The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Speaking of political theater:

Liz Cheney Issues Warning After Newt Gingrich Says 1/6 Committee Members May Face Jail

BY JASON LEMON ON 1/23/22 AT 4:25 PM EST--Newsweek

Representative Liz Cheney, a Wyoming Republican, responded with a warning after prominent Republican Newt Gingrich suggested that members of the House select committee investigating the January 6, 2021 attack against the U.S. Capitol could face jail time if the GOP returns to power."

---30---

Maybe there is a civil war brewing.  Biden, Cheney, Gingrich, Trump sure are fanning the flames....

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

There can also be a vast schism between a leader's personality, and their policies, and the effect of those policies on great masses of people. 

By many accounts, former President George W. Bush personally is a pleasant and even witty fellow.  Yet his policies got the US into two fantastically expensive counterproductive wars, replete with endless human sorrow. And for what?  

Similarly, by many accounts Don Trump is a singularly unlikeable man, treacherous in many levels.

Yet Trump avoided starting a major war, and positively re-oriented trade policy to China despite affronting the most powerful globalist capitalist enterprises of all time (Apple, Disney, BlackRock, WalMart, GM, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, etc.), all of whom are deep in bed with the CCP. 

LBJ's personality may have even been worse than Trump's (and indeed, LBJ may have been headed to prison except for the JFKA, and some suspect with good reason LBJ participated in Texas-land murders).  Of course, LBJ got the US into Vietnam, yet also was instrumental in getting Voting Rights Bills passed.

Unfortunately, many wear opaque partisan blinders and even unsubtle nuances count for nothing. 

I remain skeptical of both political parties.  

I heard someone today speak of the American political parties as “two wings of the same bird” or more crudely “two cheeks of the same arse.” 

You’re right to be skeptical, suspicious, and vigilant when it comes to politicians. We have a whole history to study and see the commonalities, behaviours, and traits of ambitious people serving their own interests before their country. We can step into almost any country and see the same. Perhaps putting money at the top of the list of desirable life achievements creates a bad culture?! Perhaps not holding corrupt politicians accountable sets a precedent that tells young people that this is the way to make it. I did see a headline or two the other day about trading the markets in congress, how is that permitted? There is an obvious conflict of interests. 

Whichever side of the Atlantic we are, surely at some stage we have to stop believing in false profits and bad actors. It reeks of Napoleon’s definition of madness: people doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

G W Bush gets a right smashing in Russ Baker’s “Family of secrets.” It paints a very different picture of his character. 

When reading your post this story popped into my head, I think It may be from Pulp Fiction or a similar movie (feel free to correct). I think there is probably wisdom in this which perhaps relates to what you were saying.

THE STORY OF THE SPARROW
“On a beautiful winter day in Siberia, encouraged by the warm rays of the sun in a clear blue sky, a little sparrow left the security of his nest to fly and frolic in the air, but the 40o below zero temperature quickly overcame the imprudent bird who fell to the ground, frozen, and found himself buried in the snow where he would certainly have died in an instant. But by chance a cow trotted by at that moment, and at the very spot where the sparrow was struggling for his last breath, she dropped a large soft cow-dung on top of the bird. The warmth of this dung-bath resuscitated the moribund sparrow. He was so happy, he raised his head out of the cow-dooky and started to twitter joyfully, which drew the attention of a wandering homeless cat who delicately pulled the sparrow out of the dooky and devoured him.

The moral of this story: Your enemy is not necessarily the one who shits on your head. Your friend, however, is not necessarily the one who pulls you out of the dooky. And besides, one should never twitter when one is buried in dooky.“

On 1/21/2022 at 1:12 PM, W. Niederhut said:

Historically, Republicans have supported voting rights-- since 1965-- even as recently as 2006, when 17 Senate Republicans who just voted against this week's John Lewis Freedom to Vote Act voted to re-affirm the Voting Rights Act.

So, what happened to the GOP after 2006?  What explains the newfound GOP sabotage of the Voting Rights Act, beginning with the 5-4 Republican SCOTUS vote in Shelby v. Holder (2013) to block enforcement of the VRA on the grounds that it was no longer necessary?

In a nutshell, it's about Koch control of the GOP after 2009.

The Koch's Heritage Foundation has been the driving force behind state GOP voter suppression bills, and the recent Senate sabotage of the John Lewis Freedom to Vote Act.

Conservative Lobby Groups Prevail as Senate Keeps the Filibuster

While it lobbied to kneecap federal voting rights reform, Heritage Action helped write a host of state-level voter suppression bills.

https://theintercept.com/2022/01/21/voting-rights-filibuster-senate-conservative-lobbying/

January 21, 2022

It looks like Ben needs to do some remedial reading about the history of Jim Crow era voter suppression, the 1965 Voting Rights Act, Shelby v. Holder, (2013) and the Koch/Heritage GOP voter suppression legislation introduced throughout the U.S. during the past decade.

The Koch strategy is about maintaining plutocratic GOP minority rule.

As for mail-in ballots, we've used them for years here in Colorado, and we've had no voter fraud, other than the recent shenanigans by a Trump official in Lauren Boebert's Republican district.

State Republicans take an aim at voting laws following 2020 election – The  Hilltop

Edited by W. Niederhut

"China’s Huawei Pays Tony Podesta $1 Million for White House Lobbying"

Eva Fu--Epoch Times, January 22, 2022

"Long-time Democratic power broker Tony Podesta has earned $1 million over the past half-year lobbying the Biden White House at the behest of a blacklisted Chinese tech giant, recent federal disclosures show.

Huawei, which was placed under trade sanctions during the Trump administration, paid Podesta $500,000 in the fourth quarter of 2021 in an attempt to shake off the trade impact of the restrictions, according to the disclosure form filed on the evening of Jan. 20. With the $500,000 Podesta made from the previous three months by lobbying the White House, he has been compensated $1 million over a six-month period for the lobbying effort.

Podesta’s latest lobbying campaign targeted the Executive Office of the President and centered around “telecommunications services and impacted trade issues,” according to the disclosure."

---30---

Well, I would not be the first to note that DC is awash in lobbyist lucre. 

What is concerning is the huge amount money proffered by multinationals, whether based in the US, China or Europe. The globalist mindset predominates, in both parties. 

More than ever, US military, foreign and trade policies answer to the globalist class. 

These globalist policies  have made employee-class Americans less prosperous, and thus promoted extremism, far more than any blowhards. 

29 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

"China’s Huawei Pays Tony Podesta $1 Million for White House Lobbying"

Eva Fu--Epoch Times, January 22, 2022

"Long-time Democratic power broker Tony Podesta has earned $1 million over the past half-year lobbying the Biden White House at the behest of a blacklisted Chinese tech giant, recent federal disclosures show.

Huawei, which was placed under trade sanctions during the Trump administration, paid Podesta $500,000 in the fourth quarter of 2021 in an attempt to shake off the trade impact of the restrictions, according to the disclosure form filed on the evening of Jan. 20. With the $500,000 Podesta made from the previous three months by lobbying the White House, he has been compensated $1 million over a six-month period for the lobbying effort.

Podesta’s latest lobbying campaign targeted the Executive Office of the President and centered around “telecommunications services and impacted trade issues,” according to the disclosure."

---30---

Well, I would not be the first to note that DC is awash in lobbyist lucre. 

What is concerning is the huge amount money proffered by multinationals, whether based in the US, China or Europe. The globalist mindset predominates, in both parties. 

More than ever, US military, foreign and trade policies answer to the globalist class. 

These globalist policies  have made employee-class Americans less prosperous, and thus promoted extremism, far more than any blowhards. 

Nevermind.

29 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Epoch Times? That's like the flat-earther end of extremist RW propaganda, isn't it?

Matt A-

Yes, some Epoch Times coverage reflects the negative aspects of the new right wing, but then...where is the perfect news outlet anymore?   

Epoch Times has reported what the M$M did not report, and that is that a senior and important key former party official has made $1 million lobbying for a CCP-dominated Hauwei. 

True, this sort of compromising of policy is so commonplace, across the DC political spectrum, that perhaps I can be criticized for being idealistic or naive. 

Still, this strikes me as solid reporting...I contend one must peruse non-M$M news outlets to get a fuller picture, left and right. 

34 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

I must be missing something; a large amount of ex-government employees enter the profitable lobbying biz every year. Why again is it scandalous that Podesta is lobbying for a smart-phone manufacturer?

Well...

There is always the possibility, perhaps even a probability, that a Podesta (or dozens or 100s of others)  "earned" his keep from Huawei while in government service, and is being rewarded now. 

But (although it has been a few decades since I worked in DC) even worse is the milieu. The big money is always there for those who make connections while in government service, and the biggest money today is the multinationals, Silicon Valley, Wall Street, media. The environment is compromising, to put it mildly. 

And Huawei is not merely a smart-phone manufacturer, but connected to the CCP. If you think the Donks and the 'Phants are bad, you should read up on the CCP. 

If you don't believe anything in Epoch Times, then here is Reuters....

WASHINGTON, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Chinese telecoms giant Huawei (HWT.UL) paid Democratic lobbyist Tony Podesta $1 million to lobby the Biden administration on its behalf, double what the lobbyist has revealed publicly, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Trump is such a private country club with black servants indulged, spoiled elitist.

Hey boy, bring me another plate of butter and glass of water and tell your boss to call the golf barn to get my clubs and cart ready in 30 minutes.

"Yes Massa."

That life is a million miles removed from the real lives of the majority of Americans.

Yet, half the working class poor in this country think Trump really cares about them and will lead them to the promised land?

46 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

Trump is such a private country club with black servants indulged, spoiled elitist.

Hey boy, bring me another plate of butter and glass of water and tell your boss to call the golf barn to get my clubs and cart ready in 30 minutes.

"Yes Massa."

That life is a million miles removed from the real lives of the majority of Americans.

Yet, half the working class poor in this country think Trump really cares about them and will lead them to the promised land?

You’re right, Joe. He hasn’t known anything other than comfort, and he uses the taglines something like; it’s working class people that he gets on with best, the taxi drivers etc 

But, they all do it. It’s like it’s in the manual or political acting class. How removed is Hilary Clinton’s life from your average person’s? We seem to like it more when a person’s background is humble before heading into politics, like it means they are less likely to shaft the poor. Then we look at people like Margaret Thatcher or Richard Nixon and see there are no guarantees of avoiding that. In contrast you have JFK son of the 14th richest man in America, he wasn’t motivated by wealth, he already had it. 

As society is sorted into a wealth hierarchy, it seems from an outsiders perspective that the poor or working class people make up the largest voting group, both parties need the votes. The Dems target those of mixed heritage, and tap into the immigrant story (which almost all American’s are). The Republicans recently target the disenfranchised working class/poor, who are also resentful like their counterparts on the other side and beat the drum of American exceptionalism. Both groups desperately want something better, which makes it easy for the politicians to lure them with false promises and theatre. We’ve watched a war racket, become a pharma racket to pass taxes straight into the hands of private corporations. Same model. 

I thought about the way UK society is structured in classes and came to the conclusion that it’s like this.

- The poor / working class resent the middle class for being social climbers or pretenders, and the very wealthy for being exploiters. The poor make fun of the two classes as it makes them feel better, forms a sense of community. 
- The middle class look down on the poor as if they are trash, because it makes them feel better. The middle class look up to the elites as if greed is something to aspire to. But, when confronted with their own level of achievement, they say they don’t want what the elites have, the same as the poor do.
- The elites just look upon everyone below them as if they are the useless feeders, spoiling the scenery, who don’t deserve to be here, or don’t deserve the same level of comfort as them. This class is the one who comes up with grand ideas on population control and how society should be run, with a strong bias toward themselves being more important or deserved than the rest. 

My conclusions come from having attended schools with the elites, and living in a community with some, and working with some of them. I would say my friend circle is a mix of all the above groups, some I have been connected with mostly by sports and work in my younger years. Sure, there are exceptions to the rules, plenty of people are balanced enough to not hold those views but, they are often people who mix through the classes, as opposed to stay in their own ranks. IMHO they are the constants, they are much better hidden than two decades ago, as most people charade as the good guys online, just beneath the surface this lurks. Until we solve the way we all look at each other, and cast out the politicians using these divides for their gains, it will perpetuate. Both sides are guilty. I can see why you guys are so vehemently against Trump. Nobody wins any points by being being slightly the less guilty of the two (lesser of two evils). 

We can all do better. 

https://twitter.com/jefftimmer/status/1485014338423427086

Meshawn Maddock is the co-Chair of the Michigan Republican Party and was one of Michigan’s Fake Electors.

Garlin Gilchrist II is Michigan’s Lieutenant Governor and is recovering from Covid.

Wonder what "a babies" is.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas