• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

We don't want to spread panic about the coronavirus, but antifa is OK.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/oregon-fires-antifa-rumors?utm_source=digg

“A vague Facebook message by the Molalla Police Department posted Wednesday evening (Molalla, Oregon) fed suspicion among the rumor- and fire-stricken residents.

“To those of you still in and around town, please report any suspicious activity (strange people walking around/looking into cars and houses/vehicles driving through neighborhoods that don't belong there) to 911 immediately,” the MPD post read.

“EDIT/CLARIFICATION: This is about possible looters, not antifa or setting of fires,” the updated post read. “There has been NO antifa in town as of this posting at 02:00 am. Please, folks, stay calm and use common sense. Stay inside or leave the area.”

Besides the Molalla Police Department, the Medford Police Department, the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office have published appeals on their Facebook pages in the past 24 hours for the public to stop spreading false information connecting antifa to the Oregon fires.”

Steve Thomas

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Kris Millegan and his family are among these.

https://apnews.com/8e4e0818146a72c713de625e902f9962

And not "one" mention of these massive West Coast fires and the stresses they have put upon hundreds of thousands ( millions actually in health effecting air alert stress ) in Trump's White House news conference yesterday.

All states with Democratic Governors.  Need anyone say more?

Typical Trump political bias selectivity regards empathy and concern, let alone even mentioning this hugely effecting multi-state natural disaster event.

Shameless, outrageous, appalling, divisive, irresponsible lack of "all Americans " presidential leadership ... again, typical Trump.                      

On 9/10/2020 at 10:02 AM, Paul Brancato said:

I have been wondering much the same. One possible explanation for why the MIC and by extension Wall Street might prefer Trump over Biden is that a Democrat controlled government will give access to the progressive wing of the party, even if Biden and Harris represent the center - a slippery slope. 

No, no need to worry about the progressive wing of the Democratic party having too much influence in the Biden/Harris presidency.

Mr. Wall Street himself, Mike Bloomberg,  wouldn't have spent 500 million to 1 BILLION of "his own" dollars  ( think about that unprecedented amount ) in a short 88 day campaign run with more television, internet, radio and mailer advertising than any of the other candidates combined ( we got 2 to 3 Bloomberg mailers a day during this run ) to take just enough primary votes away from Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders to get barely winning plurality Biden back into the lead if he thought the anti-Wall Street progressives might have any serious influence in a Biden administration.

Bloomberg's number one priority is the defense of Wall Street imo.

And by the way, Bloomberg made a show telling Democrats after he pulled his campaign run how he personally was going to spend whatever it took of his own money to help the Dem ticket defeat Trump.

So far we've read of his 60 million and maybe another 60 to 70 million donated to the Democratic party efforts. That may sound like a lot, however, compare that to the perhaps 1 BILLION he committed into his own short 90 day Democratic party campaign run to marginalize Sanders and Warren.

And don't forget Bloomberg switched parties ( he actually became a Republican as well as declaring himself an independent ) when it served his own personal political agenda.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Ahh! I get it.

Mattis and the boys do not want Trump because he is "dangerous" and "unfit."

As an esteemed student of history, I figured you would appreciate the Trump quotes in my post that you responded too in some sort of historical context. Re-posted below:

• Trump said leaders at the Pentagon “want to do nothing but fight wars so that all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy.” Sept. 8
  • “The military-industrial complex is unbelievably powerful,” - June 8
  • “And this is on these endless wars that just never stop. There’s a time and there’s a place, but it’s time to stop.” Nov. 2019
  • "We do have a military industrial complex, they do like war." - May 2019

President Trump was hardly the first President to say such things, although it has been a few decades since any President apparently felt the need to.

...In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. - President Eisenhower 

No doubt, dangerous and unfit words from our 34th President.

There are a few crazy theories out there that try to make the case that our 35th President was considered "dangerous" and "unfit" by the same "complex" that the 34th President hinted at, and that is why he was killed.

Insane theory, I know.

I know all about the MIC. I know about the JFK assassination, the Gulf of Tonkin, the invasion of Iraq, etc. etc. etc. If I recall correctly, what prompted Mattis to resign as Secretary of Defense was not some desire to have an endless war, but the disgrace of the U.S. stabbing allies in the back. After Trump had a phone chat with Erdogan, he suddenly decided (gee, I wonder what they talked about) to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria, so that Turkey could move right in and slaughter from Kurdish men, women and children. If that didn't prove that Trump is dangerous and unfit, I don't know what else he can do to prove it. 

Edited by Ron Ecker

What I think happened Joe is that Simon and Schuster got wind of Woodward's book and they decided to jump up front and take what they could get, like maybe two days, even though the hardcover version is not ready.

And he did have some exposure for those two days.  I mean he is still number three.  

Mary Trump is still in the top 25.  So you have three of these up there.

What is surprising to me is that the Strzok book is number two.  I have not seen him anywhere.

Jared Kushner told us that in order to understand Donald Trump, you have to read Alice in Wonderland.

Up is down: Trump lies that Biden would 'destroy' Obamacare's protections for pre-existing conditions

By Daniel Dale, CNN September 11, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/11/politics/fact-check-trump-biden-pre-existing-conditions-obamacare/index.html

Washington (CNN) “President Donald Trump told one of the most absurd lies of his relentlessly dishonest reelection campaign on Thursday.

At a campaign rally in Freeland, Michigan, Trump claimed his opponent, Joe Biden, "will destroy your protections for pre-existing conditions." Trump went on to say that he would himself preserve these protections.

Facts First: This is not only false but a complete reversal of reality. The protections for people with pre-existing conditions were created by the very Obama administration in which Biden served as vice president -- as part of Obamacare, the 2010 law Biden has vowed to preserve and strengthen if elected President. Trump, conversely, has tried repeatedly to get bills passed that would have weakened these protections. He is now trying to get the entirety of Obamacare struck down by the courts”.

Steve Thomas

This is big’: Legal experts react to prosecutor’s abrupt resignation from John Durham’s Russia probe

Published4 mins ago on September 11, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/this-is-big-legal-experts-react-to-prosecutors-abrupt-resignation-from-john-durhams-russia-probe/

30 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

What I think happened Joe is that Simon and Schuster got wind of Woodward's book and they decided to jump up front and take what they could get, like maybe two days, even though the hardcover version is not ready.

And he did have some exposure for those two days.  I mean he is still number three.  

What is surprising to me is that the Strzok book is number two.  I have not seen him anywhere.

Rachel Maddow interviewed Strzok last night for about 20 minutes. Earlier that day he was the lead on Morning Joe. He has been on a few other shows.

I agree with Rachel that of all the books, Strzok's is the most important one published to date. He even criticizes the FBI for its role in sabotaging Hillary in final days of 2016 with the result that Trump won. His book is titled Compromised" with the r reversed. He told Rachel that what Putin has on Trump is financial in nature.

4 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I see Jim Di.

Your Cohen book release timing explanation makes sense to me now.

But still, the media's massive tidal wave coverage of Woodward and his yet to be released book is so over-the-top overwhelming of the news cycle, including venues like 60 Minutes, it just seems suspiciously manipulated to me. With the main question being... by whom?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Michael Cohen's book about his years as Donald Trump's fixer is a clarion ... In Disloyal, published today, Cohen shows how Trump is a master deceiver.

3 best selling Trump worst scandal expose' books released just days apart ( "DISLOYAL", "COMPROMISED", "RAGE" ) how much more massive negative news coverage damage can Trump's personal and presidential record image take?

And with each new Trump corruption, deception, lying, power abusing, self-serving, irresponsible and immoral behavior revelation book release, you wonder with head shaking disbelief not just how the Republican party can still defend and enable him, but how the Trump base can keep denying the reality of these charges and their import and/or pretend they just aren't true or are simply exaggerated by the "fake news" hoax perpetrating liberal biased press.

I swear I sensed a Joe McCarthy wilting crack in Trump's usual loud and steeled tough confidence public speaking armor in yesterday's White House news briefing.

After he disparaged Biden for depending on teleprompters, Trump then drops his gaze down to written notes which he then read with the flat and rote slowness of a student who knows his reading skills aren't very good and he is self-conscious about them.

I think Trump is finally cracking under the massive punch and blow back from those in our society who he has attacked, disparaged and abused his entire term.

Like the crowd who has witnessed these selfish abuses has finally decided to seriously stand up to the bully ( via public exposure and shaming ) ... and the bully feels the combined heat and knows his bullying reign is about to come to an end.

Trump's tired facial expressions in yesterday's White House news briefing reminded me of the same ones on Joe McCarthy face when he was confronted by attorney for the Army Joseph. N. Welch in a congressional hearing on June 9th, 1954.

Where Welch proclaimed to McCarthy his famous words of condemnation:

On June 9, 1954, Special Counsel for the U.S. Army Joseph N. Welch confronted Sen. Joseph McCarthy. McCarthy had attacked a member of Welch’s law firm, Frederick G. Fisher, as a communist due to Fisher’s prior membership in the National Lawyers Guild. The Guild was the nation’s first racially integrated bar association.

Welch was outraged:

Until this moment, senator, I think I never gauged your cruelty or recklessness . . . . Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?

Edited by Joe Bauer

I started reading Cohen's book.

Its pretty interesting.  He  does talk  about how Trump had to go to European banks and Russians for money and his relationship with Felix Sater.  Because American banks did not want to deal with him.

What's interesting about his book is that he describes how Trump was almost obsessed with Obama.  To the point that he made up stuff about a research team he had in Hawaii proving that the president was not born there.  Cohen was in the room when he made the call to the National Enquirer.  Cohen asked him something like, "Do you have anyone there?".  Trump said no, its bullxxxx but you watch.  And within a day he was fielding calls from all kinds of newspapers.  This is what suckers the MSM were for Trump.  It was him who started this fake news!

He also hired a look alike Obama who he told off in his office and filmed it.  But he thought better of it and did not release it.  But Cohen took a picture of the guy. I am not kidding.

It turns out that Cohen was actually very well off before he met Trump.  He was in a white shoe law firm associated with the late Louis Nizer.  He was billing at 750 bucks an hour!  Even though he admits he graduated from a poor law school.  He had an attractive wife, two kids, and he had just bought three places in a Trump building to turn them into a large four bedroom for his family.  At a cost of over four million.  Plus he was a successful businessman on the side. 

And then he got a call from Trump Jr. who needed some help to face down a condo board.  And that is what ended up screwing up his life.

He also writes that unlike what Trump said at the time, Trump did not see the real estate collapse of 2007-08.   And he also did not use the strategy of buying low at  the time and waiting for a comeback. He just got out of the building business in America.  He now turned to branding.  No matter what it was, as long as he had to put up no money.  And this is how he saw his run for the presidency.  It was fine if he lost, because then his name would be wroth even more.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I started reading Cohen's book.

Its pretty interesting.  He  does talk  about how Trump had to go to European banks and Russians for money and his relationship with Felix Sater.  Because American banks did not want to deal with him.

What's interesting about his book is that he describes how Trump was almost obsessed with Obama.  To the point that he made up stuff about a research team he had in Hawaii proving that the president was not born there.  Cohen was in the room when he made the call to the National Enquirer.  Cohen asked him something like, "Do you have anyone there?".  Trump said no, its bullxxxx but you watch.  And within a day he was fielding calls from all kinds of newspapers.  This is what suckers the MSM were for Trump.  It was him who started this fake news!

It turns out that Cohen was actually very well off before he met Trump.  He was in a white shoe law firm associated with the late Louis Nizer.  He was billing at 750 bucks an hour!  Even though he admits he graduated from a poor law school.  He had an attractive wife, two kids, and he had just bought three places in a Trump building to turn them into a large four bedroom for his family.  At a cost of over four million.  Plus he was a successful businessman on the side. 

And then he got a call from Trump Jr. who needed some help to face down a condo board.  And that is what ended up screwing up his life.

He also writes that unlike what Trump said at the time, Trump did not see the real estate collapse of 2007-08.   And he also did not use the strategy of buying low at at the time and waiting for a comeback. He just got out of the building business in America.  He now turned to branding.  No matter what it was, as long as he had to put up no money.  And this is how he saw his run for the presidency.  It was fine if he lost, because then his name would be wroth even more.

Interesting.

Inside knowledge stuff nobody else has.

I do think Cohen is still holding back much illegal doings information that involves him personally as well as Trump.

I sense Cohen dealt with American organized crime figures and even Russian ones more than he will ever admit or reveal.

Still, we'll take what he's dishing on Trump. It may be all we will ever get from anyone else close to Trump.

Edited by Joe Bauer

I should add, Cohen says that Don Jr. really did not want to be in real estate.  He did not like the business.

He was really more of an outdoorsman type.

Trump made him join up under threat of cutting him out of the business altogether.

Cohen also says that one of the things that convinced Trump that he knew how to connect with the GOP base was the whole Trump/WWE appearance with Vince McMahon. When he saw all those people cheering for him, he thought that was what he could do on the trail.

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

He had an attractive wife, two kids, and he had just bought three places in a Trump building to turn them into a large four bedroom for his family. 

Speaking of Cohen's daughter:

Now, years later, Samantha Cohen tells Vanity Fair that the incident with Trump wasn’t the first time she was sexualized by the men her father surrounded himself with. “There are so many creepy men, and it was hardly the first comment like that I’d heard,” she said. “It was almost meaningless to me at the moment because I’d heard them before. If you can hit on a 15-year-old, I am pretty sure there is something wrong with you, and when you allow someone with that little integrity to be in the most powerful office, that sets the tone for the rest of the country’s culture.”

She goes on to tell the publication that she remembered the incident her father described just a little bit differently: “My dad always tuned out everything negative Trump said about him, but what I remember was Trump saying, ‘Thank God she got those looks from her mother. She certainly didn’t get them from you,'” Samantha recalled. “I was not desensitized to someone putting down my dad and insulting him and degrading him. That was one of the reasons I hated Trump so much.”