The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

9 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Shameless laughable...yet his base can't even see or understand this reality.

Trumpism ( in a NUT shell of course) =

Extreme narcissism, cynicism, hedonism, despotism, nepotism, elitism, selfism, delusionism, reality revisionism, anti-intellectualism, obsessive wealth gain mindsetism, ... to name just a few.

Ev'erbody's talking about Bagisim, Shagisim, Dragisim,  . . .

Ev'erbody's talking about Revolution, Evolution, Mastrubation. . . .

All we are saying . . .

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=john+lennon+give+peace+a+chance&view=detail&mid=63469C75C8BCC07F4B0D63469C75C8BCC07F4B0D&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3djohn%2blennon%2bgive%2bpeace%2ba%2bchance%26form%3dPRUSEN%26mkt%3den-us%26httpsmsn%3d1%26msnews%3d1%26rec_search%3d1%26refig%3d155b6257c1c146ff943982630ae41c8d%26sp%3d-1%26ghc%3d1%26pq%3djohn%2blennon%2bgive%2bpeace%2ba%2bchance%26sc%3d8-31%26qs%3dn%26sk%3d%26cvid%3d155b6257c1c146ff943982630ae41c8d 

Edited by Ron Bulman

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

According to press reports, Iran may be planning an assassination, or other attack, against the United States in retaliation for the killing of terrorist leader Soleimani, which was carried out for his planning a future attack, murdering U.S. Troops, and the death & suffering...

10:04 PM · Sep 14, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Retweets

Quote Tweets

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

6h

Replying to

@realDonaldTrump

...caused over so many years. Any attack by Iran, in any form, against the United States will be met with an attack on Iran that will be 1,000 times greater in magnitude!

Here we go.

Steve Thomas

Still waiting on the ONE virtue of Trump.  Y'all did realize that the example given was straight from the online dictionary and that I know he and most of us cannot meet that example.

Thank you Robert for the backhand compliment.  I can assure you I have more than an eighth grade education (though I was not an eighth grade salutatorian).

As for what Chris B. brought up, is there any evidence that Trump loves his country other than by using it's laws to freely take other people's money.  Look at his opinion of anyone who would willingly give their life for their country.  His speaking of patriotism is blatantly EMPTY and is just a dog whistle for far right extremist whom he hopes will keep him in power indefinitely.  The true patriots (founding fathers) who loved this country would have found the courage by now to have Trump charged with treason as a traitor.  As for the "bringing jobs back", it is a highly debatable conclusion.  Even then, when you tally all the job losses from his response to COVID-19 (whether it is true or not), millions of jobs have been lost and many small/medium sized businesses have gone under.  The worst is far from over.

One more dictionary definition.

trai·tor
/ˈtrādər/

noun
noun: traitor; plural noun: traitors
  1. a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc

6 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

Still waiting on the ONE virtue of Trump.  Y'all did realize that the example given was straight from the online dictionary and that I know he and most of us cannot meet that example.

Thank you Robert for the backhand compliment.  I can assure you I have more than an eighth grade education (though I was not an eighth grade salutatorian).

As for what Chris B. brought up, is there any evidence that Trump loves his country other than by using it's laws to freely take other people's money.  Look at his opinion of anyone who would willingly give their life for their country.  His speaking of patriotism is blatantly EMPTY and is just a dog whistle for far right extremist whom he hopes will keep him in power indefinitely.  The true patriots (founding fathers) who loved this country would have found the courage by now to have Trump charged with treason as a traitor.  As for the "bringing jobs back", it is a highly debatable conclusion.  Even then, when you tally all the job losses from his response to COVID-19 (whether it is true or not), millions of jobs have been lost and many small/medium sized businesses have gone under.  The worst is far from over.

One more dictionary definition.

trai·tor
/ˈtrādər/

noun
noun: traitor; plural noun: traitors
  1. a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc

So you don’t think bringing jobs home or not sending americas young lads to war are virtuous. I think most would profoundly disagree with you. 

This virtuous founding fathers are the same ones that Democrats are pointing out kept slaves and were racists, whipping up race hate for votes. Who will you vote for? Those who support the founding fathers and look upon them as virtuous or the Democrats of 2020? 

Trump-linked hotel investors are begging for a bailout as they struggle with Wall Street debt: report

Published on September 15, 2020

By Matthew Chapman

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trump-linked-hotel-investors-are-begging-for-a-bailout-as-they-struggle-with-wall-street-debt-report/

“On Tuesday, The New York Times reported that hotel owners with ties to President Donald Trump are struggling to pay off debt in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic — and are begging the administration for a bailout.

“Thomas J. Barrack Jr., the billionaire investor and major donor to President Trump, has run into an unexpected patch of red ink thanks to the pandemic: He has struggled to keep up with payments on $1.97 billion in Wall Street debt he used to buy a collection of more than 160 hotels,” reported Eric Lipton and Jeanna Smialek. “Monty Bennett, another big donor to Mr. Trump, is in a similar tough spot after he recently halted payments owed on the $2.6 billion worth of Wall Street debt used to acquire his own hotel collection.”

“The hotel industry is running into trouble in part because it spent years loading up on a type of debt, known as commercial mortgage-backed securities, which must make regular payments to the bondholders who own the debt,” said the report. “But as hotel occupancy has fallen, the owners of these properties in many cases have lacked the cash flow to cover payments on the loans, which had been bundled together and then sold off to Wall Street investors as bonds. Over all, there are $550 billion worth of commercial mortgage-backed securities outstanding in the United States, financing hotels, shopping centers, office buildings and even self-storage facilities.””

Steve Thomas

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Trump calls in to Fox news and threatens to call in every Monday or Tuesday for 47 minutes of free air time.

The host says, "Fox News has not committed to that and we will gladly give Joe Biden 47 minutes of equal time."

His fellow hosts are stunned.

https://youtu.be/PgYcnEI59sk

Steve Thomas

38 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

This is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Trump calls in to Fox news and threatens to call in every Monday or Tuesday for 47 minutes of free air time.

The host says, "Fox News has not committed to that and we will gladly give Joe Biden 47 minutes of equal time."

His fellow hosts are stunned.

https://youtu.be/PgYcnEI59sk

Steve Thomas

Is this a true story?

53 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump-linked hotel investors are begging for a bailout as they struggle with Wall Street debt: report

Published on September 15, 2020

By Matthew Chapman

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/trump-linked-hotel-investors-are-begging-for-a-bailout-as-they-struggle-with-wall-street-debt-report/

“On Tuesday, The New York Times reported that hotel owners with ties to President Donald Trump are struggling to pay off debt in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic — and are begging the administration for a bailout.

“Thomas J. Barrack Jr., the billionaire investor and major donor to President Trump, has run into an unexpected patch of red ink thanks to the pandemic: He has struggled to keep up with payments on $1.97 billion in Wall Street debt he used to buy a collection of more than 160 hotels,” reported Eric Lipton and Jeanna Smialek. “Monty Bennett, another big donor to Mr. Trump, is in a similar tough spot after he recently halted payments owed on the $2.6 billion worth of Wall Street debt used to acquire his own hotel collection.”

“The hotel industry is running into trouble in part because it spent years loading up on a type of debt, known as commercial mortgage-backed securities, which must make regular payments to the bondholders who own the debt,” said the report. “But as hotel occupancy has fallen, the owners of these properties in many cases have lacked the cash flow to cover payments on the loans, which had been bundled together and then sold off to Wall Street investors as bonds. Over all, there are $550 billion worth of commercial mortgage-backed securities outstanding in the United States, financing hotels, shopping centers, office buildings and even self-storage facilities.””

Steve Thomas

And we know that Trump will make sure his fellow billionaire brethren will get what they want. 

Wonder if they will get bailed out before 50 million unemployed working class Americans who may not even be able to pay their rent get anymore "meaningful" stimulus help again.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:34 PM, Robert Wheeler said:

Biden literally read "Scroll Down" from his teleprompter last week.

You do realize he was telling the teleprompter operator to keep scrolling right? He didn't "read" it.

[The Durham report’s credibility is already suspect. There may be more defections from Durham’s staff.]

From the article: And most recently, the Hartford Courant reported that Nora Dannehy, a top Durham aide and highly regarded federal prosecutor, had resigned from the Department of Justice “at least partly out of concern that the [Durham] investigative team is being pressed for political reasons to produce a report before its work is done.”….

Like any criminal investigation, it is not possible to judge Durham’s probe until its results are revealed. It remains possible that he has access to information from within the government that could support some of the claims that have been made about his findings. But what is clear now is that, with the notable exception of the Clinesmith email, the Justice Department inspector general, the bipartisan Senate intelligence committee, and a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter—all serious investigators with strong incentives to uncover wrongdoing—have not found evidence of the type of misconduct that Trump and his top aides have alleged.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/even-more-questions-about-durham-investigation

8 hours ago, Richard Price said:

Well, there's always Trump's self-professed Temperance-- one of the traditional Puritanical virtues.

Although, speaking as a psychiatrist, I've never had a high opinion of strict Tee Totallers, (except in the case of recovering alcoholics.)

I'm sorry to hear that (about the tee totallers), since it is one of my virtues, if you want to call it that.  But in deference to your opinion, my father's side of the family had many alcoholics.  I always attributed most of their failures to this weakness and chose as a youngster to make sure I didn't fall into that trap.  All my failures have to be attributed to my other shortcomings.

PS:  It's the only trait I share with Trump (hopefully).:cheers  Make mine alcohol free!

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, there's always Trump's self-professed Temperance-- one of the traditional Puritanical virtues.

Although, speaking as a psychiatrist, I've never had a high opinion of strict Tee Totallers, (except in the case of recovering alcoholics.)

Adderall is the rumor. He displays many of those qualities.