The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

But I wasn't referring to media coverage of the 2016 election.

You cited “domestic political theater” and it’s attendant “extensive media coverage.”

Since there was no “extensive media coverage” of either the Russia/DNC hack story or the Steele Dossier prior to the election those stories played no part in any “domestic political theatre.”

That you studiously refuse to acknowledge this is telling.

And a reliance on "circumstantial evidence" is not punk rock.

Wtf are you talking about?  A notorious Russian hacker group set the stage to exfiltrate the DNC data but we’re supposed to believe they didn’t follow thru — why, exactly?

Very disappointing Cliff, particularly your Assange smear on this day.

I smeared Assange by accurately quoting him telling the truth that he received the data from a “non-state actor” like Roger Stone?

How is that a smear?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

This may sound a bit ignorant. First, I am unable to follow these arguments well. But I am not confident in the stated conclusions of our intelligence community in regards to who is doing the hacking. I think the current hacking story might be worth looking at. Are our enemies really working for Putin and Xi? Are people here so certain of that? Hackers are really good at disguising themselves. How is our current anti Russian anti Chinese rhetoric any different than the old Anti Communist stance of our Intelligence Community? I’m not saying that Putin and Xi are innocents. I am saying that our true enemies are burrowed in to the anti Democratic forces very clearly at work here, inside our government, and inside many other governments. If I had to name them according to the political spectrum I would call these forces fascist. And frankly that includes Russia and China. The current hack may be the most serious situation facing us, and we really don’t know who is behind them. 

45 minutes ago, Douglas Caddy said:

A related film about CIA cocaine trafficking during the GHWB years is Kill the Messenger, about the late San Jose Mercury journalist Gary Webb.

Kill the Messenger (2014 film) - Wikipedia

Now, back to this interesting discussion of alleged Russian hacking...

58 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

This may sound a bit ignorant. First, I am unable to follow these arguments well. But I am not confident in the stated conclusions of our intelligence community in regards to who is doing the hacking. I think the current hacking story might be worth looking at. Are our enemies really working for Putin and Xi? Are people here so certain of that? Hackers are really good at disguising themselves. How is our current anti Russian anti Chinese rhetoric any different than the old Anti Communist stance of our Intelligence Community? I’m not saying that Putin and Xi are innocents. I am saying that our true enemies are burrowed in to the anti Democratic forces very clearly at work here, inside our government, and inside many other governments. If I had to name them according to the political spectrum I would call these forces fascist. And frankly that includes Russia and China. The current hack may be the most serious situation facing us, and we really don’t know who is behind them. 

Even without direct communications from whoever the actors are the various agencies that look at these things can do detailed traffic analysis to determine what is going on. The IC groups in all these countries play games with each other all the time and to sort through what may actually be happening from the outside looking in is very difficult. The Solaris dropper is a good example.

Although it's been claimed that we didn't know about it, it's just as likely we did but are playing possum IMO. It's possible and very probably likely that the attacks used against us (or anyone else) can be exploited and reveals the capabilities of the attackers. The state of AI is expanding exponentially in these type of areas and the US has no peer (aside from maybe China) and it's no longer required to babysit the mining efforts like it may have been 10 years ago. Its one of the main reasons Russia is trying to change it's internet access into more of an intranet. The problem with that is although you can limit your population's access to stuff you don't want them to see, your own outward access is narrowed and easier to follow.

It all very interesting but just remember one thing. It's our toy they're playing with, more or less.

Edited by Bob Ness

46 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

A related film about CIA cocaine trafficking during the GHWB years is Kill the Messenger, about the late San Jose Mercury journalist Gary Webb.

W.,

I lived near the Ouachita Mountains at the time. It was common street knowledge at the time, that there were places in those mountains that you just did not go.

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Now, back to this interesting discussion of alleged Russian hacking...

That was a  good film, and it did not get nearly enough promotion.  Because of its subject matter. Its a marvel it got made in the first place.

Yow! Almost dead heat in Georgia! Looks like the Democrats got one Senate seat and probably both!    Warnock looks like a winner with  up by 35,000 vote lead and right now Ossoff is behind by only   1200 votes to Purdue  2,189, 000 to 2,188,000 with the remaining votes skewing to the Democrats!

They are saying that 98% of the vote is counted but that is contradicted in an interview with Lt.Governor Raffensperger, who says there are still 200,000 votes that are still to be counted, which would  indicate only 95% of the vote is now  counted. He seems like he thinks he's in more trouble and trying to spin the results to look the most hopeful for the Republicans. But until all the votes are counted , it's still up for grabs in the Purdue Osoff race.

You can use the cursor to check out the vote totals in all the Georgia counties, though they did make it kind of stupidly awkward. The remaining votes in red counties don't amount to near as much as the blue counties.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/georgia-senate-runoff-election-results-2021/story?id=74588101

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Yow! Almost dead heat in Georgia! Looks like the Democrats got one Senate seat and probably both!    Warnock looks like a winner with  up by 35,000 vote lead and right now Ossoff is behind by only   1200 votes to Purdue  2,189, 000 to 2,188,000 with the remaining votes skewing to the Democrats!

They are saying that 98% of the vote is counted but that is contradicted in an interview with Lt.Governor Raffensperger, who says there are still 200,000 votes that are still to be counted, which would  indicate only 95% of the vote is now  counted. He seems like he thinks he's in more trouble and trying to spin the results to look the most hopeful for the Republicans. But until all the votes are counted , it's still up for grabs in the Purdue Osoff race.

You can use the cursor to check out the vote totals in all the Georgia counties, though they did make it kind of stupidly awkward. The remaining votes in red counties don't amount to near as much as the blue counties.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/georgia-senate-runoff-election-results-2021/story?id=74588101

OMG!

Could it be?!

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

OMG!

Could it be?!

Looks like a done deal. Called at 215 EST. See ya Mitch ya POS.

I wonder who's helping Donald burn files in the Rose Garden?

Republicans turn on Trump after Georgia loss

“Fissures are forming as Republicans decide whether it's useful to cling to Trump — even as he tries to subvert an election — or to distance themselves.”

By MERIDITH MCGRAW, GABBY ORR, ANDREW DESIDERIO and JAMES ARKIN

01/06/2021 03:36 AM EST

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/06/republicans-turn-on-trump-georgia-loss-455305

“Ossoff having a good chance of toppling Perdue — Republicans were quick to blame Trump.

Trump is the cause of this, lock, stock and barrel,” said one Republican strategist. “But when you’re relying on someone to win you a Senate race that also lost statewide eight weeks prior, you’re not in a position of strength.”

Republicans lost the Presidency and are now poised to lose control of the Senate as well.

“When asked why Republicans didn’t prevail on Tuesday, a senior Senate Republican aide simply said: “Donald J. Trump.”“

Steve Thomas

Destroying the Republican Party is not Trump's first destructive accomplishment. He helped destroy the United States Football League, in which he was a team owner. At his urging, Trump being the brilliant businessman that he is, the league decided to switch from playing in the summer to playing in the fall to compete directly with the NFL. It was a quick death. Everything that Trump touches...