• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Sitting atop the very pinnacle of moral righteousness is Liz Cheney (and let us dismiss those who unfairly surmise she is affixed into position by a spire penetrating a posterior orifice).

Though hitherto Cheney has devoutly uttered only regrettable security-state narratives rather than even plausible facsimiles of the truth, in Cheney's new and divinely inspired vantage point (there is that word "spire" again) she will reveal only verisimilitudes, as correctly related by the M$M. 

Some may term the "New Cheney" the result of a miraculous metamorphosis. Others may proffer Cheney has been penetrated, and not only physically, by new deeper wisdoms.

Far be it from me to ponder if Cheney has base motives, or if her chronic alliance with lucre, and her attendant contempt of truth and human life has completely abated. 

If Cheney has felt the spearpoint of divine inspiration, only the churlish could entertain  reservations.  

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- there's no "New Liz Cheney". She hasn't changed her views on anything. And we haven't changed our views on her.

She's just fighting for her country, and we appreciate it.

(Apols to Patti LaBelle)

"I'm feeling good from my hat to my shoe
Know where I am going and I know what to do
I've tidied up my point of view
I've got a new attitude."---Liz Cheney

Well, from my point of view, we are watching political theater. 

Also, the M$M is reporting on bonsai trees and ignoring the redwood forest. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20220122102830/https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/20/us/airstrike-us-isis-dam.html

The above is a shocking story, and it happened on Trump's watch, although evidently the national security state acted without Trump knowledge.  

I give credit to the NYT for the story. But I do not think the NYT will "wake up."  Still, interesting. 

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Lab leak Covid-19 theory is like something out of a comic book, virologist says

By Maggie Fox, CNN March 31, 2021

So...when to believe M$M...and when to be skeptical? 

Tis like something out of a comic book. Gotta love Matt Groening. Think this was 2010. 

Symptoms: “Mild thirst, occasional hunger, tiredness at night.” 😌

Edited by Chris Barnard

5 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

She's just fighting for her country, and we appreciate it.

People thought the same about Dick Cheney and they appreciated it. Often wisdom comes at the end of the day. We hear the phrase “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Whilst there are exceptions to rules, there is a lot of truth in the statement. As small children we are shaped and moulded by our parents and their views, in more ways than we even know. 
“Beware a wolf in sheep's clothing.” 

A brief comment about the thread process.

After repeatedly hijacking discussions here about Trump's historic crimes in order to promote his faux "theory" that January 6th was a Deep State false flag, Benjamin Cole has now hijacked the thread, once again, by attacking an investigator of Trump's crimes. 

And what an attack it was!  😵

Ben resorted to the nastiest of misogynistic slurs -- metaphorically sodomizing Congresswoman Liz Cheney for participating in the investigation of Trump's January 6th coup attempt.

Now I'm wondering about Ben's relationship with his goats.

As for the real story right now... 

It's not about Liz Cheney.  It's about Donald Trump-- the subject Ben is trying to dodge.

It's about the only POTUS in American history who ever actively and deliberately abused his official Presidential powers to obstruct a peaceful transfer of power after losing an election.

Edited by W. Niederhut

From today's front page New York Times article, "For many who marched on January 6, it was only the beginning":

A national survey led by Robert Pape, the director of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats at the University of Chicago, concluded that about 47 million American adults, or one in every five, agreed with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, about 21 million, or 9 percent of American adults, shared the belief that animated many of those who went beyond marching and invaded the Capitol, Mr. Pape said: that the use of force was justified to restore Mr. Trump to the presidency.

“They are combustible material, like an amount of dry brushwood that could be set off during wildfire season by a lightning strike or by a spark,” he said.

'Very unfair': Trump decries focus on Ivanka, Don Jr., and Eric

by Paul Bedard, Washington Secrets Columnist January 21, 2022

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/washington-secrets/trump-decries-focus-on-ivanka-don-jr-eric-very-unfair

“It's a very unfair situation for my children. Very, very unfair,” he told Secrets in a telephone call.

“They are using whatever powers they have. They couldn't care less. They are vicious people,” Trump said of the panel.

“It's a disgrace, what's going on. They're using these things to try and get people's minds off how incompetently our country is being run. And they don't care. They'll go after children,” Donald Trump said.

"They've done a great job," he said. "You know Ivanka very well, and you know the quality of her," he added. "For them to have to go through all this stuff is a disgrace."

Poor little kids.

Steve Thomas

Kirk, I find Barlow's book is not at hand just now. I'll have to refresh my memory of the particulars. But, from a prominent Wyoming family, Barlow was was active in the Republican party there for a time. He thought Cheney's policies were nuts, but, he found a kind of integrity in the man.

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

From today's front page New York Times article, "For many who marched on January 6, it was only the beginning":

A national survey led by Robert Pape, the director of the Chicago Project on Security and Threats at the University of Chicago, concluded that about 47 million American adults, or one in every five, agreed with the statement that “the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump and Joe Biden is an illegitimate president.” Of those, about 21 million, or 9 percent of American adults, shared the belief that animated many of those who went beyond marching and invaded the Capitol, Mr. Pape said: that the use of force was justified to restore Mr. Trump to the presidency.

“They are combustible material, like an amount of dry brushwood that could be set off during wildfire season by a lightning strike or by a spark,” he said.

Doug Caddy-

I happen to agree with you, and that Trump & Co. need to accept the results of the election. That said, both parties have described mail-in and absentee ballots as pathways to fishiness. 

As for describing the results of elections to be legitimate, the Donks are already suggesting 2022 results will be less than that. 

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/01/joe-biden-has-tough-line-to-toe-on-illegitimate-election-concerns

After saying the 2020 elections were the cleanest in history, the Donks now say unless reforms are passed, the next election cycle will be illegitimate.

From VF:

"I’m not going to say it’s going to be legit,” Biden said. “The increase and the prospect of being illegitimate is in direct proportion to us not being able to get these reforms passed.”

To some extent, this was the mostly unspoken concern among Democrats about what the GOP’s moves could mean: If they make it harder to vote and install Trump loyalists to oversee the process, that process could be compromised. But it’s nevertheless striking to hear a president not named Donald Trump express a lack of confidence in the election process—and it’s possible that it could hurt his own cause. “We can’t pretend there isn’t an effort right now on the state level to make it tougher to vote in 2022 than it was in 2020,” as CNN’s Jake Tapper put it. “That being said, if we are now saying that any election like that is an illegitimate election, then point me to one American election that’s been legitimate.”

---30---

Unfortunately, everything today is partisanship and political theater.

Today, if one has concerns about "ballot harvesting" then one is a Trump-nut, although exactly the same concerns were raised in 2004 about ballots in Ohio and the victory of George W. Bush---concerns that promoted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., printed in Rolling Stone magazine and assented to by Bill Clinton. 

Bad as things were in 2004, partisanship may be worse today. You can see the results of this virulent, even unbalanced partisanship on these pages.  

And yes, I regard anything Liz Cheney says as suspect. Or Joe Biden. Or Trump. 

Oddly enough, when it comes to skillful lying, Trump is something of an amateur.

When an accomplished xxxx speaks---a Biden or a Cheney---there is always some plausibility to the message, and that convinces the gullible. 

Trump's commentary is often implausible. 

14 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

People thought the same about Dick Cheney and they appreciated it. Often wisdom comes at the end of the day. We hear the phrase “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Whilst there are exceptions to rules, there is a lot of truth in the statement. As small children we are shaped and moulded by our parents and their views, in more ways than we even know. 
“Beware a wolf in sheep's clothing.” 

There can also be a vast schism between a leader's personality, and their policies, and the effect of those policies on great masses of people. 

By many accounts, former President George W. Bush personally is a pleasant and even witty fellow.  Yet his policies got the US into two fantastically expensive counterproductive wars, replete with endless human sorrow. And for what?  

Similarly, by many accounts Don Trump is a singularly unlikeable man, treacherous in many levels.

Yet Trump avoided starting a major war, and positively re-oriented trade policy to China despite affronting the most powerful globalist capitalist enterprises of all time (Apple, Disney, BlackRock, WalMart, GM, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, etc.), all of whom are deep in bed with the CCP. 

LBJ's personality may have even been worse than Trump's (and indeed, LBJ may have been headed to prison except for the JFKA, and some suspect with good reason LBJ participated in Texas-land murders).  Of course, LBJ got the US into Vietnam, yet also was instrumental in getting Voting Rights Bills passed.

Unfortunately, many wear opaque partisan blinders and even unsubtle nuances count for nothing. 

I remain skeptical of both political parties.