The Education Forum

Mark Zaid, JFK and Trump

James DiEugenio

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

In just the last few weeks Trump has created 4 majorly humiliating leadership gaffs that are worse than embarrassing, and that in total should be receiving much more media coverage as a reflection of his never ending presidential office incompetence.

The parents of the young British man killed by an American diplomat's wife driving on the wrong side of the road in England were furious at Trump's shameless attempt to have them meet their son's killer without prior notice when they were brought into the White House. They felt they were being used in a self-promoting photo-op ploy by Trump.

They went back to England feeling more depressed and angry over this than before they made the initial trip to the U.S.!  How embarrassing. How stupid.

The brazenly self-promoted Trump Mar-A-Lago scheme blew up as it should have and was headlined in the national media until it was quickly withdrawn. Another humiliating and embarrassing Trump gaff.

The spontaneous withdrawal from Syria announcement by Trump was met with such outrage even by our own military that he and his team had to immediately create and initiate a damage control campaign that was just frantic. What a diplomatic disaster and mess that situation still is.

When Trump finally went to and presented himself in person at a large audience venue of non-screened citizens, he was greeted by the loudest booing and jeering response any President has ever received at such a major event like the World Series. Thousands even shouted "LOCK HIM UP!" to add to his humiliation.

He earned that negative response.

This "lock him up" chant was a reference to Trump's own "lock her up" sound bite (referring to Hillary Clinton ) and that he created and constantly encouraged his angry rally crowds to yell and repeat over and over for years by not ever telling them to stop.

All this craziness in just one month!?

Trump's presidency has been one after another of these humiliating and embarrassing leadership failures ... for years. Hundreds of them!

Obama never had "one" of these embarrassing incidents ... in 8 years!

However, Trump is still loved by his base, regardless of his constant incompetent leadership failures.

We are in a precarious state with half our country pretending nothing's wrong with this high anxiety causing President.

What??? You forgot Trump trying to surrender to the Taliban at Camp David the week of 9/11!!! A classic!

4 hours ago, Kenneth Drew said:

Does the following news report sound as if the Trump "bombshell" meet up plan for the British parents was anything other than a PR disaster that left the parents in a worse grieving state than before they flew out here?

The family of a British teenager killed in a wrong-way crash involving the wife of an American diplomat said President Donald Trump dropped a "bombshell" during a meeting at the White House, revealing that the woman was waiting to meet them in the room next door, NBC News reported. Their lawyer said the way the meeting was proposed was "so wrong." 

Harry Dunn, 19, was killed after his motorcycle was hit by Anne Sacoolas, who admits driving on the wrong side of the road near a British military base used by the United States. 

Sacoolas, 42, whose husband is an American diplomat assigned to the United Kingdom, said she cooperated with the police but flew back to the U.S. three weeks later. 

The case has sparked a transatlantic dispute about whether she still has diplomatic immunity from prosecution. 

"The bombshell was dropped not soon after we walked in the room: Anne Sacoolas was in the building and was willing to meet with us," Dunn's mother, Charlotte Charles, told reporters in Washington afterward. "We made it very clear that as we've said all along … we would still love to meet with her but it has to be on our terms and on U.K. soil." 

She said such a meeting should involve "therapists and mediators in the room."

10 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Interesting if true:

RW: Adam Schiff’s whistleblower, CIA analyst Eric Ciarmella, is also Strzok’s CI in the Whitehouse.

It's more "kill the messenger" Trumpaganda, IMO.

There are now multiple whistleblowers in Trump's Ukraine-gate extortion scam.

And, if Trump is innocent, why has he repeatedly lied about his Ukrainian extortion scam and aggressively blocked his associates from testifying?

What is the larger franchise the VIndmans are closer to?

Guilt by association, guilt by ancestry, both worth examining but not proof. Now you ask us to read a story that might be similar to the one you are weaving about the Vindmans. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Guilt by association, guilt by ancestry, both worth examining but not proof. Now you ask us to read a story that might be similar to the one you are weaving about the Vindmans. 

Exactly. They fine line every single ridiculous defense of Trump to the enth degree (even when he admits his own guilt and is testified against by numerous witnesses) and then use any kind of innuendo or speculation to condemn an apparently credible accuser. A completely irrelevant article used to smear someone because they're willing to defend any action of Trump's.

The $1.3 b fine to Unicredit relates to the eldest Vindman's employment there and yet the underlying behavior occurred when he wasn't associated with the company.

Robert - I have no problem with looking deeply into Eastern Establishment crime families. It’s a factor to be considered. But consider how Joseph Kennedy’s supposed illegal activities was used to smear his progeny. Then we discover in the fullness of time it was all bs. RFK Jr’s book American Values is worth a read, especially on the legacy of the Patriarch. And even if Joe was a crook, his sons surely were not. Ron Reagan is nothing like his father. And so on. Where I certainly agree with you is on the Bush/Walker/Dulles connections. And surely there have been a lot of players who were Skull and Bones. 

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Robert - I have no problem with looking deeply into Eastern Establishment crime families. It’s a factor to be considered. But consider how Joseph Kennedy’s supposed illegal activities was used to smear his progeny. Then we discover in the fullness of time it was all bs. RFK Jr’s book American Values is worth a read, especially on the legacy of the Patriarch. And even if Joe was a crook, his sons surely were not. Ron Reagan is nothing like his father. And so on. Where I certainly agree with you is on the Bush/Walker/Dulles connections. And surely there have been a lot of players who were Skull and Bones. 

Supposed is right.  The reports of Joe and the Mob now seem to be fabricated by Sam Halpern at the behest of Richard Helms.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2002/11/the-nasty-career-of-cia-director-richard-helms.html

"No contest in Federal Court"

But Paul, there is one problem with that analysis.

The Kennedys were never part of the Eastern Establishment.

Because they were rather nouveau riche and Irish. 

This is one reason Joe Kennedy moved out of Boston to NYC.

Jack and Bobby never forgot that stuff and that is one reason they did what they did in office.

12 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

RFK Jr’s book American Values is worth a read, especially on the legacy of the Patriarch. And even if Joe was a crook,

I read that book Paul, but I don't remember the part where RFK Jr describes Joe as a crook. In fact, he takes a few pages to detail why he wasn't a crook. If I remember correctly, no one accused Joe Sr of bootlegging until about 30 years later during the Nixon/JFK campaign and it was a mobster who had dealings with RFK who said it. Bonnano maybe? My detailing may be a little off, but that was the general gist of it.

1 hour ago, Dennis Berube said:

I read that book Paul, but I don't remember the part where RFK Jr describes Joe as a crook. In fact, he takes a few pages to detail why he wasn't a crook. If I remember correctly, no one accused Joe Sr of bootlegging until about 30 years later during the Nixon/JFK campaign and it was a mobster who had dealings with RFK who said it. Bonnano maybe? My detailing may be a little off, but that was the general gist of it.

Not sure how you misunderstood what I wrote. I was trying to make the point you just did. Jim is right though - they weren’t Eastern Establishment.

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

You bring up some interesting points. If you look at the biographies and resumes of JFK and GHWB, they are both very similar and one might easily conclude they are from the same "caste" of "social class" or, are both part of the "Eastern Establishment". 

• Both attended East Coast prep schools (JFK = Choate / GHWB = Phillips)
  • Ivy League diplomas (JFK = Harvard / GHWB = Yale)
  • Both had permanent family Summer residences in coastal towns known as enclaves for the wealthy (JFK = Hyannisport on Cape Cod / GHWB = Kennebunkport on the Maine coast.) Other enclaves would include Newport RI, Naushon, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, the Hamptons, Rumson and Spring Lake NJ, etc. (Not Coney Island or Asbury Park, and many more.)
  • Also Both had permanent Winter homes in Florida (Kennedys = Palm Beach / Bushes = Jupiter Island).

If you just look at JFK and GHWB they both appear to be equally "Eastern Establishment." The way that you can tell GHWB was "Eastern Establishment" and "JFK" was not is to look at their relatives. As mentioned, the Kennedy's are from Irish Immigrant stock and were considered noveau rich. The Bushes have lots of Mayflower and Boston Brahman blood; the Walker side originally made their money in the slave trade. The Bush family (and related branches) hitched their wagon to the Rockefellers (mostly via corporate cross ownership.)

That was just a quick look. A Social Analysis Networking model (using formulas, weights, and statistics) could spit out an Eastern Establishment rank. GHWB might score 90 out of 100, and JFK 30 out of 100. We know a lot about JFK and GHWB, we don't really need to use SNA.

However, if we think that some "Eastern Establishment" families are part of a Crime Syndicate, then SNA can point out potential syndicate members and eliminate others. The Bissell family would score very high as would the duPonts. Looking into both families, they were clearly involved in some questionable historical invents (false flags, commodity price collusion, violence and conspiracy to subvert the formation of Labor unions, Banana war supporters; or Robber Baron type activities in general.)

SNA can also give us "false positives", FDR is solidly East Coast Establishment (the Delanos were slave traders and opium runners), but no one accused FDR of doing the bidding of the duPonts or Rockefellers.

Apologies for the tangent. An understanding of an individual's ancestry (family connections), shared corporate interests, and social connections help establish whether an individual is potentially involved with a Syndicate that is not averse to committing crimes with global implications.

Indeed, the Bush clan are Connecticut Yankee blue bloods with deep roots in the New England W.A.S.P. establishment, Wall Street, and, of course, the CIA.

I just finished reading Roy Nichol's biography of President Franklin Pierce, a relative of Barbara Bush (nee Pierce.)  Franklin Pierce was the son of Revolutionary War hero, General Benjamin Pierce, who rose to national prominence (and the Presidency) as an advocate of Southern slave owner's rights (including strict enforcement of the Fugitive Slave Act.)  Pierce died in ignominy after the Civil War, despised by Abolitionists in his native New England.

So, wealth aside, there was a huge ethnic, cultural (and religious) chasm between JFK and his CIA adversaries-- something that I observed directly during my eight year sojourn in the Ivy League.