The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

hope the modern 'Phant party can eschew the worst elements, and migrate towards a true populist party, with the interests of the employee-middle class foremost. Non-interventionist foreign policies, and pro-American trade policies.  A feeble hope, but a hope. 

That's not even a hope . it's a complete pipe dream from someone who reads and dreams about the U.S. but what was your experience?. You lived a few years in L.A. back in the 90's'?.

Have you even put in the effort to know who you're Republican heroes are outside of that one Libertarian complete pariah, Massey? 

You're making the assumption. that the Trump disenfranchised have been assimilated into the Republican Party and effect policy. They don't. The most tangible legacy of the Trump presidency   can be put in 2 words, Mitch Mc Connell. The tax cuts to the rich are Mc Connels, So is Citizens United, the disenfranchising ruling that corporations have the same rights as people, you've now expressed you're against. You responded by saying."The multi-nationalist-globalists own Washington". In general I might agree with that statement but no, Ben, this was solely the work of  of the Trump Mac Connel induced conservative Supreme Court. The vote was 5-4 straight down liberal conservative lines and the conservatives won out 5-4. You're putting blacks hat on the losing heroes.,All the liberal justices in the U.S. are anti corporate and voted  against it. Period! Understanding this is vital! Do some research. Are you sure youi're  not just a Libertarian posing as a pro working guy? Because these policies are the absolute antithesis of who you're portraying yourself to us as.

The Trumpies have no legislative efforts, or any real legacy, because they want nothing as far as a political agenda. Their only requirement of Trump is to vent their frustration to give them an illusion of "owning the libs". Though this is a bonanza for the failing Republican Party, a constituency who contribute votes to the GOP, but require no concrete policies changes from the Republicans , which is great because if they could articulate policy, the Republicans are the least likely to give it to them anyway. So mum's the word! The handful who aren't lying through their teeth are the ones that you expect to "migrate towards a true populist party", but they are the  dumbest in the lot! heh heh heh   You have some serious research to do.

It's correct to assume the Democrats have gone through changes over the years in their  make up in policy, one negative such policy is Clinton abandoning the working man for the monied interests, that we've all pointed out.  The Republicans with Trump or without are ideologically virtually identical to 20 years ago and haven't really changed,  They're globalist, pro business, pro Wall Street, pro Military  and you can  throw in thee Religious Right. .But now like sheep, they'll say whatever they need to court favor with Trump and not get "primaried".

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m mostly with Kirk on this. 
Ben - I can’t understand how you can think Republicans are pro working class. It’s only words. Their policies are pro rich, period. Globalism is pretty much bi-partisan, for what it’s worth. And my point about China is that Biden’s policy is much like Trump. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I’m mostly with Kirk on this. 
Ben - I can’t understand how you can think Republicans are pro working class. It’s only words. Their policies are pro rich, period. Globalism is pretty much bi-partisan, for what it’s worth. And my point about China is that Biden’s policy is much like Trump. 

Paul-

That's fine. We disagree on certain issues. 

Perhaps each of us will advise the other to keep an open mind. 

As we say in the states. You can buy a cowboy outfit but that doesn't make you a cowboy. Ben.

We also use a phrase  "walking the walk". If yout say you  want a party, "with the interests of the employee-middle class foremost" but then extol candidates whose biggest  achievements are to oppress  everyday people. (Tax cuts to the wealthy, and Citizen's United, fortifying the corporate state) and whose biggest failures are  trying to deny people health care. Your not on the side of "the employee middle class foremost" or at all.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

2 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

This article summarizes the criminal (and other) cases against Trump and where they stand today...https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-faces-flurry-investigations-beyond-054925775.html

Thanks Chuck - I’m not holding my breath. Many of these investigations, such as in NY, are a decade or more old I believe. I’d love to see him taken to task, but just don’t see him in court any time soon if ever. 

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Thanks Chuck - I’m not holding my breath. Many of these investigations, such as in NY, are a decade or more old I believe. I’d love to see him taken to task, but just don’t see him in court any time soon if ever. 

You'll see multiple indictments against Donald Trump in the new year, Paul. Bet on it.

4 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

John Eastman? Not an employee of the Trump Administration.

Evidently, an unemployed lawyer, now at a self-created public-interest law firm, though a lawyer (in his past) with some some academic credentials.  

Parts of the Politico story are puzzling, perhaps laughable. 

See---

The former Chapman University law professor also pressured Pence, who is constitutionally required to preside over the Electoral College certification on Jan. 6, to unilterally (sic) refuse to count some of Biden’s electors and send the election to the full House for a vote — or delay long enough to give states a chance to submit new electors. 

So, how would an unemployed lawyer "pressure" Pence? With what personal or institutional resources? Furrowed eyebrows? A stern look?  Eastman family members would not vote GOP, in the next election?

Pence must have quivered in wing-tips! 

So, how was Eastman connected to the scrum at the Capitol on 1/6? 

Did Eastman have instigators and provocateurs in the scrum? Text messages from scrummers we have by the hundreds. 

To date, not a single defendant that the federal government has prosecuted for the 1/6 occupation of the Capitol has been charged with a conspiracy involving  anyone in the Trump Administration.

The truth: only a very few scrummers have been charged with any conspiracy at all, and those few for conspiring  with other member of Oathkeepers or Proud Boys.

Which is very odd, as the leaders of Oathkeepers and Proud Boys are suspected federal informants and assets. 

The Afro-Cuban Enrique Tarrio, top man at the Proud Boys, is a made federal informant, and was (helpfully) let out of jail on Jan. 5.  You can't make this stuff up.

The top guy at the Oathkeepers is Stewart Rhodes, still never charged with anything at 1/6, although underlings have been. 

Ray Epps is copiously on video advocating storming of the Capitol, made a most-wanted list...and then nothing. 

Again, I pose the question: Who has the resources to manipulate events, to place instigators and assets into activist groups, and to control subsequent M$M coverage? 

Eastman?

Can you think of any other entities that fill the bill? 

The M$M 1/6 story is looking like the Brian Sicknick story. A security-state purple-party narrative. 

10 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Paul,

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Donald Trump has spent half of his life scamming people and the other half trying to avoid consequences for his scams.  In fact, one of his biographers said a few years ago that Trump has always taken a perverse delight in scamming people and getting away with it.

Of course, Trump's biggest scam was convincing the white working class in 2016 that he represented their interests and was not beholden to the Koch plutocrats who bought the GOP ten years ago. 

Most of his white working class base still haven't even figured out that they got scammed.  It's false consciousness on steroids.

1 minute ago, W. Niederhut said:

Paul,

I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Donald Trump has spent half of his life scamming people and the other half trying to avoid consequences for his scams.  In fact, one of his biographers said a few years ago that Trump has always taken a perverse delight in scamming people and getting away with it.

Of course, Trump's biggest scam was convincing the white working class in 2016 that he represented their interests and was not beholden to the Koch plutocrats who bought the GOP ten years ago. 

Most of his white working class base still haven't even figured out that they got scammed.  It's false consciousness on steroids.

Do you think that this time justice will prevail? 

14 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Do you think that this time justice will prevail? 

I don't know enough about law to offer an informed opinion on that, Paul.  Trump's attorneys always seem find a way to help him beat the rap, and/or tie things up in endless appeals.

I noticed that Michael Cohen mentioned recently that the prosecutors in NY will have to go after Weisselberg's son to circumvent his stonewalling in the tax fraud investigation.

I'm curious as to why a Special Prosecutor hasn't already been appointed by the DOJ to investigate Trump's role in the January 6th insurrection.

Edited by W. Niederhut

W- I don''t know if this is going to unravel any faster than Watergate, but at some point before the 1/6 committee finishes up next summer, they will refer Trump to DOJ for indictment. The rumor is that they already have the basic outline of the plot, and now they are preparing their forks and knives. Everyone involved in the conspiracy will ultimately claim they were acting on his orders. Which is possibly true. Doesn't make them any less guilty, but that's what they'll say. 

This Jeffrey Clark thing is moving fast; was supposed to plead the 5th tomorrow, but today claimed he now has a medical condition, and must wait two weeks to testify. Simultaneously, it appears White House metadata has been found in his letter to Georgia officials trying to tamper with the 2020 election results.

https://www.palmerreport.com/analysis/white-house-metadata-no-wonder-jeffrey-clark-is-pleading-the-fifth-and-its-all-landing-in-donald-trumps-lap/42891/

In my opinion the more likely scenario is that Biden and his attorney general won’t do enough to stop the ongoing insurrection. The longer this Jan 6 investigation drags on, the longer we wait for indictments, the more empowered the Trumpers will feel. I don’t see this ending well. The defense of Democracy is too slow, too weak. Ultimately it doesn't matter how guilty he is if he is not stopped.