• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, David G. Healy said:

and if McConnell is put to pasture after the Atlanta runoff, the GOP goes the way the Whig party went in the 1850's, KAPUT, FINI, TOAST, DONE... 

Nope, the Dem's will lose the Senate debacle, McConnell will remain in his perch (after all, whose going to defend his wife and her probable communist Chinese ties?), the media ORACLE'S have spoken-decreed (they, the Fortune 500 and the Tech's cleaned up this cycle). 

And besides, with 120+. House members who probably committed sedition, the house will have its non-legislative work cut out for it... put 120+ GOP House members in prison or on notice, the Dem's will have one hell of a majority in the House. For a second or two...

I don't believe the Dems can win in Georgia. There is no way the real and highest powers to be in that state ( in the entire nation ) will allow another slim Dem victory like the 2020 presidential election. My guess is that we can't even imagine the weapons of vote disinfranchisement they will dream up and use.

And because this is FOR ALL OF THE MARBLES in Federal control, the biggest national wealth powers to be will pump whatever it takes into the Repub coffers in Georgia...even if it's billions! Sheldon Adelson type wealth.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Frankly, I'd be surprised if the DNC wants the Dems to win Georgia. As it is, they have a built in excuse with "McConnell obstruction" not to do anything, certainly nothing of a progressive bent. If they lose Georgia, they run less risk of angering their corporate masters.

1 hour ago, Joe Bauer said:

My guess is that we can't even imagine the weapons of vote disinfranchisement they will dream up and use.

Rand Paul Says Letting People Vote Who Normally Don't Vote Will 'Change The Outcome' Of Elections, Which Is, Uh, How Voting Works

"I'm very, very concerned that if you solicit votes from typically non-voters, that you will affect and change the outcome."

Fox News via Eric Kleefeld

https://digg.com/video/rand-paul-voting-from-nonvoters

Steve Thomas

Nuclear weapons agency breached amid massive cyber onslaught

By NATASHA BERTRAND 12/17/2020

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/17/nuclear-agency-hacked-officials-inform-congress-447855

“Hackers accessed systems at the National Nuclear Security Administration, which maintains the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile.

The Energy Department and National Nuclear Security Administration, which maintains the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile, have evidence that hackers accessed their networks as part of an extensive espionage operation that has affected at least half a dozen federal agencies, officials directly familiar with the matter said.

On Thursday, DOE and NNSA officials began coordinating notifications about the breach to their congressional oversight bodies after being briefed by Rocky Campione, the chief information officer at DOE.

They found suspicious activity in networks belonging to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Sandia and Los Alamos national laboratories in New Mexico and Washington, the Office of Secure Transportation and the Richland Field Office of the DOE. The hackers have been able to do more damage at FERC than the other agencies, the officials said, but did not elaborate.”

And Donald Trump has done NOTHING. He needs to be removed today, before he destroys this country.

Steve Thomas

Here we go.

The Bloomberg factor.

20 hours ago — President-elect Joe Biden's transition team in recent weeks has quietly brought aboard alumni of Wall Street titan Goldman Sachs, tech giants ...
Missing: appoints ‎| Must include: appoints

On 12/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

One of my reasons for asking Dennis and Jim D. for their top 10 presidents is because it seemed to me that they'd be unable to pick that many whose presidencies they could stomach.

Is this you admitting you were wrong Sandy? Apology accepted.

On 12/16/2020 at 1:31 PM, James DiEugenio said:

The way you guys coddle DLC types like Obama and Clinton makes me wonder if you are already warming up to embrace Obama part 2, Joe Biden.  Let us see how long it takes Joe to get us out of Syria and to denounce what MBS is doing in Yemen, let alone for the murder of Khassoggi.

Let's also watch as Biden likely ignores one of the better genuinely Democratic proposals that Tulsi has introduced. The excess profits bill. This is exactly the type of thing that will show what has happened to the Democratic party. I hope I'm wrong and millions of well informed Democrats will call their congressman and tell them to support this, but more likely is another bill that would bring us one step closer to New Deal type Democratic action goes unnoticed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/18/tulsi-gabbard-redirect-profits-from-corporations-allowed-to-remain-open-to-small-businesses-forced-to-close/

Jeff has already posted regarding Tulsi's Patriot Act repeal bill. Putting these two bills together exposes Joe Biden in my view, unless I'm wrong and he suddenly champions them. Only immense pressure from a badly misguided mainstream left could push these bills through all of the corrupt pressure that Biden likely has little intention of challenging like Gabbard would have. Not to mention, Gabbard would have definitely pulled us out of Syria, her DNC star fell because of her statements after having actually gone over there and investigated the situation.