The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

25 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

These posts are pretty much at the level of absurdity I expected on a night when the hearings were live in prime time lol

Democracy has survived a bit longer.  Kevin McCarthy is fried.  I laughed at Rudy Guliani as driver of the clown bus.  Matt Pottinger's words were powerful, as were those of others.  Especially Rep. Matt Kinzinger's closing statement.  

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Regards the Jan. 6th hearing just now, how could anyone see so many of Trump's own people say what they have said under oath about him  and their personal outrage to the point of resigning the day of the coup attempt and willingness by them and scores of others to testify against their former boss as to his obvious violation of the constitution and his oath to uphold, defend and protect such ... and still defend the guy and his actions?

Trump council Pasquale Cipilloni testified that the reason he didn't resign and walk away from Trump even before Jan. 6th, 2021 was he felt he had to stay to prevent any more crazy and damaging decisions and behavior on his boss's part.

That in his role of an officer on Trump's staff he felt his "Captain Queeg " boss was too unstable, unpredictable and even unhinged to be left alone, along with his tendency to follow other crazies and that his presence was needed to keep the ship from losing it's rudder completely.

Trump fingering steel balls while watching the Capital Building attack by himself in his private dining room and ignoring everyone around him warning that his ship was veering out of control obviously compelled Cipilloni to stay close to the helm and keep his boss from steering the USS White House into the rocky shore.

Think about Cipilloni's stated reasons for not resigning. He was afraid to leave his ship in the hands of an out of control, unbalanced Captain!

In my opinion, Trump committed a dozen high crimes with not only his purposeful inaction to stop the Capital Building mob attack, but his intimidation of state election officials to do anything they could to decertify their 2020 state vote counts in his favor.

Today's hearing witness Matthew Pottinger testified that the Jan. 6th violent insurrection threatened our national security in many ways. And he clearly believed Trump helped create it and purposely failed to stop it.

This latest hearing is just another massive weight of facts and credible testimony that prove Trump's constitution violating, criminal guilt actions were real and well beyond any reasonable doubt. 

It's getting to the point where Trump defenders don't even want to talk about Trump and Jan. 6th, 2021. They can't defend him anymore. The evidence of his criminal wrong doings is just too overwhelming.

Yet,  they still love the guy and always will.

Edited by Joe Bauer

47 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

So, you let others interpret for you?

Ron-

I am happy to read your interpretations of the 1/6 event and hearings, and the role of the Deep State therein. 

And your take on the Ray Epps character. 

I may disagree, but I am open minded. I do not take umbrage or cast aspersions as others have a different point of view. 

Yes, I read other interpretations too. 

BTW, one could read all 24 volumes of the WC...and not really know much. 

Some say the Watergate hearings...were somewhat off the mark. There was a heavy CIA presence on in the group that burgled the Watergate, not explained at the time.

I happen to think Nixon was the worst president of the postwar era (unless it was Bush jr. or LBJ), and needlessly killed millions in SE Asia. He should have been impeached, and possibly imprisoned for what he did in Laos alone. 

But were the Watergate hearings dispositive? Or...diversionary? 

Did you know the real story after the Watergate hearings? 

You think you know the real story now on 1/6? 

48 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

The Josh Hawley chicken video kind of stole the show tonight, but Trump's out take video was a close second.

I'm posting this for Ben, Rob, and any other Trumplicons who chickened out on watching tonight's historic J6 hearing.

Here's Trump on January 7, 2021 trying to apologize for inciting his deadly mob attack on the U.S. Congress.

Bump.  Watch the video.

3 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Geez, Chris.   More anti-vax disinformation from non-scientists.  Perhaps you don't know that I'm a graduate of the world's greatest medical school-- class of '83 ?

And, BTW, didn't I already post that data debunking your adverse reactions disinformation?

I've always gotten along well with Brits, although some of you -- the upper class ones-- are supercilious twits who don't know when they're intellectually and athletically overmatched.

We had some visiting med students from Oxford and Cambridge when I was in medical school at Harvard years ago.  They were shocked by the work hours at the Massachusetts General Hospital (aka Man's Greatest Hospital) where we would put in 30+ hour shifts on the medical and surgical wards.

As for the "elephant in the room" tonight-- it was Donald Trump!!  Complete with hilarious out-takes!!

🙂

It’s funny you should say that, as I feel like you may have mentioned that once or twice before on the forum. As a rule, whenever anyone has to mention their credentials in an debate, it usually means they are struggling to make their case and win the argument. You do that regularly, William. 

It’s interesting you are trying to ring-fence 67 million people as if they are one. That’s like assuming all Americans are like Homer from the Simpsons or Donald Trump, right? You’d have thought someone who professes to be so scholarly would have a more well rounded, balanced opinion. Someone who is against stereotyping or stigmatising races. Yet again, you prove you are riddled with hypocrisy and inner conflicts. 

The truth is; there are Harvard graduates I respect a lot more than you, whether in psychology, epidemiology or anything else. Your critical thinking is paralysed when it comes to affairs that you are emotional about, to the point that your post and Matt’s are virtually indistinguishable at times. You’re a herd animal, one of the many. 

I won’t sit and make others feel neurotic about the choices they made during the pandemic, ones they have to live with, as its unkind. It’s staggering at this point with the deluge of information available that you’ll sit there like an ostrich with it’s head buried in the sand. Embarrassing. 

“There are none so blind as those who will not see ...” 

I like Bob Wheeler.  I think he is funny and smart.

But he has me wrong on Russia Gate.

I never was in the Mueller camp on that.  Due to the late great Bob Parry, first and the very good Aaron Mate second. And I should add Ray McGovern also.

As per 1/6, I consider it a disaster in every way.

Just recall this:  Al Gore really did have an election stolen from him.  And that jerk Scalia then made it stick through the worst Supreme court decision since Plessy V Ferguson.

Gore was urged to take it to the streets, I know this for a fact from people inside his camp.  He did not.

That may or may not have been a mistake.  But it probably saved some lives.  Maybe mine.

OTOH, it killed 600,000 Iraqis.

Edited by James DiEugenio

15 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

I like Bob Wheeler.  I think he is funny and smart.

But he has me wrong on Russia Gate.

I never was in the Mueller camp on that.  Due to the late great Bob Parry, first and the very good Aaron Mate second. And I should add Ray McGovern also.

As per 1/6, I consider it a disaster in every way.

Just recall this:  Al Gore really did have an election stolen from him.  And that jerk Scalia then made it stick through the worst Supreme court decision since Plessy V Ferguson.

Gore was urged to take it to the streets, I know this for a fact from people inside his camp.  He did not.

That may or may not have been a mistake.  But it probably saved some lives.  Maybe mine.

OTOH, it killed 600,000 Iraqis.

Ditto.

Except--

"OTOH, it killed 600,000 Iraqis." Probably an undercount.

How many millions were displaced and then died throughout the Mideast, and then additional deaths in Afghanistan and Syria. 

We do not know for sure what Gore would have done, or even if Gore's Administration would have prevented 9/11 altogether.

But we know the carnage that results from the Bush jr. Administration. 1. Fantastically expensive, 2. copious human carnage and, 3. counterproductive.

When Bush jr. said he hit the trifecta...he was right. 

None of this makes Trump a nice guy or a good president. But keep in mind, relations between Trump and the intel state were very, very bad. Nearly JFK-level bad. 

4 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Posted for people like Ben who may have missed the presentation last night, in order that they might make their own minds up, instead of getting somebody else's opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48HH4LVn07g

Ray-

Thanks, but give me your interpretation. I would like that before watching, to look for the cues you picked up on. Maybe this weekend if chores permit....

You have got to go to the FOX NEWS website to believe it.

Every major American news media internet website is nothing but coverage of yesterday's Jan. 6th investigative committee hearing.

But Fox News?  NOTHING!

They display 6, 7 or 8 other crazily unimportant stories instead.

Hunter Biden? Former TV reality show host Frank Fritz suffering a stroke?

Fox News is completely ignoring the Jan.6th committee hearing news.

Obviously because it was so devastating in it's findings regards their hero leader Trump.

That's NOT news coverage. 

That's news burying.

No wonder Fox News listeners and readers are so purposely uninformed and misinformed.

SEARCH

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Happening Now Icon

Close

Jan. 6 hearing dominates top TV networks — except one

Associated Press
DAVID BAUDER
July 22, 2022, 3:14 AM

was post two tweets, one at 
 2:38 and the other at 3:13. 

5b4cec7b115887b17013fc87c3f11756
Scroll back up to restore default view.

NEW YORK (AP) — America's top television networks on Thursday turned prime time over to a gripping account of former President Donald Trump's actions during the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol — with one prominent exception.

The top-rated news network, Fox News Channel, stuck with its own lineup of commentators. Sean Hannity denounced the “show trial” elsewhere on TV just as he was featured in it, with the House's Jan. 6 committee examining his tweets to Trump administration figures.

Hannity aired a soundless snippet of committee members entering the hearing room as part of a lengthy monologue condemning the proceedings.

That was all Fox News Channel viewers saw of the hearing.

“It's really just a cheap, selectively edited political ad,” Hannity told his viewers.

Meanwhile, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN and MSNBC aired the second prime-time hearing, focusing on Trump's real-time response to the riot. The committee said it was the last hearing until September.

You have got to go to the FOX NEWS website to believe it.

Every major American news media internet website is nothing but coverage of yesterday's Jan. 6th investigative committee hearing.

But Fox News?  NOTHING!

They display 6, 7 or 8 other crazily unimportant stories instead.

Hunter Biden? Former TV reality show host Frank Fritz suffering a stroke?

Fox News is completely ignoring the Jan.6th committee hearing news.

Obviously because it was so devastating in it's findings regards their hero leader Trump.

That's NOT news coverage. 

That's news burying.

No wonder Fox News listeners and readers are so purposely uninformed and misinformed.

Well I'm shocked, shocked to see Rob Wheeler and Ben, once again, dodge and deflect from the historic big news of the day-- the public, Congressional exposure of Donald's Big J6 Con.

What they are doing here on the forum is a microcosm of Trumplicon Denialism in the MAGA-verse today-- the denial of Trump's sociopathy, often associated with the more general denial of science, Koch/GOP plutocracy, climate change, COVID epidemiology, etc.

Rob's modus operandi on the forum has always been to post erroneous, glib, cryptic innuendoes that sound clever but end up as nothing burgers.  The most recent example is Rob's reference to the alleged Alfa Bank/Trump Tower nothing burger-- while side stepping the unread Mueller Report and Senate Intel Report on Russian interference in our elections.

As for the Trump video clip-of-the-month, it's reminiscent of the scene in the Wizard of Oz where Toto pulls back the curtain on the Great and Powerful Oz talking into his microphone.

Edited by W. Niederhut