• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

I love that picture of Trump the way he folds his arms so tightly across his chest that he looks like he's trying to smother himself to death. ("I can't breathe.") I'm no psychologist but doesn't that indicate a little insecurity?

Bob:

You are missing the point.

When you get a cover like that on Time Magazine, it means the Power Elite has decided. 

Its similar to what they did to Oliver Stone when his film came out.

Or when they ganged up on Nixon for Watergate, choosing to buy into John Dean and his "remarkable memory".

You learn these things by studying the JFK case.

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I started reading Cohen's book.

Its pretty interesting.  He  does talk  about how Trump had to go to European banks and Russians for money and his relationship with Felix Sater.  Because American banks did not want to deal with him.

What's interesting about his book is that he describes how Trump was almost obsessed with Obama.  To the point that he made up stuff about a research team he had in Hawaii proving that the president was not born there.  Cohen was in the room when he made the call to the National Enquirer.  Cohen asked him something like, "Do you have anyone there?".  Trump said no, its bullxxxx but you watch.  And within a day he was fielding calls from all kinds of newspapers.  This is what suckers the MSM were for Trump.  It was him who started this fake news!

He also hired a look alike Obama who he told off in his office and filmed it.  But he thought better of it and did not release it.  But Cohen took a picture of the guy. I am not kidding.

It turns out that Cohen was actually very well off before he met Trump.  He was in a white shoe law firm associated with the late Louis Nizer.  He was billing at 750 bucks an hour!  Even though he admits he graduated from a poor law school.  He had an attractive wife, two kids, and he had just bought three places in a Trump building to turn them into a large four bedroom for his family.  At a cost of over four million.  Plus he was a successful businessman on the side. 

And then he got a call from Trump Jr. who needed some help to face down a condo board.  And that is what ended up screwing up his life.

He also writes that unlike what Trump said at the time, Trump did not see the real estate collapse of 2007-08.   And he also did not use the strategy of buying low at  the time and waiting for a comeback. He just got out of the building business in America.  He now turned to branding.  No matter what it was, as long as he had to put up no money.  And this is how he saw his run for the presidency.  It was fine if he lost, because then his name would be wroth even more.

I think you're starting to catch on Jim. It was never about the oppressive "Deep state" going after "nouveau riche Jed Clampett" Trump of Wheeler lore.  It was just another "follow the money". Do you really think AG RFK wouldn't be rolling over in his grave at the pussy Mueller investigation who refused to look into Trump's financial connections throughout the world, including Russian oligarchs, (we don't dare say Putin ) If RFK was in a powerful position,  Do you really RFK would have backed down so quickly at interrogating Trump? In an impeachment proceeding, do you think RFK would have just been ambivalent  about handing a subpoena to John Bolton?

Probably no one is more emblematic of the unearned excess of the modern day, which is the real story of this  era. Not a group of bureaucratic keystone cops. If you made a decent attempt at Trump you could uncover a termite's nest of international crooks. But he'll probably end up in some way leveraging his office, unless he actually got away with it scot free by being re elected.

Yes Trump hasn't bought buildings for quite a while now. He merely sells his name, and in some cases uses his management company. 2 years ago, he was run out of Panama City because his name was giving the owner's a bad name.

https://www.france24.com/en/20180926-marriott-takes-control-panama-trump-tower-after-long-dispute

If I make it in Panama City, I can make it anywhere!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yes Trump hasn't bought buildings for quite a while now. He merely sells his name, and in some cases uses his management company. 2 years ago, he was run out of Panama City because his name was giving the owner's a bad name.

https://www.france24.com/en/20180926-marriott-takes-control-panama-trump-tower-after-long-dispute

Kirk, I saw a documentary which went into the business history of the Panama complex more thoroughly than the article linked in your post.

It reported that many of condo's being sold there were part of a serious money laundering operation scheme by drug cartels and even Russian mob connections.

When this information got out the Trumps eventually took their name off the property. Apparently, the use of the Trump name was their primary connection and business interest in the property. I don't remember whether they had any sales management and profit sharing interest beyond just their name brand.

The suspicion is that Trump and his family had to have known the condo sales were being purchased with laundered drug money by obviously shady characters long before their disconnect.

I think it was stated that the Trump family made a total of 14 million dollars for their name brand on the complex in the time it was used there.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Ah, yes. I've heard about the prize given to those who promote "noble peace." As is the case with noble gases in physics, the "noble peace" is very, very stable.

Edited by George Govus
clarity

12 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

The Norwegian Legislator who nominated Trump also did so after the Singapore meeting with Kim Jong Un. 

I wonder how much Trump pays this Norwegian per nomination.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

The Norwegian Legislator who nominated Trump also did so after the Singapore meeting with Kim Jong Un. 

I see what's going on Paul, This week Kim Jong Un will also be nominated for his precious love letter of peace to President Trump.

KJU said:"Even now I cannot forget that moment of history when I firmly held Your Excellency's hand at that beautiful and sacred location as the whole world watched with great interest and hope to relive the honor of that day."

That's pretty hard core peace!

On 9/10/2020 at 8:17 PM, David Andrews said:

1379a9b51044f630a6b2683eef4e3795.jpg.78f6973805b50a4bf537af3eef6a985d.jpg

Bond: Do you expect me to talk?

Goldfinger: No, Mr. Bond!  I Expect you to tinkle.

Bond:  Your Operation Grand Slam will never work, Goldfinger.  Even Rob Wheeler won't fall for your scam in another election.

Goldfinger:  That is where you are wrong, Mr. Bond.  Once people have committed themselves to a cult, it is virtually impossible for them to admit that they have been duped.

Trumpfinger to David Andrews:

"This is gold Mr. Andrews. All my life I have been in love with it's color, it's brilliance, it's divine eminence. I welcome any enterprise that will increase my stock, which is considerable."

As the industrial metal melting laser beam inches closer to a tied down David's family jewels he sweatily and nervously remarks "I think you've made your point Trumpfinger, thank you for the demonstration."

To which Trumpfinger responds dryly..."choose your next witticism carefully Mr. Andrews, it may be your last."

Trumpfinger says "the purpose of all your disparaging postings has now become very clear to me. I do not intend to be distracted by them anymore. Good night Mr. Andrews."

Trumpfinger walks away leaving Andrew's testicular fate to the left on and ever closer torch of torture.

A wide eyed worried Andrews yells at the departing Trumpfinger a desperate ..."Do you expect me to talk?"

Trumpfinger turns to Andrews and says with sadistic sarcasm  "No Mr. Andrews, I expect you to die!"

Andrews " you're forgetting one thing Trumpfinger, if I fail to post, forum member Robert Wheeler replaces me. And he knows what I know."

Trumpfinger ... "you know nothing Mr. Andrews."

Andrews..."Oh yeah? Operation GRAND MAIL BOX SLAM for instance?"

The dismantling of the U.S. Postal Service operations to a degree of turning the mail in vote process into complete chaos and nullifying any vote count unless it favors Trumpfinger.

Trumpfinger stops in his tracks. Looks at Andrews with concern ... and dismisses Andrew's ominous warning proclamation as simply an overheard gossip tidbit.

Andrews brilliantly counters with "can you afford to take that chance Trumpfinger?"

Trumpfinger's normal arrogant cockiness is finally shaken. After dramatic seconds of unsure thought, he turns to the laser technicians and has them turn it off.

Andrew's fear gripped gonads and life are saved. He lives to post again.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Bob:

You did not read what I said.  This is what I wrote:

You are missing the point.

When you get a cover like that on Time Magazine, it means the Power Elite has decided. 

Note: I did not say the MSM, which is what you riffed on.

I said the Power Elite.  There is a difference.  

Edited by James DiEugenio