The Education Forum

JFK's Limo Windshield from National Archives---No Holes Barred

Jim Phelps

5 minutes ago, John Butler said:

My take on this was there were no cracks base on the Altgens 7 photos I have.  I must have a photo without high enough resolution to see those cracks.

I posted this already John.   "your" image may simply not be as good as others...  It's quite obvious here

916355806_windshieldcrackAltgens7-smaller.jpg.25f76553e6a1dc53566ad365563d6bd4.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

John... the 20:1 and 10:1 plats give us the height of the overpass railing....  428.4ft  there were half dozen surveys done we know the heights of everything...

David,

428 ft can not possibly be the height of the railroad bridge.  That's the distance to the railroad bridge.  

I don't know what the actual height of the railroad bridge from the Elm Street pavement at the foot of the bridge, but it cannot be 428 feet.  More like 30 feet for the height of the bridge form the foot to top.

17 minutes ago, John Butler said:

These calculations would be more accurate if the height of the railroad bridge was known above Elm Street.

The street directly under the overpass is elevation 404.8ft....  simply subtract from 428.4 to get distance above STREET LEVEL for the top of the railing...  at 3.27 feet for top of JFK's head...

Position A (prior to z133) is actually HIGHER than the railing as is the intersection of Elm/Houston...

If that helps at all

1527681330_Overpassrailingheight428.4.jpg.15cc2c2b8290d9beef97f91082558fe0.jpg

11 minutes ago, John Butler said:

David,

428 ft can not possibly be the height of the railroad bridge.  That's the distance to the railroad bridge.  

I don't know what the actual height of the railroad bridge from the Elm Street pavement at the foot of the bridge, but it cannot be 428 feet.  More like 30 feet for the height of the bridge form the foot to top.

The lines on the plat are 9 feet apart so that every 2 lines elevation drops 1 foot

379914297_ElevationtopofELM.jpg.922f3e97235985b4256acd74a4d9426a.jpg

Edited by David Josephs

12 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

The street directly under the overpass is elevation 404.8ft....  simply subtract from 428.4 to get distance above STREET LEVEL for the top of the railing...  at 3.27 feet for top of JFK's head...

Position A (prior to z133) is actually HIGHER than the railing as is the intersection of Elm/Houston...

If that helps at all

1527681330_Overpassrailingheight428.4.jpg.15cc2c2b8290d9beef97f91082558fe0.jpg

Thanks David

So, the height of the bridge is 428.4 minus 404 minus 3.27 or about 21 feet for the height of the bridge?

Edited by John Butler

12 minutes ago, John Butler said:

Thanks David

So, the height of the bridge is 428.4 minus 404 minus 3.27 or about 21 feet for the height of the bridge?

the 404 is STREET LEVEL...  adding 3.27 feet brings us to the top of JFK's head in the limo.

The height of the overpass railing is 428.4 - 404.8 = 23.6 feet...  the overpass itself where a truck can pass under is probably 16 - 18 feet given that railings and width of the overpass take up 6-8 feet...  those railings don't look much more than 3 feet high based on how people are leaning down on them...

The SS agents on the running boards are safely 6-7 feet high... while the bottom of the overpass appears to be about 2 or 2.5 times that height...  makes sense?

2100256075_Overpass-Bellenhanced.thumb.jpg.592698dd74c950dd2a90f7bea36dfa33.jpg

If you've ever driven with a cracked windshield...don't forget that the cracks extend and their numbers increase from the central impact point, worsening with time and continued road vibrations.  That could start within seconds of impact.

Edited by David Andrews

4 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

If you've ever driven with a cracked windshield...don't forget that the cracks extend and their numbers increase from the central impact point, worsening with time and continued road vibrations.  That could start within seconds of impact.

Fair enough David...  yet after driving and flying and driving again and parking...  the crack looks about the same as Altgens 7...  isn't this in the garage in DC?

img_1133_970_200.jpg

3 minutes ago, David Josephs said:

Fair enough David...  yet after driving and flying and driving again and parking...  the crack looks about the same as Altgens 7...  isn't this in the garage in DC?

I'm thinking of the multiplicity of crack photos, and those in your answer to Butler posted above.

6 hours ago, David Josephs said:

img_1133_970_200.jpg

Yes. That is one of the photos taken by SA Robert Frazier's team during the forensic exam of SS100X late Friday-early Saturday.  The limo had been driven from Parkland Hospital to the C-130 and then offloaded and driven from AAFB to the White House garage that night, so there are slight changes in the cracking compared to the Altgens 1-7, probably as a result of this.

No floodlights were used in these photos.  I complained to Mr. Frazier about that...and some other things as well...

So commission exhibit 350 shown above in David's post, which was taken between 1am and 4am Saturday morning November 23rd in the white house garage has to be fake!

If you believe a frontal south knoll shot was fired thru the windscreen and struck the president.

Or option 2: the photo accurately shows that no thru and thru hole existed at 1am to 4am, on the 23rd November 1963. That a bullet struck the inside area of the windshield, was fired from the rear of the vehicle when on elm street...

If 350 is accurate we now have evidence that the bullet struck the inside of the windshield deflected striking and damaging the rear side of the rear vision mirror before being found on the front seat floor of the limo between 1am and 4am on the same morning. 

If 350 is accurate we also have corroborating evidence for the fragment scrapings placed into the record taken from the inside of the windshield on November 23rd between 1am and 4am by the same men who took the photos and examined the limo.

If 350 is accurate it would also explain why bill greer didnt react like a man who had had a bullet puncture thru a glass window 15 inches from his face and leave a clear thru and thru hole removing any doubt as to what was happening right then in that split second. 

I've walked the plaza, I've stood on the triple underpass at the south side, I've walked over on the south knoll and stood in the parking area watching vehicles drive down Elm Street . In my opinion no shooter in their right mind is going to attempt to fire thru the windshield to hit the president (especially if one shot was all they were gunna get).

I'll not argue about the windshield.  

I've believed for quite some time that If a shot from the South knoll to JFK's throat happened it passed over the windshield.  Or Greer' left shoulder.

Was  the purpose of a throat shot to shut him up?  No scream or yell from pain of other shots, no "I've been hit"?

Not according to Cunningham...

”cracks on outside layer of glass” “no cracks inside layer”

he does say “struck from inside” yet this view is looking at the windshield from in front of the limo.... “point of impact” is described here as the outside of the window.... 

11 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

In my opinion no shooter in their right mind is going to attempt to fire thru the windshield to hit the president (especially if one shot was all they were gunna get).

And an opinion it surely is Adam...  the Evidence I’ve already posted in this thread proves the opposite....  as to WHY again...  I posted that too...  the shot would not be at such an angle but virtually straight on... as long as McHugh as gone.

Ce350 and Dallas images match as to that impact. Altgens7 matches... limo at Parkland matches....  one has to wonder, like nyc steel in 2001, why the important scene of the crime evidence was destroyed and/or spirited away under the watchful eyes of the FBI and Secret Service...

8 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

The damage to the windshield was on the inside of the glass and not the outside.  That is important.  The fragment that caused it came from behind.  

1121751526_Cunninghamreportanddrawingonlimowindshield2of2-withwriting.thumb.jpg.c894ccebea23cf5e7d3255d00064fe9b.jpg

11 hours ago, Adam Johnson said:

If 350 is accurate we also have corroborating evidence for the fragment scrapings placed into the record taken from the inside of the windshield on November 23rd between 1am and 4am by the same men who took the photos and examined the limo.

Fwiw, this is now empty.... and the report below is crystal clear...

1411692249_CredibleEvidence-ce841-cannisterholdingleadscrapingsfromwindshield.jpg.e40ca0a99bfa17bffe179c30a856b2bd.jpg531830872_Smallholeinwindshieldbasedonlimochronology-smaller.thumb.jpg.a80cce0397625155e15568cf916c6809.jpg