The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Texas GOP Governor Abbott to deploy 1000 National Guard troops for election

By David Badash, The New Civil Rights Movement October 26, 2020

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/texas-gop-governor-abbott-to-deploy-1000-national-guard-troops-for-election/

“The Texas Army National Guard said Monday it had been ordered to dispatch 1,000 troops to five major cities around the state in conjunction with the Nov. 3 election,” MySanAntonio.com reports.

“We have not been asked to go to any polling locations as of yet. Now that could change, leading up to the election or after the election,” a Texas Army National Guard spokesperson says.

Abbott has not released any information on this plan which some see as authoritarian voter intimidation.

The Texas governor is already under fire after reducing ballot boxes to just one per county.”

San Antonio election updates: Abbott to order 1,000 troops to Texas cities during election

By Staff, Mark Dunphy, Priscilla Aguirre, Madalyn Mendoza, Sig Christenson

Oct. 22, 2020 Updated: Oct. 26, 2020

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/politics/article/San-Antonio-election-updates-Abbott-to-order-15664157.php

October 26

“Guard troops ordered to S.A.: The Texas Army National Guard said Monday it had been ordered to dispatch 1,000 troops to five major cities around the state in conjunction with the Nov. 3 election, including San Antonio. The guard in recent weeks had told the San Antonio Express-News that its commander, Maj. Gen. Tracy Norris, had been asked to draft contingency plans in case of trouble at polling places in major cities around the state.”

Steve Thomas

Glad I've already voted.  I guess the troops will be available if any proud boys try to intimidate or otherwise interfere with voters, right?

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

This blows up QAnon.

Child Sex Trafficking Prosecutions Fall During Trump Administration

https://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/629/

The number of prosecutions for child sex trafficking has significantly declined during the Trump Administration, after climbing steadily during the Obama years. 

45 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

This blows up QAnon.

Child Sex Trafficking Prosecutions Fall During Trump Administration

https://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/crim/629/

The number of prosecutions for child sex trafficking has significantly declined during the Trump Administration, after climbing steadily during the Obama years. 

What an oxymoron hypocritical piece of crap, given the whole Jeffery Epstein story. 

Fact-checking claims about Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, and China | PolitiFact

Foreign policy experts say these allegations do not add up to a picture of Joe Biden being corrupt or pursuing policies contrary to the national interest.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/elections/2020/10/21/fact-checking-claims-about-hunter-biden-joe-biden-and-china-politifact/

The documentary never says that either Biden broke the law, but its pairing of the Bidens with Chinese figures charged with espionage and other crimes, punctuated by spooky music, might give a viewer that impression. However, there is no evidence that Hunter Biden came close to breaking the law, much less any evidence that his father has done so. </q>

Well, they did it.  Defied the American will in essence.  Since they did it the natural response is two new justices would still leave a 6-5 conservative majority.  So go for four.  Too big of an outcry, won't work.  Wait for a conservative to die.  Meanwhile... this requires the Presidency and the Senate.

Edited by Ron Bulman

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Happy Birthday Hillary Rodham Clinton!

1478035386_Screenshot2020-10-26215747.jpg.57f217a23c06a555b63af49843b751db.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to put a member on "ignore" on this forum?

I'm, generally, a tolerant, open-minded person who believes in a free, civil exchange of ideas, but I've finally had enough of Wheeler's nonsense.

Anyone who really believes that it is fair and reasonable for Mitch McConnell and the slim GOP Senate majority to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the SCOTUS eight days before an election, after blocking Merrick Garland's confirmation for 300 days, on the grounds that 2016 was an election year, is not someone I care to converse with.

This is not an occasion for gloating.  It's, frankly, a travesty.

16 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Can someone please tell me how to put a member on "ignore" on this forum?

I'm, generally, a tolerant, open-minded person who believes in a free, civil exchange of ideas, but I've finally had enough of Wheeler's nonsense.

Anyone who really believes that it is fair and reasonable for Mitch McConnell and the slim GOP Senate majority to confirm Amy Coney Barrett to the SCOTUS eight days before an election, after blocking Merrick Garland's confirmation for 300 days, on the grounds that 2016 was an election year, is not someone I care to converse with.

This is not an occasion for gloating.  It's, frankly, a travesty.

Click your name in the upper right hand corner.  Then on ignored users.  I jut do it manually.  Ignore or skim his posts.  One occasionally deserves a response for the sake of posterity. 

12 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Not only am I gloating, I’m dancing a jig.

If Ginsburg had retired when Obama asked her to, you wouldn’t be so down in the dumps.

You know Niederhut, it’s your type of unhinged histrionic comments that keep me coming back. 

If you put me on ignore, I would have a little more respect for you.

Do you ever wonder why some here don’t put me on ignore?

Do you want to know?

I would.  Tell us.

Maybe not, unlucky number in this case for the GOP is 13.

Edited by James DiEugenio

3 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Not only am I gloating, I’m dancing a jig.

If Ginsburg had retired when Obama asked her to, you wouldn’t be so down in the dumps.

You know Niederhut, it’s your type of unhinged histrionic comments that keep me coming back. 

If you put me on ignore, I would have a little more respect for you.

Do you ever wonder why some here don’t put me on ignore?

Do you want to know?

That is rich. The phrase "...unhinged histrionic comments..." perfectly describes the nature of the vast majority of Mr. Wheeler's comments on this thread. Thanks for the much needed belly laugh.