• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Joe said:

But still, the action of letting Bob Woodward into these 18 one-on-one meet ups with Trump by Trump after Woodward's disparaging book on him, does strike my curiosity. "Fear" was critical enough of Trump to normally incur Trump's signature all out vindictive wrath. Yet, not in this case?

My thoughts completely Joe, I think it has to do with setting. Usually Trump sees his press conferences as a battle, because the reporters asking him questions have a limited amount of time to get what they want answered. It is very competitive, where Woodward can act very civil, and seem to defer to Trump and give him plenty of time, occasionally ask a few leading questions, which will usually result in giving Trump plenty of rope to hang himself.

P.S. Trump just had a press conference to talk about judges he would appoint, and challenged Biden to give a list of judges he'd appoint if he became President.

Why would Biden respond at all? There's never been any precedent for a President to disclose court nominees before he's even elected!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

[Tried to post this also on Facebook a minute ago but Facebook was down. First time this ever happened.]

Trump disclosed secret weapons system to Woodward: book

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/515700-trump-disclosed-secret-weapons-system-to-woodward-book

Why Jared Kushner suggests reading 'Alice in Wonderland' if you want to understand Trump

By Jamie Gangel and Elizabeth Stuart, CNN Wed September 9, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/politics/jared-kushner-trump-rage-book/index.html

"Jared Kushner gives surprising insight into his father-in-law in legendary journalist Bob Woodward's new book "Rage." Kushner says one of the best ways to understand President Donald Trump is to study the Cheshire Cat from "Alice in Wonderland."

Woodward quotes Kushner paraphrasing the Cheshire Cat as a way of making sense of Trump's chaotic style of management, saying, "If you don't know where you're going, any path will get you there.""

“It was clear to Woodward that none of this was meant to criticize Trump, just as a way to help understand him. That said, Woodward was surprised and writes, "when combined, Kushner's four texts painted President Trump as crazy, aimless, stubborn and manipulative. I could hardly believe anyone would recommend these as ways to understand their father-in-law, much less the president they believed in and served."”

Steve Thomas

Do not fail to read this story about our national security community. What a ship of fools, all chasing after lucrative government contracts apparently being administered by dunderheads. Putin will double over with laughter when he reads this, as will you. Enjoy.

How One Man Conned the Beltway

The billion-dollar “Black Budget” demands secrecy. That made it a perfect target.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/09/opinion/garrison-courtney-spies-contracts.html

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Sometimes I think twice about posting certain articles because I figure that most of you guys are pretty well read and me posting a popular or "trending" news item would just be redundant. Then again, many here appear to only post articles from MSM sites or faux "alt-left" news feeds, like rawstory.com.

I have to remember that "well read" doesn't always mean discerning.

In any event,

Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize following Israel-UAE accord

Yo, Rob, something about your Nobel Prize post reminded me of David Andrews' recent comment about Trump reminding him of Auric Goldfinger. 

In describing his plan to nuke the gold reserves at Fort Knox, Auric Goldfinger told his mafia associates that mankind had achieved great things in every field of human endeavor except crime.

I think Trump deserves a Nobel Prize for Crime!

He's the first media-savvy psychopath who succeeded in completely hijacking the U.S. government!

Did you watch Rachel Maddow's Michael Cohen interview yesterday?

On 9/7/2020 at 7:51 AM, Robert Wheeler said:

Is that the best you can do Andrew?

It’s just that attempts at insults like “beta male” and “cuck” are normally the exclusive province of incels, 14-year-old boys infatuated with Ayn Rand and men who are just Insecure about their masculinity generally. I noticed you used them five or six times in a single post. Figured there was some projection going on there.

6 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Joe said:

But still, the action of letting Bob Woodward into these 18 one-on-one meet ups with Trump by Trump after Woodward's disparaging book on him, does strike my curiosity. "Fear" was critical enough of Trump to normally incur Trump's signature all out vindictive wrath. Yet, not in this case?

My thoughts completely Joe, I think it has to do with setting. Usually Trump sees his press conferences as a battle, because the reporters asking him questions have a limited amount of time to get what they want answered. It is very competitive, where Woodward can act very civil, and seem to defer to Trump and give him plenty of time, occasionally ask a few leading questions, which will usually result in giving Trump plenty of rope to hang himself.

P.S. Trump just had a press conference to talk about judges he would appoint, and challenged Biden to give a list of judges he'd appoint if he became President.

Why would Biden respond at all? There's never been any precedent for a President to disclose court nominees before he's even elected!

Also, I understand Woodward’s shtick is to tell his subjects something to the effect of, “I’m going to write this book about you. If you don’t talk to me, it will just be interviews with people who don’t like you.”

9 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Joe said:

Here's another conspiracy suggestion to throw at you.

Woodward's book comes out the same day or one after Cohen's.

And Woodward's book instantly grabs and pulls the main news media attention spot light off of Cohen and his book. 

Woodward's book is really not anywhere as damaging to Trump as Cohen's book is imo.  Yet, Woodward's book "does" hugely damage the media coverage of Cohen's book.

If I am the publisher of Cohen's book, and knew that the publisher of Woodward's book had planned for the same release date, I would have done something to counter this duel competition for sales and media coverage.

Nothing surprises me anymore in Trump world.

Suspicious of this "coincidence" and Woodward himself.

I don't buy the explanations being offered here as to how Woodward could get Trump to sit down one-on-one with him and answer Woodward's questions "18 TIMES" after Woodward trashed Trump in his first book "FEAR."

40 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Here's another conspiracy suggestion to throw at you.

Woodward's book comes out the same day or one after Cohen's.

And Woodward's book instantly grabs and pulls the main news media attention spot light off of Cohen and his book. 

Woodward's book is really not anywhere as damaging to Trump as Cohen's book is imo.  Yet, Woodward's book "does" hugely damage the media coverage of Cohen's book.

If I am the publisher of Cohen's book, and knew that the publisher of Woodward's book had planned for the same release date, I would have done something to counter this duel competition for sales and media coverage.

Nothing surprises me anymore in Trump world.

Suspicious of this "coincidence" and Woodward himself.

I don't buy the explanations being offered here as to how Woodward could get Trump to sit down one-on-one with him and answer Woodward's questions "18 TIMES" after Woodward trashed Trump in his first book "FEAR."

Would not be at all surprised Joe. I think Woodward is a Spook.

4 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

It’s just that attempts at insults like “beta male” and “cuck” are normally the exclusive province of incels, 14-year-old boys infatuated with Ayn Rand and men who are just Insecure about their masculinity generally. I noticed you used them five or six times in a single post. Figured there was some projection going on there.

That's true Andrew, straining to throw around all his newly learned phrases. Could he be trying to out elite the anti Trump elitists?

Now that you mention it,  He does appear to be plummeting the depths of desperate desire for male recognition. It is a solemn responsibility we bare, and we must be mindful, holding his fledgling  weak identity in our hands, and the resultant cries for attention.. But why us?

I'm not sure if  I buy the late in life concern over the excesses of the MIC after life long  generational Bush fandom, but if this was truly in earnest,  I think Ayn Rand would be the next logical step if he could only sit down and read a book.