• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

The 14 Words

In following the Capitol riot, I kept running across reference to something called The 14 words.

About David Lane

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/david-lane

“A member of the terrorist group The Order, which was responsible for the 1984 assassination of Jewish radio host Alan Berg and many other crimes, Lane became even more of a movement icon after penning what rapidly became the best-known slogan of the U.S. white supremacist movement, the so-called "14 Words" ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children."). Sentenced to a total of 190 years for his crimes as a member of The Order, Lane spent his time in prison industriously pumping out racist tracts and other propaganda.”

What covering heavy metal taught me about spotting Nazis

By Kim Kelly January 12, 2021

https://www.cjr.org/first_person/heavy-metal-capitol-spotting-nazis.php?utm_source=digg

A bare-chested, wild-eyed white man in bearskin furs and a horned helmet stood at the podium of the Senate chambers, his fists raised in triumph, as fellow Trump-supporting rioters laid waste to the Capitol. The man, a QAnon cultist from Phoenix named Jacob Anthony Chansley, who goes by the name Jake Angeli, has since been arrested alongside a few dozen others, but not before the far-right social mediasphere tried to paint him as an “antifa spy” planted among the insurrectionists. The efforts at misdirection were in vain, however—Angeli is a notorious pro-Trump presence at rallies in his home state, and he’s pleaded publicly for recognition as a true “patriot.” In case there remained any uncertainty, a close look at his hairy torso made Angeli’s leanings clear: when I zoomed in on his tattoos, I noticed white power symbols—Angeli was quite literally wearing his fascist sympathies

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/qanon-shaman-maga-capitol-riot-rune-pagan-imagery-tattoo-1111344/ on his heart. I knew what I was seeing because I recognized some of the same iconography hidden in the margins of black-metal albums.

For the uninitiated, black metal is a subgenre of heavy metal music distinguished by its aggression, over-the-top theatricality, and affinity for the occult, as well as its unfortunate history as a hotbed for white supremacy.

Just last week, for instance, a couple of days before the attack on the Capitol,[Marjorie Taylor] Greene tweeted from her official account, “I’m here to fight for my children’s future and the next generation’s American Dream.” The sentence immediately felt strange to me; upon reading it again, I realized that it held a striking similarity to the white supremacist “Fourteen Words: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” Greene’s message was fourteen words long. Was it a coincidence, or a dog whistle? Given Greene’s QAnon connections and strong white nationalist support base, it bears closer examination—and a fluency with the extensive literature of white supremacist symbology.”

Steve Thomas

43 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

The 14 Words

In following the Capitol riot, I kept running across reference to something called The 14 words.

About David Lane

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/david-lane

“A member of the terrorist group The Order, which was responsible for the 1984 assassination of Jewish radio host Alan Berg and many other crimes, Lane became even more of a movement icon after penning what rapidly became the best-known slogan of the U.S. white supremacist movement, the so-called "14 Words" ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children."). Sentenced to a total of 190 years for his crimes as a member of The Order, Lane spent his time in prison industriously pumping out racist tracts and other propaganda.”

What covering heavy metal taught me about spotting Nazis

By Kim Kelly January 12, 2021

https://www.cjr.org/first_person/heavy-metal-capitol-spotting-nazis.php?utm_source=digg

A bare-chested, wild-eyed white man in bearskin furs and a horned helmet stood at the podium of the Senate chambers, his fists raised in triumph, as fellow Trump-supporting rioters laid waste to the Capitol. The man, a QAnon cultist from Phoenix named Jacob Anthony Chansley, who goes by the name Jake Angeli, has since been arrested alongside a few dozen others, but not before the far-right social mediasphere tried to paint him as an “antifa spy” planted among the insurrectionists. The efforts at misdirection were in vain, however—Angeli is a notorious pro-Trump presence at rallies in his home state, and he’s pleaded publicly for recognition as a true “patriot.” In case there remained any uncertainty, a close look at his hairy torso made Angeli’s leanings clear: when I zoomed in on his tattoos, I noticed white power symbols—Angeli was quite literally wearing his fascist sympathies

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/qanon-shaman-maga-capitol-riot-rune-pagan-imagery-tattoo-1111344/ on his heart. I knew what I was seeing because I recognized some of the same iconography hidden in the margins of black-metal albums.

For the uninitiated, black metal is a subgenre of heavy metal music distinguished by its aggression, over-the-top theatricality, and affinity for the occult, as well as its unfortunate history as a hotbed for white supremacy.

Just last week, for instance, a couple of days before the attack on the Capitol,[Marjorie Taylor] Greene tweeted from her official account, “I’m here to fight for my children’s future and the next generation’s American Dream.” The sentence immediately felt strange to me; upon reading it again, I realized that it held a striking similarity to the white supremacist “Fourteen Words: “We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.” Greene’s message was fourteen words long. Was it a coincidence, or a dog whistle? Given Greene’s QAnon connections and strong white nationalist support base, it bears closer examination—and a fluency with the extensive literature of white supremacist symbology.”

Steve Thomas

The Onion: "We must protect the pure Aryan Bloodline," says child after 9 minutes of unsupervised Facebook access.

Take a look at this.  This now reminds me of Dallas at the fiftieth anniversary of JFK's death.  Thanks to Rudy G  and Trump.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/surreal-photos-washington-dc-lockdown-inauguration_n_6000b327c5b697df1a041184

The Journey of Ashli Babbitt at bellingcat.com.  Features riot footage and diagrams:

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/2021/01/08/the-journey-of-ashli-babbitt/

A waste of a perfectly good woman, who could be at home tonight watching Kat Von D.'s tattoo parlor reality show on the 64" flatscreen.  Trump took this freedom away from her.

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Take a look at this.  This now reminds me of Dallas at the fiftieth anniversary of JFK's death.  Thanks to Rudy G  and Trump.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/surreal-photos-washington-dc-lockdown-inauguration_n_6000b327c5b697df1a041184

A city under seige!  

All this out of fear of one group and one group only...Trump's violent base.

No fears of Biden supporters. At all.

Edited by Joe Bauer

5 hours ago, David Andrews said:

It's not a Coup Klux Klan until somebody drives a jacked-up monster truck up the Capitol steps and crashes into the lobby, with two Confederate flags each the size of a queen-size mattress flying from the bed.  Call me when the horn toots "Dixie."

Agreed Dave, Queen mattress sized flags are where it's at! They tried a bunch of wimpy little flags and what happened? They lost the election!

a3dgijq13ea61.jpg?width=640&height=604&c

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

There seem to be converging lines of evidence about the Trump administration blocking security measures to protect Congress on January 6th-- ignoring FBI warnings, not responding to requests for National Guard intervention, not providing riot gear to the police, etc.

I saw an article today about how the Trump administration has long been suppressing DHS surveillance of right wing domestic terrorists-- even after Christopher Wray told Congress last year that right wing groups posed the greatest terrorism threat to American citizens.

How Trump Wins Impeachment, Again

By MICHAEL KRUSE 01/13/202

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/01/13/trump-impeachment-accountability-459151

Trump, judging from his whole life, not only could play the victim but has and does and will.

“He’s a grievance machine,” said Pete Ditto, a psychology professor at the University of California, Irvine. “Victimization seems like a form of weakness, but it can also be a source of power.”

“What he represents to those who follow him,” said Sheinkopf, the Democratic strategist, who’s known Trump for decades, “is a very simple phrase, which is: ‘Look what they did to us again.’ And Trump is the guy that says, ‘Look what they did to me—now help me finish them off.’”

“To his followers, he will be a victim of the powerful.”

Hank Sheinkopf

This will be true, Sheinkopf said, regardless of whether or not Trump is still the president, regardless of whether he was impeached twice, and perhaps in some twisted way because he’s no longer the president and because he was impeached twice.

“He will continue to have this power,” he said. “Because to his followers, he will be a victim of the powerful, who are now turning this into a racially diverse, non-white-male-dominant, non-blue-collar environment. He will be the hero of the put-upon who have been stabbed in the back … by those who run government. Which is how shame and disgrace become honor and a battle cry.”

Arizona Rep. Andy Biggs, speaking in defense of the president during Wednesday’s debate, made a version of this very point. He warned the Democrats, “even if you are successful today, and were the Senate to convict President Trump, yours will be a Pyrrhic victory. For instead of stopping the Trump train, his movement will grow stronger, for you will have made him a martyr.””

Shades of Napoleon returning from the Isle of Elba, or Adolf Hitler in 1930's Germany.

Steve Thomas

25 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

- Tucker Carlson -

“It was not an act of racism. It was not an insurrection. It wasn’t an armed invasion by a brigade of dangerous white supremacists. It wasn’t. Those are lies,” Carlson exclaimed..."

Okee Dokey.

Steve Thomas

George Orwell's '1984' sales spike - Political Anarchy - Sailing Anarchy  Forums

5ffd35912600007a747a3de1.jpeg?cache=4Tg1

Horned Capitol Rioter Wants Pardon From Trump: Only There At ‘Invitation Of President’

Buffalo Headdress Man Is Absolutely Right!

His fearless leader told him and thousands of others less than an hour before their blood lust stolen election crusade to confront and attack the Capital Building, to "march down there and I'll march with you", "fight harder", don't be "weak!"

Minutes before Trump's fight harder rally cry speech, his own attorney Rudy ( AKA Judy) Giuliani worked up Buffalo Man and his war paint adorned, ready to fight tribe as well by righteous indignation shouting the stolen election protest situation required ..."Trial By Combat!"

The fearless leader's favorite son "Donnie Jr." also inspired the "MAD AS HELL" MAGA mob crowd even further.

"The people who did nothing to stop the steal -- this gathering should send a message to them," said the President's eldest son.

Heck, even Trump's extraordinarily affectionate Daddy's girl daughter Ivanka got in on the fist pump encouraging and riling up act, tweeting to the mob...you are "American Patriots!"

And after the Buffalo Man and his high on Trump Peyote crazed hooping, flag spear chucking raiding party's vicious attack on the Capital Building battle ... their beloved WAR CHIEF publicly sympathized with, cajoled and even PRAISED them!

"I know your pain, I know you are hurting..." 

"we had an election that was stolen from us."

"We love you" "You're very special people."

With those loving and supportive words and after loyally and faithfully carrying out Trump's, his son's and his attorney's calls to march right down to that Capital Building filled with unpatriotic election stealing, Democratic party heathens and fight like hell and don't be weak encouragement , OF COURSE Buffalo headdress, facial war paint wearing man feels Trump should pardon him and his sibling righteous cause fighting warriors.

Trump let his worked up warrior base know they "fought the good fight" in his post insurrection speech to the nation and world. That he was proud of them and their brave and inspired obeying call to arms, action and sacrifice.

This Buffalo man now want's his "War Call" Chief to also stand up for them in their hour of prison sentence threat need.

And maybe Trump could also throw in a few of his favorite ceremonial photo-op "Medal Of Freedom" awards to boot?

Edited by Joe Bauer

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I don't support these people, but if I were them, I'd join a class action suit against Trump and other parties for damages, fines, legal fees.  Not forgetting, of course, the families of all killed.

Edited by David Andrews