The Education Forum

RFK Jr and his petition to Open the Files

James DiEugenio

I think this is pretty good, nice effort by him.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically, if the remaining records pertain to foreign governments that were and still are our strongest international allies, would Trump and Biden be justified in refusing to release the final tranche.

If RFK2 only views the assassination in Dallas through the constricted lens of THE CIA, THE US Military, THE US Government and disgruntled Cubans, I can see why he might fail to recognize there could be another persistent threat to national security: the collapse of critical international strategic and diplomatic alliances.

What if the files expose, for instance, that elements inside the governments of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Mexico, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Chile, Egypt, Israel and/or South Africa, or Ukraine and NATO, were complicit in their silence or worse.

Can we in fact be certain “our friends allied against ‘communism’” are not still withholding records of what they knew of the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy. (I’m thinking in particular of the Vatican, SDECE / DST, and INTERPOL.) What might have been the contemporary repercussions of those revelations during the chaos of the Trump administration. Could Biden risk the fragile global balance while cleaning up after Trump.

Perhaps Robert Jr.’s myopia is reason for concern. Who is he listening to.

Edited by Leslie Sharp

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks. I see no responses. Does it not worry you that very few members here support RFK JR? 

Well, to be frank Paul, yes it does.

He's the one guy out there who is doing this stuff.  I mean who can trust Trump after what he did when he had the chance to let everything go in 2017.

So yes, its a bit troubling.  One would think this would be a non partisan issue.

I signed it.  The lack of appreciation for RFK Jr among the forum group is more than a bit troubling from my perspective too.

I signed the gosh-durned petition already. Before James posted a link. I signed it simply to put pressure on Biden and Congress. Unitary Executive abrogation of the JFK Records Act is unacceptable. Doofus Republicans might could impeach Biden for violating it, but won't touch the issue, looks like. And yet, Leslie is right, we don't know what we don't know.

9 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Well, to be frank Paul, yes it does.

He's the one guy out there who is doing this stuff.  I mean who can trust Trump after what he did when he had the chance to let everything go in 2017.

So yes, its a bit troubling.  One would think this would be a non partisan issue.

Somehow, the Biden Administration's snuff job on the JFK Records Act has garnered support or tacit approval even from EF-JFKA members, evidently for partisan reasons. Some members have suggested if Biden is snuffing the records, it must be for good reason. And if RFK2 wants to open up the records, the reasons are suspect. 

I cannot fathom such thinking, except that we live in polarized times, and people are grasping onto identities, be it ID politics, or major-party partisanship. The media fans this ID politics and partisanship constantly. 

Frankly, I would vote for Attila the Hun if he would open up the JFK Records Act. 

9 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

Hypothetically, if the remaining records pertain to foreign governments that were and still are our strongest international allies, would Trump and Biden be justified in refusing to release the final tranche.

If RFK2 only views the assassination in Dallas through the constricted lens of THE CIA, THE US Military, THE US Government and disgruntled Cubans, I can see why he might fail to recognize there could be another persistent threat to national security: the collapse of critical international strategic and diplomatic alliances.

What if the files expose, for instance, that elements inside the governments of Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Mexico, France, Italy, Germany, Argentina, Chile, Egypt, Israel and/or South Africa, or Ukraine and NATO, were complicit in their silence or worse.

Can we in fact be certain “our friends allied against ‘communism’” are not still withholding records of what they knew of the conspiracy to assassinate Kennedy. (I’m thinking in particular of the Vatican, SDECE / DST, and INTERPOL.) What might have been the contemporary repercussions of those revelations during the chaos of the Trump administration. Could Biden risk the fragile global balance while cleaning up after Trump.

Under the JFK Act, the President was supposed to certify which records could not be released after 2017 and the reason why each record could not be released. This was to be recorded in a publicly available register. There were a small number of defined reasons for the non-disclosure of records and one of the reasons included potential for harm to foreign relations as you raise above. So Trump and Biden would have been justified by law in those circumstances.

However to my knowledge neither one of those two Presidents certified a single record that has been withheld (so they have not followed the law). 

Whatever your beliefs are on the assassination when you consider that these records should have been released years ago and the laws governing these records have not been followed by the highest elected official in the world you have to ask yourself, "in whose interest is it that these records remain classified after 60 years?"

I struggle to see this petition as something that should be divisive. 

1 hour ago, Mart Hall said:

Whatever your beliefs are on the assassination when you consider that these records should have been released years ago and the laws governing these records have not been followed by the highest elected official in the world you have to ask yourself, "in whose interest is it that these records remain classified after 60 years?"

I struggle to see this petition as something that should be divisive. 

Indeed, yet it is, in my opinion because the propaganda against RFK JR is effective, leaning heavily on ‘Trump derangement syndrome’. Trump must be defeated, ergo dissenting voices among Democrats must be snuffed. I wish we would take heart by looking at the origin of the Republican Party. Would slavery have ended without its creation? There are worse things than Trump, but my liberal friends, nearly all of them, are blinded by fear of what he would do if he was re-elected. 

12 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

You're grasping at straws in trying to defend the indefensible.

13 hours ago, Leslie Sharp said:

From sixty years ago? I don’t buy that at all. If allies are upset or embarrassed at anything released from sixty years ago, let them suck it up and deal with it, they’ll still be allies. What is this, a floating of a bs justification meme for continued withholding from history? A modernized (and much less convincing today than then) version of LBJ’s “if you don’t agree to our secrecy there could be World War III”?

18 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I think this is pretty good, nice effort by him.

I go to sign, and I see Kennedy24.com.

How tasteless, Everything has to be political these days, doesn't it?

Isn't this very myopic of him to link this to this issue to his campaign? His campaign shouldn't be exploiting this issue.

I'm wondering how much his sisters and brothers who aren't enthusiastic about his candidacy feel about that.

Paul:There are worse things than Trump, but my liberal friends, nearly all of them, are blinded by fear of what he would do if he was re-elected. 

Veering into politics Paul? Ok, Paul, because you're the one person here with vision, and know the best of all possible worlds, and you can read the tea leaves, tell us how their fears are unjustified?.

I'm sorry RK veered into politics as well.

Ok I signed, and gave them a phony phone number.

@Greg Doudna You have no understanding of policy continuity if you argue the 1960’s aren’t reflected in current geopolitics. 60 years are a blip on the screen of the Great Game.  

Why haven’t you researched the Kameradenwerke, the Grand Mufti and the Reich, the French Connection, the blowback of Algeria’s war for independence, Ethiopia/Eritrea and the Italians, Ireland’s ‘neutrality’ and the Nazis, NATO and INTERPOL in context of the assassination v. 2017 when Trump failed to deliver.

Had Kennedy lived, what would our policies look like today? No doubt you argue his influence would still be apparent on the global stage after just 60 years? Or are you still staring at Cuba and Vietnam?

Edited by Leslie Sharp