The Education Forum

Bob Dylan song about JFK assassination

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Witch hunts.  The accusation is a conviction.  The perfect way to torpedo political rivals, and the media is eager to play along. 

Some people are accused of sex abusers, others of being Russian agents. 

An investigation found LHO guilty, and a loner.  

Show me a conviction in an open court law, where an aggressive defense is provided, before a jury of peers.

The rest is just jibber-jabber. 

I started to wonder last night: is this the payback for releasing Murder Most Foul?

Edited by Robert Burrows

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

I started to wonder last night: is this the payback for releasing Murder Most Foul?

I had the same thought last night, Robert.  It's, certainly, an effective method of character assassination-- discrediting a respected critic of the men who murdered JFK in broad daylight.

Not to pass judgment on the merits of the woman's accusation, which could, possibly, be true, but I was surprised to see the lurid media coverage at this early stage of the case.

20 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

No.  

I don't know what to think of this.  

Here's Bjorner's timeline...http://www.bjorner.com/65.htm

20 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

This woman waits 56 years to accuse Bob Dylan of abusing her. Ridiculous. How does one defend oneself when the media keeps telling people that you HAVE  To believe all accusers?

Better hope she doesn't have witnesses to call.  BD had a lot of hangers-on in 1965.  Some may need retirement funding.

Edited by David Andrews

10 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

No.  

I don't know what to think of this.  

Here's Bjorner's timeline...http://www.bjorner.com/65.htm

Looks like Dylan was out of the country during the time in question. 

https://www.showbiz411.com/2021/08/16/bob-dylan-hit-with-bogus-lawsuit-claiming-molestation-in-nyc-april-may-1965-not-possible-he-wasnt-there

Edited by Robert Burrows

5 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

Hallelujah!

And yet, oddly, several mainstream media corporations just ran the original defamatory story from Page Six.

ABC posted this one hour ago-- without mentioning the evidence that Dylan was out of the country.*

Is there a new file somewhere in the bowels of Langley called, "Operation Blood on the Tracks" to defame Dylan?

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/bob-dylan-accused-sexually-abusing-12-year-girl/story?id=79497513

6 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

It's hard to imagine a legit lawyer would pursue something like this without doing due diligence on the timeline. On the surface, this looks fishy.  Yet he seems confident they will have a day in court.  I am just baffled...

Dylan is one of the more scrutinized individuals of modern times, so any accusation of “grooming” let alone alleged Chelsea Hotel assaults will quickly flounder against the documented record. Still, as a civil suit, the publicizing is unavoidable and the strategy may have been to extort a settlement in return for this to go away. Highly likely to be highly unsuccessful. 

A new book from one of his better biographers, Clinton Heylin, sees BD at 22 in 1963 as one of the original JFKA conspiracy theorists. Heylin had access to reams of notes and drafts now housed at the University of Tulsa and writes:

“(Dylan) seems to have quickly rejected the ‘lone assassin’ theory, even before Jack Ruby gunned down the appointed patsy, typing out the line, ‘it had t be done with more guns than one’, while also telling (radio host) Bob Fass that weekend, ‘They are trying to tell you, don’t even hope to change things. If you try to put yourself up against the forces of death… you’re done for.”

Excerpt From: Clinton Heylin. “The Double Life of Bob Dylan.” Apple Books.

16 hours ago, Robert Burrows said:

The thought occurred. 

But also, a rich celebrity male, or a prominent political figure, are targets for lawsuits and accusations. I am not here to defend rich celebrity males or pols, many of whom I am sure deserve even worse than they get. 

But we must adhere to the innocent until proven guilty in a court of law standard. 

Government impeachments and investigations can be smear jobs and nothing more. Accusations can be total fabrications. 

The Carter Page story is interesting. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

11 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

Dylan is one of the more scrutinized individuals of modern times, so any accusation of “grooming” let alone alleged Chelsea Hotel assaults will quickly flounder against the documented record. Still, as a civil suit, the publicizing is unavoidable and the strategy may have been to extort a settlement in return for this to go away. Highly likely to be highly unsuccessful. 

A new book from one of his better biographers, Clinton Heylin, sees BD at 22 in 1963 as one of the original JFKA conspiracy theorists. Heylin had access to reams of notes and drafts now housed at the University of Tulsa and writes:

“(Dylan) seems to have quickly rejected the ‘lone assassin’ theory, even before Jack Ruby gunned down the appointed patsy, typing out the line, ‘it had t be done with more guns than one’, while also telling (radio host) Bob Fass that weekend, ‘They are trying to tell you, don’t even hope to change things. If you try to put yourself up against the forces of death… you’re done for.”

The forces of death, and what precedes that, words from the day after, from a master of words.

Thank you Jeff for sharing this. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:32 AM, Jeff Carter said:

Cheers Jeff, A Restless Hungry Feelin' slipped past my BD radar....looks interesting.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:09 PM, Robert Burrows said:

J.C.'s lawyer says the pleading will support their timeline. A very high bar.  

https://pagesix.com/2021/08/18/bob-dylans-1965-tour-dates-dont-refute-sex-abuse-allegations-lawyer-says/

In addition, the complaint reads like something written by a 12-year-old. Unvetted, almost copy-and-paste.  Perhaps because it was done just before the deadline? Very odd...

There's nothing "macro" about this at all. She's going after Dylan's deep pockets and hopes to settle out of court. As far as the media carrying this story. In this day, it's called "news". You can expect them to report on an ongoing suit against a celebrity  like this every time. The reason is  that it is of interest to some people. People really eat this stuff up!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

37 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

There's nothing "macro" about this at all. She's going after Dylan's deep pockets and hopes to settle out of court. As far as the media carrying this story. In this day, it's called "news". You can expect them to report on an ongoing suit against a celebrity  like this every time. The reason is  that it is of interest to some people. People really eat this stuff up!

Kirk,

Any thoughts about the fact that ABC News ran the original scurrilous Page Six story several hours after the news surfaced about Dylan being out of the country on the dates in question-- without ever mentioning that the allegations had, apparently been debunked?   I find that to be odd, at best.

Was that merely shoddy corporate journalism, or something more nefarious?

Edited by W. Niederhut