The Education Forum

THIS Is The Presidential Candidate You Intend To Support?

Good lord, lets re-elect the 80 year old who displays signs of early on set Dementia and Alzheimer's disease to run your country for another 4 years.

Oh, and since your current president is a medical miracle operating at full mental capacity without the assistance of any drug...

Whom do you the american voter believe is actually making the decisions behind the scenes for your incapacitated figurehead and really running the United States of America....because from every other country in the western world not many of us think it's Joe Biden.

God bless America....you have a chance at change, progress and a new future with RFK Jr and the intellectual people he would bring together to lead your country but i fear you will squander that chance on an 80 plus year old vegetable and blame the rest of the world for your troubles for the next 25 years or 60 years(1963-2023).

"Opportunity comes once in a lifetime,Yo! So dont lose yourself in the music and flow, you only get one shot." said Aristotle or Shakespeare or Chaucer or Dylan or some ancient deep thinker.

Good luck, the world and your allies are watching.

AJ.

Edited by Adam Johnson
Spelling errors

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Adam Johnson said:

Good lord, lets re-elect the 80 year old who displays signs of early on set Dementia and Altzhimer's disease to run your country for another 4 years.

Oh, and since your current president is a medical miracle operating at full mental capacity without the assistance of any drug...

Whom do you the american voter believe is actually making the decisions behind the scenes for your incapacitated figurehead and really running the United States of America....because from every other country in the western world not many of us think it's Joe Biden.

God bless America....you have a chance at change, progress and a new future with RFK Jr and the intellectual people he would bring together to lead your country but i fear you will squander that chance on an 80 plus year old vegetable and blame the rest of the world for your troubles for the next 25 years or 60 years(1963-2023).

"Opportunity comes once in a lifetime,Yo! So dont lose yourself in the music and flow, you only get one shot." said Aristotle or Shakespeare or Chaucer or Dylan or some ancient deep thinker.

Good luck, the world and your allies are watching.

AJ.

It's complicated, Adam.

Many of us would prefer to see a younger, qualified liberal Democratic torch bearer, like California Governor Gavin Newsom, emerge in 2024.

That said, it's critically important for American liberals to prevent a further regression toward reactionary, plutocratic, right wing governance in the U.S.-- the GOP suppression of voting, of women's rights, LGBT rights, environmental protection, and their "trickle down" tax cuts for billionaires and corporations.

The right wing propaganda focus on Biden's age has been relentless, and it obscures Biden's effective record of governance since January of 2021.  His knowledge of policy issues dwarfs Trump's abysmal ignorance and ineptitude.

As for RFK, Jr., he has had no experience in governance, and he has exhibited a series of flawed judgments, especially in matters of science and public health.  He's not our guy, and has mainly been promoted by the right wing Aussie propaganda mogul Rupert Murdoch.

What is especially off-putting about RFK,Jr., to date, is his reluctance to criticize Donald Trump and his destructive, white supremacist MAGA cult.

These are the guys who attacked the U.S. Congress on January 6, 2021, to block the certification of Biden's election-- an unprecedented crime against American democracy.

1 hour ago, Adam Johnson said:

lets re-elect the 80 year old who displays signs of early on set Dementia and Altzhimer's disease to run your country for another 4 years.

Do you always make up random lies about people that you know nothing about? Seems like a bizarre way to live your life...

1 hour ago, Adam Johnson said:

Mockingbird getting to work on RFK Jr....

So, when every other Presidential candidate goes through the microscope of press coverage it's perfectly normal, but with RFK Jr. it's Mockingbird?

Bold analysis there, fella.

See, we don't coronate people here in the U.S. because of their name. We hold elections. If RFK Jr. does or says something stupid, he will get called out on it. That's the kind of job the U.S. Presidency is.

Anyone that can't handle something that basic, is perhaps too thin-skinned for the job.

14 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Yes, that's old news to all of us.

To clarify for the irony-challenged, there’s been no logical rebuttal of RFK Jr’s vaccines stance by any member of this forum or anyone else as far as I know, including Professor Hotez.

There have only been instead idiotic culture war catch cries.

22 minutes ago, John Cotter said:

To clarify for the irony-challenged, there’s been no logical rebuttal of RFK Jr’s vaccines stance by any member of this forum or anyone else as far as I know, including Professor Hotez.

It's maddening that while RFK Jr. could contribute something meaningful to the American people on the subject of assassinations, instead he wants to talk about vaccinations. His uncle didn't get vaccinated in Dallas, nor his father in L.A.

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

Pro-Trump counties continue to suffer far higher COVID death tolls

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls

Biden Counties Continue to Have Higher Vaccination Rates Compared to Trump Counties, As the Omicron Variant Surges Across the U.S.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/press-release/biden-counties-continue-to-have-higher-vaccination-rates-compared-to-trump-counties-as-the-omicron-variant-surges-across-the-u-s/

5 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Pro-Trump counties continue to suffer far higher COVID death tolls

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/19/1098543849/pro-trump-counties-continue-to-suffer-far-higher-covid-death-tolls

Biden Counties Continue to Have Higher Vaccination Rates Compared to Trump Counties, As the Omicron Variant Surges Across the U.S.

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/press-release/biden-counties-continue-to-have-higher-vaccination-rates-compared-to-trump-counties-as-the-omicron-variant-surges-across-the-u-s/

Even if this were true, it would be irrelevant to my point.

19 minutes ago, Ron Ecker said:

It's maddening that while RFK Jr. could contribute something meaningful to the American people on the subject of assassinations, instead he wants to talk about vaccinations. His uncle didn't get vaccinated in Dallas, nor his father in L.A.

Poignant, and well said, Ron.

It's my understanding that traumatized individuals often take up the mantle of anything but the original source of their personal trauma as a coping mechanism. Had RFK Jr. persuaded his family to release his father's files on his private investigation, we might be further along.

46 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

RFKjr’s complaint about inadequate testing of rDNA covid vaccines is moot.

By your “logic”, the same could be said about anything you – or I – say.

That and the fact that you place so much trust in authorities who have political agendas and who have been captured by manufacturers of experimental concoctions with criminal records out to make a killing puts you beyond the pale of reason.

As a healthy 67-year-old in 2021, I chose instead to trust my natural immune system which had evolved over at least seven million years and which is concerned exclusively with protecting my health, not profit-making.

It’s called rationality.

If you chose differently, I would be wasting my time trying to debate someone who has so heavily invested in a position which is fundamentally irrational.

1 hour ago, John Cotter said:

By your “logic”, the same could be said about anything you – or I – say.

70.3% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
13.48 billion doses have been administered globally

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Insufficient testing?

5 hours ago, John Cotter said:

[...]

As a healthy 67-year-old in 2021, I chose instead to trust my natural immune system which had evolved over at least seven million years and which is concerned exclusively with protecting my health, not profit-making.

It’s called rationality.

[...]

7 million years of immune growth? What planet might your species have lived on? -- In my neighborhood during the COVID pandemic, we called the above kind of thinking "insanity" (of course we were all over 65 and of liberal persuasion)...