The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

I love how this  all began, with these States Rights zealots who then turn around and sue other states for violating their states voting rights. It's Texas bullying around it's neighbors through their Attorney General Ken Paxton,and threatening to overturn their elections. It's backed by their douchebag Governor  Abott and Lt.Governor Dan Patrick They're prepared to take it to  SCOTUS and have their partner in douchegoguery Ted Cruz argue on their behalf!

RE:Texas AG Paxton--- The FBI is investigating Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, the Associated Press reported Tuesday evening, vetting allegations made by eight of Paxton’s former top aides that he illegally used the power of his office to benefit a political donor.

Two unnamed sources told the AP that the bureau was examining claims made by the whistleblowers that Paxton broke the law by intervening several times in legal matters involving Nate Paul, a real estate investor and friend who donated $25,000 to Paxton’s campaign in 2018.

Paxton has been under indictment for more than five years on securities fraud charges but has yet to stand trial. He has dismissed the charges as politically motivated and entered a not guilty plea. And yet he's actually been re elected!

And Trump is meeting with Paxton tomorrow!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Trump-Ken-Paxton-election-challenge-the-big-one-15788005.php

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

18 States are suing 4 other States (Georgia included) seeking to invalidate their elections.

On Tuesday, President Trump ordered the Attorney General of Georgia not to defend his own State in this lawsuit. How's that for a kick in the pants?

On Monday, December 14th, the Electors to the Electoral College meet in their respective State Capitols to cast their votes for President. I hope and pray that they have adequate police protection.

Steve Thomas

You see, if we make it easier for people to vote, it opens the door for the possibility of more undetectable voter fraud.

The key is not to let people vote. We'll just appoint the leaders.

It's simple.

I'm just not sure whosa gonna be doin the appointen tho.

Steve Thomas

Is this why Trump is so keen to veto the Defense Bill?

US poised to overhaul the country’s anti-money laundering legislation

"Congress has released the National Defense Authorization Act, which includes reforms that would effectively end fully anonymous shell companies."

By Hamish Boland-Rudder December 4, 2020

ICIJ: International Consortium of Investigative Journalists

https://www.icij.org/inside-icij/2020/12/us-poised-to-overhaul-the-countrys-anti-money-laundering-legislation/

“The United States looks set to overhaul the country’s anti-money-laundering legislation, after widely-supported provisions were officially included in a must-pass annual defense spending bill on Thursday.

The reforms, based on proposals by bipartisan groups of lawmakers from both the Senate and the House of Representatives, would mandate that companies in the U.S. report their ultimate owners to the Treasury Department, effectively ending fully anonymous shell companies.

The provisions will also see the U.S. strengthen its financial intelligence work, including bulking up the data collection of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, known as FinCEN, and increasing international cooperation between financial crime units. The ownership data would not be made public.”

The legislation was officially included in the final version of the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2021, a giant spending bill that usually passes with bipartisan support to ensure continued funding for national defense.

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, a Democrat, said the inclusion of the anti-money-laundering legislation in the defense spending bill would help close “holes in our financial system [that] pose a serious threat to national security.”

“It is past time to put an end to the secrecy that allows drug cartels, human traffickers, arms dealers, terrorists and kleptocrats to exploit the United States’ banking system in order to carry out anti-American activities,” Warner said in a statement issued alongside fellow Democrat Doug Jones and Republican Mike Rounds, who co-authored the ILLICIT CASH Act that was used as the basis for some of the provisions.

The legislation was officially included in the final version of the National Defense Authorization Act for fiscal year 2021, a giant spending bill that usually passes with bipartisan support to ensure continued funding for national defense.

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner, a Democrat, said the inclusion of the anti-money-laundering legislation in the defense spending bill would help close “holes in our financial system [that] pose a serious threat to national security.”

“It is past time to put an end to the secrecy that allows drug cartels, human traffickers, arms dealers, terrorists and kleptocrats to exploit the United States’ banking system in order to carry out anti-American activities,” Warner said in a statement issued alongside fellow Democrat Doug Jones and Republican Mike Rounds, who co-authored the ILLICIT CASH Act that was used as the basis for some of the provisions.

The final legislation brings together numerous reforms of the financial system that have been proposed in recent years, and that have referenced a number of investigations into financial secrecy by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/heres-the-real-reason-trump-may-veto-the-defense-funding-bill-ex-irs-investigator/

“Currently, the U.S. is at the bottom of the pack with respect to corporate transparency,” said Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), who has been pushing for the act since 2007. “In many states, more personal information is needed to obtain a library card than to establish a legal entity that can be used to facilitate tax evasion, money laundering, fraud, and corruption. The U.S has been identified in several studies as one of the easiest jurisdictions in which to open an anonymous company.”

“That legislation would have prevented the Trump family from setting up shell companies that allowed the president’s father Fred Trump from making large cash gifts to his children disguised as legitimate business transactions to evade taxes, and could expose possible wrongdoing in his real estate empire.”

“’Beyond the impacts for law enforcement,’” Maloney has noted, the Illicit Cash Act, ‘will directly affect us here at home by lowering housing costs in New York City,’ where shell companies parking money in high-end real estate have cut into housing supply and pushed up real estate costs for everyone else,” Sheil wrote. “That includes many of the 1,300 Trump condominiums that were purchased with all cash by anonymous shell companies, according to a Buzzfeed investigation.”

Steve Thomas

Was the Now-Forgotten Murder of One Man on September 9, 2001 a Crucial Pre-condition for 9/11?

By

Peter Dale Scott, with Aaron Good

December 9, 2020

https://covertactionmagazine.com/2020/12/09/was-the-now-forgotten-murder-of-one-man-on-september-9-2001-a-crucial-pre-condition-for-9-11/

Number of U.S. Covid deaths surpasses total number of U.S. combat deaths in World War II.

WW II combat deaths 291,554.

U.S. Covid deaths 295,000+.

The WW II combat deaths occurred over a 3 and 1/2 year period from late 1941 to May 1945.

The higher number Covid deaths have occurred over just a 10 month period.

1/4th the time length of World War II.

15% of our population has contracted the virus.

Donald Trump:

"I hear we're close to 15%. I'm hearing that. And that's terrific."

Donald Trump Is our first Mafia Godfather type president.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Statement from Jim Walden, Attorney for Christopher Krebs, former Director of CISA

New York, NY, December 9, 2020 — Yesterday, Jim Walden of Walden Macht & Haran, attorney for Christopher Krebs, the former Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, filed a lawsuit accusing the Trump campaign and its agents of fomenting a campaign of violence toward those who uphold the integrity of the 2020 presidential election.

Today, Walden states, “We became aware tonight that a shadow group has launched a campaign on a website called
enemies of the people proposing the assassination of various Republican and Democratic leaders who they falsely claim are complicit in manipulating the 2020 presidential campaign. If anyone needs to be reminded that public calls for violence beget violence, this is the clarion call. If blood is spilled, it is on the hands of the president, his campaign, his lawyers, and the silent Republicans standing in the president’s shadow. We have deployed every conceivable resource to counteract this tangible step toward terrorism — although it may be domestic or foreign actors trying to stoke the violence.  Either way, this toxic campaign proves the truth of everything we said in our lawsuit yesterday.”

Walden Macht & Haran, 1 Battery Park Plaza, New York, NY 10004 
@JWaldenEsq

Steve Thomas

This Krebs guy is a lifelong Republican and he worked for Microsoft.

He graduated from George Mason School of Law, often called Scalia School of Law.  If you know anything about that university, there was a scandal there about how much Koch funding the university took and if it was really an outpost for them to establish a beachhead in academia.  For example, in return for funding, the Kochs got to pick who the faculty was.  Economist James Buchanan taught there.  He is the subject of that fine book, Democracy in Chains by Nancy McLean.

It would seem to me that Krebs would not be a likely candidate to subvert a GOP administration.  The guy was working to get the USA back to a complete paper ballot receipt format. That is what I submitted.  

1 minute ago, James DiEugenio said:

This Krebs guy is a lifelong Republican and he worked for Microsoft.

He graduated from George Mason School of Law, often called Scalia School of Law.  If you know anything about that university, there was a scandal there about how much Koch funding the university took and if it was really an outpost for them to establish a beachhead in academia.  For example, in return for funding, the Kochs got to pick who the faculty was.  Economist James Buchanan taught there.  He is the subject of that fine book, Democracy in Chains by Nancy McLean.

It would seem to me that Krebs would not be a likely candidate to subvert a GOP administration.  The guy was working to get the USA back to a complete paper ballot receipt format. That is what I submitted.  

Trumpistas are pretty much making any receipt for a vote meaningless as it appears they prefer some form of dictatorship to democracy. I wonder how what they're trying to do now is going to play 2022 at the mid terms.

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I wonder what the co-morbidity rate was of all those 18 year old to 35 year old men.

Yeah, when most of the dead Americans from the covid are over 40 who cares.

Just getting rid of the chaff.

Now if all those dead Americans could have had the covid medicine regimen treatment Trump and the other high elected and appointed officials ( many in their 50's, 60's and 70's ) received and as Guiliani and Trump both said made them feel 10 years studly younger... I wonder how many of them would have pulled through?

Ah, but the royal medical treatment is not for the little people.

2 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Number of U.S. Covid deaths surpasses total number of U.S. combat deaths in World War II.

WW II combat deaths 291,554.

U.S. Covid deaths 295,000+.

The WW II combat deaths occurred over a 3 and 1/2 year period from late 1941 to May 1945.

The higher number Covid deaths have occurred over just a 10 month period.

1/4th the time length of World War II.

15% of our population has contracted the virus.

Donald Trump:

"I hear we're close to 15%. I'm hearing that. And that's terrific."

Donald Trump Is our first Mafia Godfather type president.

World War II didn't kill all those people. Many were shot.

23 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Seems kind of important.

Pentagon plans to cut most of its support to CIA's counterterrorist missions

The majority of the U.S. military's support could end on Jan. 5.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/pentagon-plans-cut-support-cias-counterterrorism-missions/story?id=74641591&__twitter_impression=true

Trump must be trying to get out of the whole Syria thing before Biden comes into office. That's one I agree with him on.

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

Trump must be trying to get out of the whole Syria thing before Biden comes into office. That's one I agree with him on.

Ditto.   I fear that Biden is going to revive the Obama administration's disastrous Sunni proxy war in Syria.

One of my favorite academicians in America today is Columbia University Professor Jeffrey Sachs, who blew the whistle on Operation Timber Sycamore on MSNBC a few years ago.  At the time Sachs said, "We need to get out of Syria.  We've done enough damage to that country already."

3 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Yeah, when most of the dead Americans from the covid are over 40 who cares.

I believe you may have missed Robert's important point. Most of the US combat deaths in WWII were between the ages of 18-35. They would have otherwise lived much longer if they were not in a war. With Covid-19, the average person who died had 2.6 severe health issues before covid, like cancer, diabetes, etc.... That is from the CDC. 60% of all deaths attributed to Covid-19 were people 75 and older (most over 85!) who had 2-3 major health issues. The average life expectancy between all states is 78.5. When you add in the fact that the CDC ordered a change in death certificate accounting earlier this year to make Covid listed in the all important Part A regardless of whether or not it killed them, you can begin to see what had happened. Then there's the PCR "tests"....

Comparing US WWII combat deaths to the official Covid-19 number is not instructive of any useful historical analysis in my opinion.

Edited by Dennis Berube