military enlisted members might finally stop and wonder about blindly supporting and believing their can-do-no-wrong Godfather "if" they could or would allow themselves to hear what Cohen has to say about him.

The disturbing reality is however, that the huge majority of Trump supporters never watch MSNBC, will never buy Cohen's book and unless Cohen is given interview coverage in several larger audience national media venues besides MSNBC, won't even hear what Cohen is revealing about their fearless leader.

MSNBC has a very small viewership audience relatively speaking. FOX NEWS has the largest by far. And FOX will never give Cohen and his expose any coverage except parroting the White House downplaying and disparaging script.

"60 Minutes" did their thing with Clinton, but they refused to touch Bush Jr. and have stopped covering anything Trump threatening as well.

Heck, "60 Minutes Australia" covers more high political American scandals than our New York one.

Cohen gets into the broader more hard edged even criminal activity doings of Trump versus Mary Trump's much more personal family orientated bad character revelations.

Cohen's book reaches much deeper into the dark side of Trump regards his devious doings beyond just his family.

Blindly fawning Trump defending Sarah Sander's book came out the same day as Cohen's.

George Stephanopoulos and his number one viewership Sunday morning political news show " This Week With George S." gave Sanders and her book national marketing exposure yesterday which I find ludicrously suspicious compared to the newsworthiness of Cohen and his book versus Sander's.

Sanders just repeats her Trump fawning and says all these former Trump administration officials who have revealed his lies and misdoings are all just a bunch of "disgruntled former employees" which one assumes she means makes them, their claims and credibility worthless.

Sanders is reported to be eyeing a run for the Arkansas governorship. Only in Arkansas would her election be possible.

Cohen became animated in sharing his first hand knowledge of Trump's true views on abortion. Trump is and always has been "pro-choice."

And Cohen bolsters this claim with the fact of his being closer to Trump than his family for over 10 years and knowing him and his personal views better than anyone. Cohen says some days he would speak with Trump up to 50 times a day.

What Cohen is telling the tens of millions of religious group Trump supporters is to "wake up" to Trumps true stand on abortion ( not his phony lying one ) which most of these followers blindly refuse to believe and is the main justification most of them express in explaining their support of Trump.

Trump is the least Christian principled president since LBJ and Nixon, yet these Christian value honoring, respecting and teaching religious groups refuse to face this reality or if they do acknowledge it, they simply excuse his anti-Christian behavior with a perverse " he's flawed but we forgive him " pass in defending their blind support of such a morally corrupt person, imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Competing sieges of the White House and Washington, D.C. are set to begin September 17th.

I don't envy the Washington, D.C. police.

Steve Thomas

Oh, well, if it's just going to be jazz players...

Hope the police like Miles Davis.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumpkins-are-losing-their-mind-over-occupy-wall-streets-faux-plans-for-a-white-house-siege?ref=home

“Now the coverage from the right has resulted in a wave of death threats towards Adbusters; it left Adbusters editor Kalle Lasn considering whether the “siege” language and related promotional materials—including a photo illustration of the White House engulfed in smoke—were too intense.

“We’ve sort of changed our mind a little bit, and now we are going for a more benign, sort of a ‘play jazz’ type of strategy,” Lasn said. “My dream actually is to have thousands of jazz musicians all over America turning up and playing jazz all over the country for the next 50 days.””

Kind of reminds me of the days of the Yippies.

Steve Thomas

Joe:

Cohen was on Lester Holt, NBC.

His book has dislodged Mary Trump's as Number One at Amazon.

Most weeks, the ratings for cable are Fox, MSNBC and CNN.  Cohen is never going to get on Fox since they are an extension of Trump.  So MSNBC is a good second.

BTW, Brian Stelter's book Hoax is also good. Its about the union of Fox with Trump, how they became virtually one entity.

41 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Joe:

Cohen was on Lester Holt, NBC.

His book has dislodged Mary Trump's as Number One at Amazon.

Most weeks, the ratings for cable are Fox, MSNBC and CNN.  Cohen is never going to get on Fox since they are an extension of Trump.  So MSNBC is a good second.

BTW, Brian Stelter's book Hoax is also good. Its about the union of Fox with Trump, how they became virtually one entity.

Lester Holt? Okay, good. Still, it's going to take much more national media exposure than that and for more than just a few days for Cohen's book and revelations to have a meaningful Trump vote impact imo.

I watched some of the Holt interview. It was a much more limited interview than Maddow's.

Was hoping Cohen's book would do well. Replacing Mary Trump's book sales numbers on Amazon is okay, but what have her book sales been since that first week of one million sales? If Cohen's book hit a million I would be very surprised.

Regards cable political news viewership:

In primetime, Fox News had an 18 percent advantage over CNN with 624,000 in the 25-54 demo vs. 528,000 for CNN. MSNBC trailed in both day parts, averaging 193,000 for the total day and 315,000 in prime.

Will Cohen have some interview coverage via CNN?

50 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Bob Woodward just dropped another bombshell on Trump – here are the 5 most devastating details

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/bob-woodward-just-dropped-another-bombshell-on-trump-here-are-the-5-most-devastating-details/

Doug, I just watched the White House news briefing with press secretary Kayleigh McEnany.

Typical wag-the-dog twisting of every Trump critical question into an opposite reality spin that Trump is simply the greatest, most honest and responsible leadership President ever.

Curious question from one of the press corps regarding Woodward.

The question was how could Bob Woodward get another "18" one on one meetings with Trump after Woodward trashed Trump in his super Trump critical book "FEAR?"

McEnany paused for a second and stared away...then blurted out this preposterous one sentence answer...

"because President Trump is the most transparent President in American History."

Ha!   

But still, the action of letting Bob Woodward into these 18 one-on-one meet ups with Trump by Trump after Woodward's disparaging book on him, does strike my curiosity. "Fear" was critical enough of Trump to normally incur Trump's signature all out vindictive wrath. Yet, not in this case?

Edited by Joe Bauer

29 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

still, the action of letting Bob Woodward into these 18 one-on-one meet ups with Trump by Trump after Woodward's disparaging book on him, does strike my curiosity. "Fear" was critical enough of Trump to normally incur Trump's signature all out vindictive wrath. Yet, not in this case?

Watergate made Woodward the most famous reporter in the world. What insane narcissistic wouldn't want Bob Woodward to write a book about him? Better yet, two books! In the case of this second book, I'm sure that Trump, in the course of giving him 18 interviews, felt that he could easily make Woodward fall in love with him, just like Kim Jong Un did. And Woodward would then fully tell Trump's side of the story, which is exactly what he has done. It's self-destructive insanity. But I've always heard that crazy people don't know they're crazy, and that's seems like a logical explanation.

Edited by Ron Ecker