• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

To clarify, what I said about WaPo in particular, is that they seem to cover the political news well, except in matters pertaining to covert CIA and military ops.

But, frankly, I don't believe that the January 6th Trump mob attack on Congress was a "Deep State" op of any kind.

Cui bono?  In what conceivable sense would the "Deep State" have benefited from the January 6th attacks--unless there were people in the "Deep State" who wanted to block the certification of Biden's election?

Meanwhile, the claim that the FBI has found "scant evidence of coordination" of the January 6th attacks is, apparently, incorrect.  And Trump, Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan, et.al., are freaking out about an investigation of their January 6th phone records-- even to the extent that they have threatened telecom companies who comply with the request for records.

Well, OK, let's see how the "M$M" plays the Jan. 6 investigation report. 

My guess is, very favorably. 

And remember---there will be no "defense counsel" equivalent cross-examining witnesses or challenging evidence.  As you know from the old HSCA, or the 9/11 or WC investigations, unless there is a vigorous examination of witnesses and evidence...well, any version of the truth will do. 

Maybe a couple dope GOP'ers were stupid enough to believe they could have a bunch of lulus storm the Capitol and take over the US government. Matt Gaetz might actually be that stupid, from outward appearances. 

But seriously, these people occupying the Capitol on Jan. 6...well, they need help, not imprisonment. Every one of the arrest files I have read indicates a very marginalized, deluded and mentally challenged person.  Seriously, these people text and photo their location inside the Capitol, thus affirming and documenting their participation in a crime, but can barely spell while doing so. 

The word "certain" is spelled as "sertan."  That is, at least, phonetic. Other texts were less precise in spelling and grammar.  

Again, many occupiers texted they must have been allowed to enter the building. It is odd how defenses just melted away. 

The Trumpers ran the Capitol police?  Not likely, they report to House leadership, and Amy Klobuchar. 

BTW, many on this forum believe the CIA had plants inside the Dallas Police Department. Maybe so.

Very likely, the CIA had many, many plants in the Capitol police department. What better police department on earth to heavily infiltrate and learn of compromising details or other intel on Congresspeople? 

The WaPo has become establishment pulp, in political reporting or otherwise. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

To clarify, what I said about WaPo in particular, is that they seem to cover the political news well, except in matters pertaining to covert CIA and military ops.

But, frankly, I don't believe that the January 6th Trump mob attack on Congress was a "Deep State" op of any kind.

Cui bono?  In what conceivable sense would the "Deep State" have benefited from the January 6th attacks--unless there were people in the "Deep State" who wanted to block the certification of Biden's election?

Meanwhile, the claim that the FBI has found "scant evidence of coordination" of the January 6th attacks is, apparently, incorrect.  And Trump, Kevin McCarthy, Jim Jordan, et.al., are freaking out about an investigation of their January 6th phone records-- even to the extent that they have threatened telecom companies who comply with the request for records.

Add on (sorry):

Let me riddle you this: Liz Cheney is not only an old Washington hand, but born and bred to Deep State politics (and now a WaPo heroine).

Do you think that before Liz Cheney assented to be on the Jan. 6 committee, she did not first see and approve of the committee report's pending abstract, introduction and conclusions?

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Add on (sorry):

Let me riddle you this: Liz Cheney is not only an old Washington hand, but born and bred to Deep State politics (and now a WaPo heroine).

Do you think that before Liz Cheney assented to be on the Jan. 6 committee, she did not first see and approve of the committee report's pending abstract, introduction and conclusions?

Ben,

I've never been a Cheney fan, far from it, but my impression is that Liz Cheney has been appropriately appalled by the conduct of some of her Republican colleagues in Congress-- Kevin McCarthy, Mo Brooks, Jim Jordan, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebert, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, et.al.-- who endorsed Trump's Big Lie about election fraud and incited mob violence on January 6th.  She, reportedly, scolded Jim Jordan in the Capitol during the January 6th attacks for his role in the inciting the insurrection.

The fact that Liz is a Cheney doesn't mean that everything she does is part of a Deep State/Halliburton plot.

In this case, she's, apparently, standing up for the rule of law-- and being anathematized by the Trump GOP for doing so.

8 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

I've never been a Cheney fan, far from it, but my impression is that Liz Cheney has been appropriately appalled by the conduct of some of her Republican colleagues in Congress-- Kevin McCarthy, Mo Brooks, Jim Jordan, Paul Gosar, Lauren Boebert, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, et.al.-- who endorsed Trump's Big Lie about election fraud and incited mob violence on January 6th.  She, reportedly, scolded Jim Jordan in the Capitol during the January 6th attacks for his role in the inciting the insurrection.

The fact that Liz is a Cheney doesn't mean that everything she does is part of a Deep State/Halliburton plot.

In this case, she's, apparently, standing up for the rule of law-- and being anathematized by the Trump GOP for doing so.

OK, we do not agree on this particular event, and that's fine. 

Cheney and "rule of law" on the same page? Well....

My take is Liz Cheney loathes, detests and reviles Trumpers most of all for...not their domestic politics, but their "isolationist" foreign policy and the wrecking the establishment-Bush wing of the GOP. 

Remember Jeb! Bush getting 2% of the 2016 Florida primary vote against the talk-show host Trump? Jeb!'s home state. Jeb! Trump completely crushed the party establishment. 

My take on US politics these days is exhausted resignation, so not much disappointment enters my vocabulary. 

But if I can rise to the occasion, I am disappointed that the first US political movement to challenge to national security state-foreign policy Deep State prerogatives in 50 years...is the regrettable Trumpers. 

Cheney strikes me as a deep-state apparatchik 24/7. The 1/6 scrum will necessitate for a larger surveillance state and police state, and a defeat of the Trumpers. 

BTW, I unabashedly give Biden credit for pulling out of Afghanie. It may even be the military peevishly let matters go to pot after Biden stuck with his decision. Booby-trapped Biden, so to speak.

Good for Biden. 

PS Interesting question: Obviously Liz Cheney learned politics at her daddy's knee.

You say Dick Cheney was part of the plot to demolish the WTC towers on 9/11, probably the most heinous domestic act by the US government in history.

Do you think Dick Cheney ever educated his daughter as to the necessity that day of downing the WTC towers, so that invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan could follow? Do you suppose being so well-positioned, Liz Cheney figured it out? 

Is she is aware of the truth on 9/11...what do you make of her? Would you believe what she says about 1/6? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
new idea

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

House Democrats, Working With Liz Cheney, Restrict Trump’s Planned Withdrawal of Troops From Afghanistan and Germany

The bipartisan commitment to using Russia for endless war and imperialism remains vibrant.

July 2 2020, 11:38 p.m.

U.S. Citizens and Afghans Wait for Evacuation Flights From Country’s North

The Taliban have left hundreds of people stranded in Afghanistan awaiting approval for departure.

05afghanistan1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=

In this satellite image taken on Friday, planes can be seen near the main terminal of the airport in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan.Credit...Maxar Technologies/Reuters

Sept. 5, 2021

The New York Times

Around 1,000 people, including dozens of American citizens and Afghans holding visas to the United States or other countries, remained stuck in Afghanistan for the fifth day on Sunday as they awaited clearance for the departure from the Taliban. The holdup reflects the challenges of foreign governments working with the group, which has yet to form a government.

Negotiations to allow the planes to depart, involving officials of the Taliban, the United States and Qatar, have dragged on for days, leaving the evacuees in an increasingly precarious limbo, according to representatives of organizations trying to get them to safety.T

The Biden administration has faced criticism for leaving Americans and Afghan allies behind after the final troops left on Aug. 30.

The confusion surrounding the departure of the chartered planes from Mazar reflects the chaos in Afghanistan resulting from the departure of the United States and its Western allies and fears that the Taliban will fail to come good on their promises to respect human rights and not persecute Afghans who cooperated with the American-backed government.

“The reason the Taliban wants to prevent these people from leaving is likely because they intend to punish them for their cooperation with the U.S.,” said Mick Mulroy, a former senior Pentagon official who has been working with the group Task Force Dunkirk to help evacuate Afghans from the country. If the Taliban really are using people as a bargaining chip, Mr. Mulroy said, that “is unacceptable.”

Representative Michael McCaul, Republican of Texas and the ranking member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, suggested during an interview on Fox News Sunday that the Taliban were preventing six airplanes from leaving Afghanistan, effectively holding Americans hostage.

“State has cleared these flights, and the Taliban will not let them leave the airport,” Mr. McCaul said, adding that he believed the problem was “turning into a hostage situation.”

Mr. McCaul said the Taliban wanted “something in exchange” for approving takeoff of the planes. He said he believed they were seeking “full recognition from the United States of America.”

Conservatives are already setting the stage to accuse Newsom of recall election fraud: report

by Tom Boggioni September 06, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/conservatives-are-already-setting-the-stage-to-accuse-newsom-of-recall-election-fraud-report/

"Appearing on Fox News, Elder -- the leading Republican candidate -- already telegraphed how he might respond to Newsom not being ousted.

"The 2020 election, in my opinion, was full of shenanigans. And my fear is they're going to try that in this election right here and recall. So I'm urging people to go to ElectElder.com. Whenever you see anything, hear anything suspicious, go to my website. We have a battery of lawyers. We're going to file a lawsuit in a timely fashion this time," he told MediaBuzz host Howard Kurtz."

And so it begins.

Steve Thomas

10 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

OK, we do not agree on this particular event, and that's fine. 

Cheney and "rule of law" on the same page? Well....

My take is Liz Cheney loathes, detests and reviles Trumpers most of all for...not their domestic politics, but their "isolationist" foreign policy and the wrecking the establishment-Bush wing of the GOP. 

Remember Jeb! Bush getting 2% of the 2016 Florida primary vote against the talk-show host Trump? Jeb!'s home state. Jeb! Trump completely crushed the party establishment. 

My take on US politics these days is exhausted resignation, so not much disappointment enters my vocabulary. 

But if I can rise to the occasion, I am disappointed that the first US political movement to challenge to national security state-foreign policy Deep State prerogatives in 50 years...is the regrettable Trumpers. 

Cheney strikes me as a deep-state apparatchik 24/7. The 1/6 scrum will necessitate for a larger surveillance state and police state, and a defeat of the Trumpers. 

BTW, I unabashedly give Biden credit for pulling out of Afghanie. It may even be the military peevishly let matters go to pot after Biden stuck with his decision. Booby-trapped Biden, so to speak.

Good for Biden. 

PS Interesting question: Obviously Liz Cheney learned politics at her daddy's knee.

You say Dick Cheney was part of the plot to demolish the WTC towers on 9/11, probably the most heinous domestic act by the US government in history.

Do you think Dick Cheney ever educated his daughter as to the necessity that day of downing the WTC towers, so that invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan could follow? Do you suppose being so well-positioned, Liz Cheney figured it out? 

Is she is aware of the truth on 9/11...what do you make of her? Would you believe what she says about 1/6? 

That's where your heartaches begin,
Elvis

Ben: My take on US politics these days is exhausted resignation, I am disappointed that the first US political movement to challenge to national security state-foreign policy Deep State prerogatives in 50 years...is the regrettable Trumpers

Yes, and that's why you were always doomed to failure.  Mostly because you're initial premise is wrong.
Ben:My take is Liz Cheney loathes, detests and reviles Trumpers most of all for...not their domestic politics, but their "isolationist" foreign policy 

Trump js not, and never been  an isolationist, he's personally more a globalist with global interests throughout the world than any previous President. He is absolutely not an ideologue at all. But reacts internationally mostly from the perspective of how it effects his personal interests. Similarly the rank and file people who follow him are not at all ideological other than some,misplaced anger against  the "government" or authority that you've sort of glomed on to as ideology. .. There was never anything more to it. Whatever sort of anti globalist populist rhetoric Trump had in speeches was not from Trump himself but was given to him by Steve Banon.

Though I do have some sympathy for your misdirection,  I've tried to dialog with you about a world without globalism and the U.K."s role in it , and history without it , but you choose not to.. The same condition to the prospect of anti globalism doesn't really exist as much  in the U.S. as the U.S. is this biggest world consumer bubble that foreign countries cutthroat vie for a piece of, but few can compete for. Just sayin"

As for your lead character, Liz Cheney and now endless speculation about her sympathy to some role her father had in 911, I won't even address. But your previous assertions that she's become a kingpin in the Democratic Party was honestly wacko.
Liz Cheney is a politician, without a political party, whose operating under the present illusion that she can bring her party back. Her chief antipathy to Trump is not that Trump pulled off any coup in world anti globalism, though regarding U.S. foreign intervention, it's true that she was more concerned about Trump's rhetoric then the eventual reality,  but far more than either of those is her anger toward Trump for destroying the Republican Party.

2 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Biden’s Long Trail of Betrayals

Why is the president so consistently wrong on major foreign-policy matters?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/08/biden-afghanistan-record/619799/

and the wuzzy media continues.... back to manufacturing noise when they simply can't cover the news -- they need to invent news... The 24 hour news cycle created 5 billion wannabe commentators and about 10 reporters.... most are worthless pukes...