• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

What I find most troubling is that after nearly four years a Christian evangelical, or Christian of any other description can support a man who embodies everything antithetical to their stated beliefs.  Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt for forgiving and supporting him after breaking every one of the ten commandments (if you break one, you break them all).  This makes us ALL sinners but we are redeemable by repenting (turning about from our evil ways).  Trump cannot even say I'm sorry, must less change his perverted ways.  Sorry for the religious diatribe, but it is simply inconceivable to me that anyone with a firm moral compass could support this.  Off my soapbox.  Going to sit around and try to figure out what I can do to make a difference before/after the trouble starts in November.

Massive movement of former top military, State Dept, and national security officials – many Republicans – endorse Joe Biden

By David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/massive-movement-of-former-top-military-state-dept-and-national-security-officials-many-republicans-endorse-joe-biden/

"Hundreds of former top U.S. military, State Dept., and national security officials, including many Republicans, are signing letters endorsing former Vice President Joe Biden for President. Each letter includes direct or implicit rebukes of President Donald Trump, his policies, actions, and remarks.

The endorsements include 75 former Republican national security officials; more than 200 retired generals and admirals; and nearly 500 retired Generals, Admirals, Senior Noncommissioned Officers, Ambassadors and Senior Civilian National Security Officials.

“We are Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. We love our country. Unfortunately, we also fear for it,” reads the letter from 489 generals, admirals, senior noncommissioned officers, ambassadors, and senior civilian national security leaders.

“The current President has demonstrated he is not equal to the enormous responsibilities of his office,” their letter says, “he cannot rise to meet challenges large or small. Thanks to his disdainful attitude and his failures, our allies no longer trust or respect us, and our enemies no longer fear us.

Another letter, signed by more than 200 retired generals and admirals, “includes 22 retired four-star military officers, among them Navy Adm. Samuel Locklear, who oversaw all U.S. forces in the Pacific from 2012 to 2015, and Adm. Harry Ulrich, who commanded U.S. naval forces in Europe during President George W. Bush’s administration,” NBC News reports.

75 former Republican national security officials, including those who “served during the administrations of Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, George W. Bush, and/or Donald Trump, or as Republican Members of Congress,” signed the most scathing letter, rebuking Trump while fully-endorsing Biden."

Steve Thomas

Central to the grift is that no matter what sin you committed or how many of them, you can be saved by accepting whatever it is  they say you have to accept. The prospect expands the field of potential marks exponentially. It's brilliant really. That's why evangelical leaders adore him. If a thrice-married, lying, thieving, whoremongering conman can come around to their side, so can you. As for the rank and file, they see him as a hero being attacked by everything that threatens them and their beliefs -- liberals, hippies, black people, Mexicans, women, gays, scientists, smart people.

52 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

What I find most troubling is that after nearly four years a Christian evangelical, or Christian of any other description can support a man who embodies everything antithetical to their stated beliefs.  Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt for forgiving and supporting him after breaking every one of the ten commandments (if you break one, you break them all).  This makes us ALL sinners but we are redeemable by repenting (turning about from our evil ways).  Trump cannot even say I'm sorry, must less change his perverted ways.  Sorry for the religious diatribe, but it is simply inconceivable to me that anyone with a firm moral compass could support this.  Off my soapbox.  Going to sit around and try to figure out what I can do to make a difference before/after the trouble starts in November.

Richard,

That's the key.

Reality sets in, and their true flesh is exposed. Both figuratively and literally.

https://thetyee.ca/Culture/2020/08/26/Falwelling-From-Grace/

It's hard for individuals to admit they are bad judges of character as it reflects poorly upon their own.

Cohen's book is almost funny about this one.

It was Falwell's idea to arrange a laying on of hands by these so called evangelicals.  So he arranged about eight of them to do a photo op of it with Trump.  Cohen says first that Trump is about as bad as Reagan when it comes to attending church regularly.  And then when it was over, he came back into his office and he says words to the effect: Did you believe that one?

After this Falwell fiasco--on the heels of Haggard,  Bakker and Swaggert--what credibility is there left to that whole movement?  

1 hour ago, Richard Price said:

I've shown this to "born again" evangelical Trump supporters; they just shrug. 

20200924_144413.jpg

Or yesterday's revelation about the same old guy, whose son was sending cash to Eastern European prostitutes with ties to child trafficking rings. 

Evangelical hypocrisy is so much more fascinating though.  

Trumpian mendacity is highly amusing, tho not exactly fascinating.

Wheeler’s “revelation” from the Johnson-Putin Report was highly qualified.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12755872/joe-biden-son-hunter-sex-trafficking-republican/

<quote on>

The 87-page report was released on Wednesday by the Republican-led Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and the Finance Committee - it looks into the younger Biden's alleged dealings in Ukraine.

Biden's campaign have panned the long-expected final report as a politically charged hatchet job.

They said its based on a "long-disproven, hardcore rightwing conspiracy theory" and previously branded it "disgraceful".

The controversial report has been released just six weeks before what is looking set to be a tightly fought presidential election November 3. 

Republican Senator Mitt Romney also criticized the report before its release, sayings its not the role of government for "taxpayer expense to be used in an effort to damage political opponents".

The Republican report also cites "extensive public reporting concerning Hunter Biden’s alleged involvement with prostitution services".

The exact nature of the allegations is unclear. 

It adds: "Records on file with the Committees do not directly confirm or refute these individual reports.

"However, they do confirm that Hunter Biden sent thousands of dollars to individuals who have either: 1) been involved in transactions consistent with possible human trafficking; 2) an association with the adult entertainment industry; or 3) potential association with prostitution." </q>

Unconfirmed reports of “possible” human trafficking and “potential” prostitution.

Typical misrepresentation by Wheeler.

https://www.snopes.com/news/2016/06/23/donald-trump-rape-lawsuit/

"As of now, all of the information about this lawsuit comes solely from the complaint filed by “Katie Johnson,” and no one has as yet located, identified, or interviewed her. She was scheduled to appear at a press conference on 2 November 2016 but didn’t show up, asserting that threats to her life kept her away. She reportedly dropped the lawsuit again on 4 November 2016 for the same reason."

I wonder if Cohen might shed some light on the threats.

5 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Could somebody explain this to me?

Trump won't wear a mask when he's surrounded by hundreds of living people, but puts one on when he's close to a dead person.

image.png.20edb00f714ae755ab67fe4d093617ad.png

Steve Thomas

You want someone to explain Donald Trump? Good luck.

On 9/24/2020 at 3:29 PM, Robert Wheeler said:

Imagine after all of that "sinning", on the part of Donald Trump, he is still able to get most of the votes of the evangelical demographic, all 6% to 25% of the US population, depending how one defines "Evangelical."

It probably has nothing to do with a rejection of the alternative candidate. 

You might know him as the old guy in all those very uncomfortable pictures of him, with kids.

Or yesterday's revelation about the same old guy, whose son was sending cash to Eastern European prostitutes with ties to child trafficking rings. 

Get ready for old Joe's trips to Little Saint James, only 8 miles due east by boat from Water Island, where Joe liked to vacation, and where the US Army had its weaponized disease testing laboratory before moving to Dugway in 1954.

Water Island has so much fascinating history to look into in one place. Bio-warfare, MK Ultra programs, Dr. Layton of Jonestown, all where Biden picked to get away from it all, and all a 15 minute Boat Ride from Epstein Island.

Evangelical hypocrisy is so much more fascinating though.  

Talk about some "very uncomfortable" photographs.

And consider that this is a man who likes to hang out in teenage beauty pageant dressing rooms. And then there's this quote. "If Ivanka wasn't my daughter perhaps I'd be dating her".

Edited by Robert Burrows

The extradition hearing for Julian Assange continues to be effectively blacked out by the corporate media in US / UK /Canada. Lawyers for the US government have openly asserted that any journalist or publication anywhere in the world faces legal retribution through the Espionage Act should they handle or publish US classified information. The threat to journalism and the public’s right-to-know is entirely under threat.

As well, the pernicious result of the campaign to institute a censorship regime across the social media monopolies is becoming evermore apparent. This campaign was sold in the name of combatting “fake news”, even as the rationale itself was the biggest case of fake news since the WMD justification for the Iraq War. The true intent is to marginalize independent information. Former British diplomat Craig Murray , who is one of the very few permitted witnesses to the Assange trial describes:

Even my blog has never been so systematically subject to shadow banning from Twitter and Facebook as now.

Normally about 50 percent of my blog readers arrive from Twitter and 40 percent from Facebook. During the trial it has been 3 percent from Twitter and 9 percent from Facebook. That is a fall from 90 percent to 12 percent.

In the February hearings Facebook and Twitter were between them sending me over 200,000 readers a day. Now they are between them sending me 3,000 readers a day. To be plain that is very much less than my normal daily traffic from them just in ordinary times. It is the insidious nature of this censorship that is especially sinister — people believe they have successfully shared my articles on Twitter and Facebook, while those corporations hide from them that in fact it went into nobody’s timeline. My own family have not been getting their notifications of my posts on either platform.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

The extradition hearing for Julian Assange continues to be effectively blacked out by the corporate media in US / UK /Canada. Lawyers for the US government have openly asserted that any journalist or publication anywhere in the world faces legal retribution through the Espionage Act should they handle or publish US classified information. The threat to journalism and the public’s right-to-know is entirely under threat.

As well, the pernicious result of the campaign to institute a censorship regime across the social media monopolies is becoming evermore apparent. This campaign was sold in the name of combatting “fake news”, even as the rationale itself was the biggest case of fake news since the WMD justification for the Iraq War. The true intent is to marginalize independent information. Former British diplomat Craig Murray , who is one of the very few permitted witnesses to the Assange trial describes:

Even my blog has never been so systematically subject to shadow banning from Twitter and Facebook as now.

Normally about 50 percent of my blog readers arrive from Twitter and 40 percent from Facebook. During the trial it has been 3 percent from Twitter and 9 percent from Facebook. That is a fall from 90 percent to 12 percent.

In the February hearings Facebook and Twitter were between them sending me over 200,000 readers a day. Now they are between them sending me 3,000 readers a day. To be plain that is very much less than my normal daily traffic from them just in ordinary times. It is the insidious nature of this censorship that is especially sinister — people believe they have successfully shared my articles on Twitter and Facebook, while those corporations hide from them that in fact it went into nobody’s timeline. My own family have not been getting their notifications of my posts on either platform.

Here is some interesting news about the trial of Assange. Its source is equally interesting.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/09/no_author/assanges-removal-from-embassy-was-coordinated-on-direct-orders-from-the-us-president-court-told/