The Education Forum

I AM SORRY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

we are allotted 20 GB of data storage. My question is, what happens if we are using over our allotted amount?

Great question. Hopefully someone on the admin side can get an answer. BTW, regarding images taking up space, a while ago when I ran out of my quota for attachments, Kathy Beckett advised me that as an alternative we can post photos on google docs: "Just open up a Google account, go to google docs to set up, copy your photo and paste it to Docs. Then you could post the link in your Forum post." If this were our standard operating procedure it might help.

10 minutes ago, Rob Couteau said:

Great question. Hopefully someone on the admin side can get an answer. BTW, regarding images taking up space, a while ago when I ran out of my quota for attachments, Kathy Beckett advised me that as an alternative we can post photos on google docs: "Just open up a Google account, go to google docs to set up, copy your photo and paste it to Docs. Then you could post the link in your Forum post." If this were our standard operating procedure it might help. 

To save space I upload documents to Internet Archive then post a link from them to this forum.

4 hours ago, John Kowalski said:

just donated.

Since my ill-thought-out effort to "send Joe Bauer to Dealey Plaza" faded into the mist, I am hopefully rescuing that intent by donating  the $100 to the Forum fund. It will serve the purpose intended-- assisting the perception of Dallas, 1963.

( I think the go-fund-me process might be best of all so that people aren't put off by a subscription when they come to the site; unlike paypal it is easier and more versatile to use, imho.)

23 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Kirk,

Are you certain that you embedded the videos themselves? Or did you embed links to the videos?

Sandy, I have no knowledge and was merely asking. I made that assumption from Rob's post below to you.

Rob said;  Hi Sandy, I was thinking of things such as when users embed an entire video in a message rather than merely the link. I was wondering if changing that sort of thing would help.

But Sandy, I should say i have used your guidelines on "how to delete photos to free up attachment space" several time's, and I appreciate the work you did to inform us because it's  not that logically laid out  to figure out on your own, at least not for me and I don't do it that frequently. So I always find myself following your steps. Thanks for your help...

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

I've been in a cabin by a river with no internet service the last four days.  Refreshing/relaxing, but to come back to this is distressing.  The forum must be preserved.  It's the only place I'm aware of where civil discourse occurs on the subject among the public from peons like me to actual researchers and writers.  Sometimes we learn from each other in many ways, questions being welcome here if relevant.  The history on the site is a precious resource.

I'm all for whatever needs to be done.  I still work for a living but I'll put up $35 now if that's what's needed in addition to a $35 subscription if it is too.  I don't think a subscriptions should be required to participate but the current rules for membership should be maintained as well as the moderation of posts for relevance and civility.

I posted last week about not being able to donate through the link provided.  From reading this thread I see others have done so successfully.  I don't know if it's got to do with my often slow speed "county" internet or what.  I'm  technologically inept.  I've got to go in to work tomorrow to run a report.  I'll try from there.

I had trouble donating too when I went first to the "Step-by-Step Process" thread, and started clicking on the illustration there instead of the actual links.

Make sure you click on the "Store" link that's at the top of this page (not in the aforementioned thread), then you'll see a link that says "Donations." 

That's the trouble I was having anyway.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, Ron Ecker said:

I had trouble donating too when I went first to the "Step-by-Step Process" thread, and started clicking on the illustration there instead of the actual links.

Make sure you click on the "Store" link that's at the top of this page (not in the aforementioned thread), then you'll see a link that says "Donations." 

That's the trouble I was having anyway.

Thanks, Ron. Just donated.

For those who were having the same difficulty, the link is under the three horizontal bars at top right  of the page. 

Edited by Ray Mitcham

On 5/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, Robert Harper said:

Since my ill-thought-out effort to "send Joe Bauer to Dealey Plaza" faded into the mist, I am hopefully rescuing that intent by donating  the $100 to the Forum fund. It will serve the purpose intended-- assisting the perception of Dallas, 1963.

( I think the go-fund-me process might be best of all so that people aren't put off by a subscription when they come to the site; unlike paypal it is easier and more versatile to use, imho.)

Robert,  your offer to help fund a trip to Dealey Plaza for me wasn't ill-thought-out at all imo.

It was one of the most kind and thoughtful acts of generosity I've ever had bestowed upon me and I will never forget it.

Especially since this beneficent gift was offered to me by someone I've never personally met and whom didn't owe me a thing.

When I read your offer here on the forum, I felt like one of those people on the old TV show "The Millionaire" when they were contacted by "Michael Anthony" and presented with a cashiers check for a MILLION DOLLARS for no reason but the humanitarian interests of Anthony's billionaire benefactor boss "John Beresford Tipton Jr." !

Of course however, I couldn't accept it for several reasons, none of which diminished it's greatly good and super appreciated intentions.

Thank you for donating $100 to the forum.

Yours, Joe B.

P.S.   It looks like the fund is growing well!

Edited by Joe Bauer

I have just donated.  A yearly subscription rate is fine by me.  The forum was really changed and improved by James Gordon in recent times.  It is a much more civil place to be.  I would like to see the rules of the forum maintained and guests and viewers allowed access to the forum and even comment if they so desire.  In other words keep things as they are with the new subscription.

Edited by John Butler
grammar

5 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

For those who were having the same difficulty, the link is under the three horizontal bars at top right  of the page. 

Well that's weird. On my computer the link is at the top left of the page. I don't even see three horizontal bars at the top right.

46 minutes ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Screen shot, Ron

ed-forum.png

Okay, I'll do a screen shot too when I figure out how to do it. We'll have us a shootout.