The Education Forum

COUP IN DALLAS

Early reviews are in for H.P. Albarelli's COUP IN DALLAS.

“Remarkable! ... Truly, this is an epic study that will stand the test of time.”
—Dick Russell, investigative journalist and bestselling author of On the Trail of the JFK Assassins and They Killed Our President

“Notes in a dead man’s diary. Dark mischief? Or, as H. P. Albarelli writes, vital clues pointing to the true assassins of President Kennedy? Persuaded or not, readers will be gripped by his herculean research.”
—Anthony Summers, author of Not in Your Lifetime

“Who killed JFK? And why should it still matter? This long-awaited book provides astonishing new answers to those questions. What occurred that day in Dallas was, indeed, a coup—a coup meticulously carried out by fascist zealots still devoted to the cause that was ostensibly defeated with the fall of Mussolini's Italy and N*zi Germany. Backed by a global network of almighty private interests, abetted by covert state agencies, and with their every trace expertly hidden by the cover story blared throughout the media, they killed America's young president, and left American democracy for dead. Thus, Coup in Dallas is a necessary book not just for JFK researchers, but for all who want to know how the United States became a nation under permanent 'emergency' conditions, ruled by mandates and decrees.”
—Mark Crispin Miller, professor of media studies at New York University; editor, News from Underground, markcrispinmiller.com

“Albarelli tirelessly worked the shadows where academic scholars feared to tread and other seekers lost their way, a shining torch for truth.”
 —Michael J. Briggs, former editor-in-chief University Press of Kansas, publisher of The Zapruder Film and Breach of Trust

“An impressive and staggering piece of investigative journalism. Based upon the jotted-down notations found in the 1963 Datebook of an amoral clandestine government henchman, we now know the identities of some of the planners and perpetrators of the Crime of the Century.”
—J. Gary Shaw, coauthor of Cover-Up, cofounder JFK Assassination Information Center, ASK, and founding member of AARC 

“Mind-boggling. . . A fascinating compendium of new information which I will consult extensively in my own continuing JFK work.”
—Russ Baker, investigative journalist and historian, bestselling author of Family of Secrets, editor-in-chief of WhoWhatWhy, currently engaged in a two-decade JFK book research project

“When respected investigative journalists raise questions about political and social forces that gained substantial power advantages following the assassination of JFK, their work should not be dismissed lightly. Using an academic perspective, this compelling study examines the forces that likely influenced the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. If you believed that Kennedy was a traitor, then his assassination becomes an act of patriotism. Earlier forms of reactionary information systems, substantially (but not exclusively) on the political right, identified him as such, and as a threat to democracy. Decades later, the same forces motivated the insurgents that stormed the US Capitol in defense of the 45th president demanding a second term. As presented in Coup in Dallas, a similar network of conspiracist rightist mindset provided the script of liberal treason and betrayal that prompted the assassination of President Kennedy.”
—Chip Berlet, editor of The Assassination Please Almanac, author of Eyes Right!, coauthor of Right-Wing Populism in America

I have a new, 4000 word essay appearing at the end of COUP IN DALLAS, which was written by me earlier this year following several months discussion and research with Albarelli's co-author Leslie Sharp. The process of putting together that essay uncovered a number of additional bits and pieces, some of which will eventually be posted here on the board. COUP IN DALLAS is out very soon on Amazon, and there are listings of either October 26th or mid November for the release date. It went to the printers a couple of weeks ago, so there will be no more delays.

Edited by Anthony Thorne

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Anthony.  Lesley Sharp contacted me last year asking about John Howard Bowen.

So I am looking forward to this book too.  Cheers!

I too look forward to reading this.  Thanks to Leslie for helping make it happen and for your part a well.

Edited by Ron Bulman

• 4 weeks later...

Amazon lists a publication date of November 16th 2021 for 'Coup in Dallas: The Decisive Investigation into Who Killed JFK' in hardcover.

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Who was the "amoral clandestine government henchman" whose "jotted-down notations" found in a 1963 datebook are mentioned as a basis for the book?

Ditto.

"When respected investigative journalists raise questions about political and social forces that gained substantial power advantages following the assassination of JFK, their work should not be dismissed lightly. 

Using an academic perspective, this compelling study examines the forces that likely influenced the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy. 

If you believed that Kennedy was a traitor, then his assassination becomes  >>> an act of patriotism. <<<

Earlier forms of reactionary information systems, substantially (but not exclusively) on the political right, identified him as such, and as  >>> a threat to democracy. <<<

Decades later,  >>> the same forces motivated the insurgents that stormed the US Capitol in defense of the 45th president demanding a second term. <<<

As presented in Coup in Dallas, a similar network of conspiracist rightist mindset provided the script of liberal treason and betrayal that prompted the assassination of President Kennedy.”

Edited by Joe Bauer

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Who was the "amoral clandestine government henchman" whose "jotted-down notations" found in a 1963 datebook are mentioned as a basis for the book?

Over fifteen years ago, while beginning to research a book on the odd death of U.S. Army biochemist, Dr. Frank R. Olson, I became aware of the existence of an enigmatic character with the unlikely name Jean Pierre Lafitte. The origins of my awareness came from my perusal of the 1952 and 1953 diaries of Federal Bureau of Narcotics official George Hunter White; a September 20, 1977 article in the New York Times by investigative journalists John M. Crewdson and Jo Thomas; and the private notes and correspondence of James R. Phelan, an investigative journalist and writer, who, in the 1950s through the 1960s, was quite close to both Lafitte and White.
Later, during the year 2000, my knowledge about Lafitte grew considerably greater after I was consulted on Frank Olson’s murder by investigators for New York City District Attorney Robert Morgenthau’s office. Spurred by these meetings, I made about a dozen trips to northern New England and southern Florida to interview several individuals who were close to Pierre Lafitte.
About 18 months ago, while researching a forthcoming biography of George Hunter White, these interviews resulted in my gaining access to some of the personal writings of Lafitte, including his private date books, which stylistically are quite similar to those of FBN official and CIA consultant, George White. Suffice it to say, I became intrigued with the life and activities of the man known as Jean Pierre Lafitte, who beginning in 1952, through to about 1978, covertly work for the FBN, CIA, FBI, Secret Service, and INS. Lafitte also managed to carry out a number of major, international swindling schemes and operated a number of well-known restaurants.
In June 1952, according to a letter by George White, the CIA officially recruited Lafitte as a “special employee” after he was summoned to Washington, D.C. to meet with CIA officials, Dr. Sidney Gottlieb and James Jesus Angleton. Wrote White: “Expecting to be at CIA only a day, Lafitte was held over for a few days. I hope to hell they know what they are in for. I suspect even to that crew that he’s one of a kind.” While at CIA headquarters, Lafitte also met Agency Security Chief, Sheffield Edwards, Frank Wisner, and Richard Helms. Subsequently, Lafitte undertook a number of covert domestic and international assignments for the CIA, including a trip to the Republic of the Congo in December 1960, which coincided with the January 1961 CIA-assisted assassination of Patrice Lumumba. Lafitte’s work for the CIA lasted until about 1978.
While writing my book on Olson’s murder, A TERRIBLE MISTAKE: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA’s Secret Cold War Experiments [Trine Day, 2009], of which Lafitte played an integral and deadly role, I could not avoid learning about a number of provocative connections between Monsieur Lafitte and Lee Harvey Oswald and the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Not the least of these connections was that Lafitte, using an assumed named, throughout the 1960s lived in New Orleans. Indeed, in an incident that caused a flap at CIA headquarters in December 1969, the FBI arrested Lafitte in New Orleans. Briefly detained, he was released after a number of discrete phone calls from Capitol Hill were made to FBI headquarters. At the time of his arrest, Lafitte worked as the head chef at the Plimsoll Club, then part of the International Trade Mart.
Portions of Lafitte’s date books for his New Orleans years are revealing of his dealings with various CIA officials, including at least 3 apparent meetings with CIA Western Hemisphere Division employee, George Efythron Joannides. Interestingly, Lafitte’s second encounter with Joannides occurred the second week of August 1963, just days after Lee Harvey Oswald’s Friday, August 9 arrest for provoking a disturbance through leafleting for his Fair Play for Cuba Committee New Orleans chapter. Lafitte’s handwritten notations for Friday, August 16, 1963 read: “… at Antoines room— Martello, Joanides [sic] & Labadie. Quigly [sic] interview Oswald over street demonstration. Call Holdout.” Another notation, made 6 days later reads: “Talk Joanides Cuba—refers to K Organization in Mexico— similar setup now. [D]iscuss with King, ask George and Charles about Havana, Mexico trips…”
NOTES: “Antoines room” is thought to be Antoine’s, a well-known New Orleans restaurant that hosted meetings and gatherings in a number of private rooms. There are several references to Antoine’s in the date books. “Martello” appears to be a reference to New Orleans Police Department officer, Lt. Francis L. Martello; not to be confused with Francis “Monk” Martello. Lt. Martello interviewed Oswald in the New Orleans lockup on August 10, 1963. “Quigly” is perhaps a misspelling of the name Quigley. FBI SA John L. Quigley also interviewed Oswald in New Orleans jail. “Labadie” is a known alias, as in Jean Labadie, that Lafitte used often in New York City, but it is also the surname of Stephen J. Labadie, a special agent for the FBI. “Holdout” is unknown; perhaps it is a code-name for a program or confidential informer. “King” is most likely J.C. King, CIA Western Hemisphere director, but could possibly be William Harvey, as some CIA associated people occasionally and mockingly referred to Harvey as “King.” “George and Charlie” are believed to be FBN officials.

Fascinating find.

Are these notes verifiably authenticated?

Was there ever any other one individual or group that stood on a busy downtown corner in mid-week broad daylight and handed out pro-Castro pamphlets in a city known as perhaps the most virulent hot-headed violent minded anti-Castro ones in America ( second to Miami ) before Oswald?

And that of course culminated with a widely reported brawl between Oswald and angry Castro haters?

An incident widely covered and reported with Oswald even interviewed on radio and even TV days after?

Fired coffee machine cleaner Oswald's actions in this regard in the city of New Orleans at that super hot anti-Castro time and location was as bat-s*** crazy illogical as staging a Marine recruitment drive demonstration on the campus of UC Berkeley, or Peoples Park or Haight Ashbury in 1968/69.

Seems obvious Oswald (and whoever was paying him to do this crazy thing) knew in advance and wanted an incident like the brawl to happen. To create publicity and help solidify Oswald's pre-planned Pro-Castro credentials.

If all that news coverage ( newspaper, radio, TV ) of broad daylight, downtown Pro-Castro pamphlet passing Oswald in one of the top two most violent minded anti-Castro cities in America didn't put him on the highest priority radar of all the intel groups in New Orleans, nothing would.

Oswald would have been heavily watched from that point on in that almost paranoid anti-communist mentality time and place. Don't you think?

For Oswald to be dismissed as a lone nut not worthy of any tabs keeping for the next 3 months up until 11/22/1963 ( even after moving to Oak Cliff ) is just as illogical and improbable.

Everything about Oswald was illogical and improbable.

Edited by Joe Bauer